Rumor of a new album???

We have all seen that room before! That’s the rehearsal space they’ve used before tour legs and we’ve seen that brick wall in several photos over the past couple years. So clearly they are rehearsing. A little early to be rehearsing for shows in June, don’t you think?

I think maybe rehearsing new tunes before going into the studio... 

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

why does fortus' comment mean hes not involved? and why is his involvment even necessary for a new gnr album? hell id be happier than a pig in shit if he wasnt involved and izzy was back but i highly doubt that... if anything i think his comment further solidifies the fact that this is gnr related

why do i get the impression here that new gnr fans dont want this to be true? its like the pre reunion days all over again lol

I don't think it's the matter of new gnr fans not wanting it to be true. I think it's that the fans of this band have been disappointed so many times over so many years that their caution and fear of being dissapointed again have grown so big, they will keep on denying facts until they hold that record in their hands :lol: And it is sort of hard to blame them...

Seriously though - Slash is working on something, doesn't say what, he makes a photo shoot at GNR's rehearsal space, between the GNR cases, definitely not a place where he would record for a side project or photograph himself in relation to a side project. All his Gibson photoshoots so far were without any reference to Guns, so why would it change so suddeny while the band is on hiatus? Plus all the rumors and the talking. There's definitely something going on, at this point it is undeniabale to me, and all the attempts to find other rational explanations that are becoming increasingly irrational, just to avoid admitting it, are slowly becoming slightly funny...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 3

I can imagine things like these meegan pics are intentionally spread by management to start bulding some hype and then they drop the bomb. Just like the planted that question to the swedish tv reporter in the slash interview 

Edited by Carmenjello
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

We have all seen that room before! That’s the rehearsal space they’ve used before tour legs and we’ve seen that brick wall in several photos over the past couple years. So clearly they are rehearsing. A little early to be rehearsing for shows in June, don’t you think?

I think maybe rehearsing new tunes before going into the studio... 

Probably just making live era two haha 

Those photos and the video couldn't look less like a rehearsal/recording if they tried! 

I'm all for wishful thinking on this one- but we're in fantasy land here. There's no equipment, there are flight cases/guitars clearly laid out to be seen. Most telling of all - the guitar isn't plugged in, and there's clearly a man taking photos! 

This clearly isn't any sort of rehearsal or recording, in any way. 

Edited by allwaystired

43 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I keep going back to the fact that Slash talks a lot when he is doing something himself or with SMKC. Social media, radio, magazines, talk shows.

Silence = GNR

Thats exactly what I been saying which proves  this.  Slash talks a lot about all of his projects.  Now there is radio silence.  This equals GNR music coming before June.

• Like 2

I think theyre planning to record new stuff now before the Euro leg, but I don't think we will hear any of it until after NITL is over. I don't think they'll even put out a single before then. Just doesn't seem like Axl's style unless it was for another movie soundtrack or something. 

It seems like a Gibson promo. The reason why he didnt use the "GNR" brand at his equipment prior this is because he wasnt in GNR anymore lol

Silence really means nothing right now, even for SMKC, if he is under a gag order he cant talk, and I think he prefers it that way as everyone knows that no one would want to talk about SMKC anyways, all the questions'd be GNR.

As for why they're in this especific studio, it can be a lot of things: Gibson rented it cause it might be an easy location to Slash, that is in vaction, London is recording there. It can also be that Slash was there recording, who knows? But I doubt.

Someone pointed that there is no equipment in the room: This is a rehearsal room, if they're recording the equipment is probably in the recording room.

I honestly don't know if they could release an album before June.

What I find most likely is that they will premiere new songs during the tour and the album will be out before christmas or spring next year. But I am 100% sure in June we will get at least one new song and that they changed the setlist

I think it is possible to have an album released this year. If Axl really changed and is focused to do it, they could record it in 2/3 months assuming they already have the songs. That would be April/May and they could start playing the songs by June.

After the recordings in April/May:
1 Month for post-production
1 Month for mixing/mastering
1 Month for packing
Some weeks for shipping, assuming it will be a retail release.

We would have an album in October/November.

If I believe it will happen? No fuckin way.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

You guys are trying to tell me that Axl Rose, the man who spent 15 years on Chinese Democracy, has been working on an album that will be out in a 6 month timespan between tours?

Lets get back to reality guys...

I dont believe it either but things have been weird in the past two years. Axl isnt THAT Axl anymore, clock is ticking.

• Like 1

I’m nearly positive we’re not getting SMKC at least - Myles is clueless about it and Todd is so open with his fans that we’d have had three or four blogs by now if they were in the studio.

Somethings cooking with GNR (maybe been pushed to the frontburner if Angus isn’t ready to write/record Axl/DC following his recent bereavements). 

I think you could get Axl to knuckle down on a Guns record if he knew he had to get it done before working with Angus. I also think we’ll have (at least) a new song before Donnington.

Slash makes all the difference here: he’s a respected, professional musician who releases albums in a timely fashion.

New GNR 2018, it’s obvious at this point.

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No disrespect but it’s painfully obvious, assuming they are shooting some kind of video they’d want to have Slash sound like...Slash for the recording, whatever it may be.

Fortus doesn’t even really seem to be involved here.

Another one of the many false alarms for this band. Move on people there’s nothing to see here.

Get hyped man, and then  get disappointment. At least you will enjoy all trip and lols for believing on this motherfuckers again :P

4 hours ago, Asia said:

I don't think it's the matter of new gnr fans not wanting it to be true. I think it's that the fans of this band have been disappointed so many times over so many years that their caution and fear of being dissapointed again have grown so big, they will keep on denying facts until they hold that record in their hands :lol: And it is sort of hard to blame them...

Seriously though - Slash is working on something, doesn't say what, he makes a photo shoot at GNR's rehearsal space, between the GNR cases, definitely not a place where he would record for a side project or photograph himself in relation to a side project. All his Gibson photoshoots so far were without any reference to Guns, so why would it change so suddeny while the band is on hiatus? Plus all the rumors and the talking. There's definitely something going on, at this point it is undeniabale to me, and all the attempts to find other rational explanations that are becoming increasingly irrational, just to avoid admitting it, are slowly becoming slightly funny...

agree 100% however i do sense a slight undertone of nugnr fans not wanting it to happen, hoping the current lineup will disolve and that theyll gey buckethead back or maybe im just crazy lol 

also not to mention that if this thing does come to fruiton and the rumors are true well... it took axl 10 years to release his last album from the time the first recording sessions happened so theres that... which is why i hope the rumor of them handing over total control to the producer is true as well... depending on the producer and the bands willingness to cooperate we could have a new record in a matter of months

I'm choosing to remain optimistic about new music, Why? Slash and Duff. While I understand the doubts (better than many of you, I've been following this band since 95). But ever since Slash and Duff came back, things have been a lot different. It's just NOT the same band that took 15 years to make CD, or is Axl the same guy. The reunion and on time performances are clear indicators that he HAS changed. If I remember correctly, didn't the deaths of guys like David Bowie, Prince, Lemmy and others have a huge effect on him? Like I remember something about Axl realizing that he IS on the clock, that he needs to accomplish everything he wants to do. 

So bottom line, for ME anyways is I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. It just feels like a different era, a NEW time. Finally a time for Axl and Guns n Roses to do things right. This IS that time, and it feels like it IS happening.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

You guys are trying to tell me that Axl Rose, the man who spent 15 years on Chinese Democracy, has been working on an album that will be out in a 6 month timespan between tours?

Lets get back to reality guys...

last time axl recorded with slash and duff they got shit out quick though... how long did it take them to record and release that double album we (almost) all love so much?