Rumor of a new album???

Ill take anything at this point if it has solid Axl vocals on it. I'm a big AC/DC fan, mostly the Bon stuff, but with Malcolm gone, I have no faith in Angus writing anything near a good album. The last album was dreadful! 

To all of you saying that Axl would never agree to turn over all the power to a producer -  under these terms, he’s really not. If he doesn’t like what he hears, all he has to do is walk out and nothing ever gets released.  It’s not like if he signs up with this arrangement he has to write an album against his will with a producer in charge. He still has the power to shitcan the whole thing if he wants to.

Edited by mashandflutter
  • Like 1

I'm really thinking GNR will go back on pause after the next euro leg. Axl doing AC/DC, Slash finishing the SMKC album and maybe touring it (if Myles Kennedy is available). And maybe that'll be all for GNR. Or maybe after these things they'll get back together and actually put some effort into recording something. But it wont be easy. 

• Sad 1

Fuck This! I do not want an AXL/DC record that would be stupid beyond all means. GNR is finally back and this would pull all the steam out of the reunion. As a fan of this band we've been jerked around for years. Finally GNR is killing it with this lineup and blew away all expectations with this tour. To kick the fans in the nuts by making an AXL/DC record and not a new GNR one would be in my eyes unforgivable. For Fucks sake's no one is left in AC/DC anyway old man Angus needs to put this shit to bed. If Angus fucks up this reunion I'll be so Pissed!! I can't see how anyone finds this acceptable.

• Like 4

Axl might sing like a god on a possible AC/DC album, it'd only damage that band legacy. It might be the new Let There be Rock, Powerage or Back in Black, AC/DC and general rock fans will never accept Axl on it. Its a tough decision to Angus, specially now that he is alone.

I wouldnt do it under that brand even for all the money in the world.

Of course Angus should do it....

Guys, what's the worst thing that could happen??? 

Do you really think that something that Axl and Angus won't be succesfull??? I believe it would be great. 

Specially for us, GnR fans. We would listen to Axl sing RnR tunes like he's supposed to. And I believe he could give ACDC a magical touch. I hope it sees the light of day. I really do.

Of course that it wouldn't satisfy my GnR album hunger. That a hole different story. That's what I'm hoping for. But I would never desire that Axl didn't record with anyone else. In fact, I'd like him do a lot more on other bands material like he did with Seb. Bach, Steve Jones or Alice Cooper. I really like to see Axl with another singer, cause it reminds me how far away from any other singer he really is. He is just one of the best, if not the best. 

• GNFNR 1

Myles has just added dates into the end of May for his solo tour. Presumably, if SMKC is recording, then Myles is out.

Slash is working on something that he’s keeping under his hat. At this point it’s clearly GNR material.

• Like 2

Tbh I know it's stupid but I would be kinda angry at Axl if he did Axl/DC.

Ffs GNR is back and hasn't had that much attention from the public since the Illusions came out...for 15 years Axl pushed his own version of GNR that people were just not interested in and now he finally has that publicity and people are interested in GNR again and he'd rather do AC/DC? A band that has 1 original member left and he's just been involved with for 2 years, not over 30?

I could understand that he loved doing the tour, I guess it's really fun singing songs that you listened to while growing up. And that's okay. But GNR is his thing, that's his baby. And he shouldn't leave it just for pushing his own legacy. He should do GNR, or both. He should show the world that GNR is back and still kicking ass.

Why should the media be interested in GNR when even the own lead singer lost interest and would rather do something else?

I like AC/DC. I like their sound, it's just simple rock music and that's great.

But I love GNR. I love their sound and everything about them, even hated songs like Scraped or Riad.

I'd much rather have Axl sing on new 6 minute piano masterpieces than on 3 minute simple rock.

In the end it's his own decision and I'm certainly not the one to tell him what to do.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

why dont they can fortus and let angus play rythm? :shrugs: just a thought... i dont think anyone would be unhappy with that move... except fortus lol

Because like Slash, Angus is a lead player for a reason. They had 2 of the best rhythm players alongside them on their best stuff.

35 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

why dont they can fortus and let angus play rythm? :shrugs: just a thought... i dont think anyone would be unhappy with that move... except fortus lol

The AC/DC fans would be pissed.

Axl/DC seems to be what's next

Edited by Gackt

49 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Ffs GNR is back and hasn't had that much attention from the public since the Illusions came out...for 15 years Axl pushed his own version of GNR that people were just not interested in and now he finally has that publicity and people are interested in GNR again and he'd rather do AC/DC? A band that has 1 original member left and he's just been involved with for 2 years, not over 30?

I could understand that he loved doing the tour, I guess it's really fun singing songs that you listened to while growing up. And that's okay. But GNR is his thing, that's his baby. And he shouldn't leave it just for pushing his own legacy. He should do GNR, or both. He should show the world that GNR is back and still kicking ass.

Why should the media be interested in GNR when even the own lead singer lost interest and would rather do something else?

But I love GNR. I love their sound and everything about them, even hated songs like Scraped or Riad.

I'd much rather have Axl sing on new 6 minute piano masterpieces than on 3 minute simple rock.

In the end it's his own decision and I'm certainly not the one to tell him what to do.

Agreed every word you👏

50 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Hell yeah! If he just release new songs with AC/DC im done with this band. But, if the GNR releases a new album, with new songs, it would be awesome to get Axl on two different records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

The AC/DC fans would be pissed.

Axl/DC seems to be what's next

i dont think theyd be as pissed to see angus join gnr as they would be to see axl join acdc... i mean its kinda like how id prefer axl join acdc rather than continue on gnr without any other original members... but id take either over nothing at all

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

Come on, that's just silly. Angus is AC/DC and will do nothing but that.