Rumor of a new album???

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

This is more in line with where our feelings should be with gnr 

Why is that?  It's a different era and time period for the band. Back then, they were playing bowling alleys and a residency in Vegas. When that happens, your career is over. Now that Slash and Duff are back, they had a very successful tour and more is to come. The signs are there that there will be a new album with the NITL lineup. So  not sure why you and tbaugerud feel that way. 

12 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Why is that?  It's a different era and time period for the band. Back then, they were playing bowling alleys and a residency in Vegas. When that happens, your career is over. Now that Slash and Duff are back, they had a very successful tour and more is to come. The signs are there that there will be a new album with the NITL lineup. So  not sure why you and tbaugerud feel that way. 

Well you have to look at this from the perspective of the guy who has held up multiple releases. Maybe Axl hasn’t directly held anything up but he will look for a reason to not release something. 

But key is Axl doesn’t view this lineup as different than the bowling alley lineup, it’s all gnr for him. That’s why he showed Slash and Duff CD2 material...it’s an evolution of gnr not a new gnr. 

So really knowing Axl is in charge we can determine that he will always find a reason to not do something. 

- the label doesn’t want that album

- the label won’t let him do this artwork

- the fans turned on him

- it’s not finished 

- Slash wanted more money 

- wrong piano

- my head hurts 

you know it’s not that fans aren’t hopeful, it’s the fact that we’ve seen this play out over the last two decades and it feels like it was a fluke we got CD...Axl called it a miracle that it released. So knowing how this has gone in the past it is more probable than not that we don’t get a new album 

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Well you have to look at this from the perspective of the guy who has held up multiple releases. Maybe Axl hasn’t directly held anything up but he will look for a reason to not release something. 

But key is Axl doesn’t view this lineup as different than the bowling alley lineup, it’s all gnr for him. That’s why he showed Slash and Duff CD2 material...it’s an evolution of gnr not a new gnr. 

So really knowing Axl is in charge we can determine that he will always find a reason to not do something. 

- the label doesn’t want that album

- the label won’t let him do this artwork

- the fans turned on him

- it’s not finished 

- Slash wanted more money 

- wrong piano

- my head hurts 

you know it’s not that fans aren’t hopeful, it’s the fact that we’ve seen this play out over the last two decades and it feels like it was a fluke we got CD...Axl called it a miracle that it released. So knowing how this has gone in the past it is more probable than not that we don’t get a new album 

With two HUGE differences now than before: Slash and Duff.  Axl was carrying the load by himself. He now has Slash and Duff to help create songs, talk with the record company and press along with marketing a new album. That's the difference. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Draguns said:

With two HUGE differences now than before: Slash and Duff.  Axl was carrying the load by himself. He now has Slash and Duff to help create songs, talk with the record company and press along with marketing a new album. That's the difference. 

I sure hope so, it can’t get much worse in terms of productivity for a band in year 31. 

But yea no issue with your reasoning just history has been cruel to gnr fans 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

Exactamundo... I for one feel that us die-hard Guns fans fully deserve new music. We really do. I sincerely hope we get some 👍🏻😎:headbang:

1 hour ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

According to GNR’s official twitter,they only follow 41 accounts..and Rick Rubin happens to be one of em....🤔.I know it probably doesn’t mean anything.I just want the rumors to be true!

Well I think that’s new..I don’t know when they started to follow him but in late 2015 I checked they “follows” list and I don’t remember seeing his name..Anyway I do remember that I saw Ashba, Pitman and I think Tommy too over there..and now they no longer follow them..They starts to follow Fergie too. :shrugs:

1 hour ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

According to GNR’s official twitter,they only follow 41 accounts..and Rick Rubin happens to be one of em....🤔.I know it probably doesn’t mean anything.I just want the rumors to be true!

Looking at GN'Rs Twitter on Archive.org it shows that they followed 40 accounts in late October of last year, sadly the site crashes when I click to see who they follow but I'm willing to bet that the one new account that they've followed since then is Rick Rubin!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Looking at GN'Rs Twitter on Archive.org it shows that they followed 40 accounts in late October of last year, sadly the site crashes when I click to see who they follow but I'm willing to bet that the one new account that they've followed since then is Rick Rubin!

The plot thickens

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I didn´t know this archive.org thing...That´s cool!! :lol:  So it seems that in November 27th they still followed 40 accounts...and then until december 25th they jump to 41.

• Like 1

GnR fans have become those people that at any given time can prove, beyond the shadow of all doubt, that <insert whoever is president at that time>   is who Nostradamus predicted  as the antichrist.   We only see GnR in that rumor if we wanted it to be GnR really bad.

Edited by DeadSlash

3 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Not sure if it's already been posted in here or what, but Rick Rubin confirmed as working with Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and that other guitarist Billy's used over the years in the studio right now!

He works on multiple projects at once, usually.

Well, Angus didn't like working with Rubin so we know at the very least he wasn't recommended to Axl by the AC/DC camp. Apparently Rubin and Malcolm clashed big time and Rubin would make them do over 50 takes per song (on the Ballbreaker album) because he didn't like the sound of the snare drum. Guns can do better than him as a producer.

10 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Correct.

GNR please stay away from Rubin!

Rubin has some great stuff. Only really bad mixing was with the metallica lp death magnetic.

The albums with the chili peppers and johnny cash all sounded great.

17 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Well, Angus didn't like working with Rubin so we know at the very least he wasn't recommended to Axl by the AC/DC camp. Apparently Rubin and Malcolm clashed big time and Rubin would make them do over 50 takes per song (on the Ballbreaker album) because he didn't like the sound of the snare drum. Guns can do better than him as a producer.

Yeah and VR had a bad experience with him too so idk if the recommendation wouldve come from slash or duff either.

unless the creative differences between Rubin and VR had more to do with Scott or something? Either way, gnr are following him on Twitter now, so I guess the VR fallout wasn't that bad.