Rumor of a new album???

2 minutes ago, Guitto said:

On Spotify(wich is, by far, the most popular streaming music service in the world):

2.685.037 Followers - https://open.spotify.com/artist/4Z8W4fKeB5YxbusRsdQVPb/about

5.124.596 Followers - https://open.spotify.com/artist/3qm84nBOXUEQ2vnTfUTTFC/about

:axl92:;)

A case of people actually buying the albums, it seems :lol: however the original argument still stands, musically Radiohead is currently more relevant than GNR

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Radiohead is bigger in Belgium too. And it's not even close. For example, there is a big radio station here that does a top 100 every year of 'timeless' songs. It's not pop songs, it's more rock/alternative orientated. Radiohead has 4 songs in there: Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Creep and Street Spirit. GNR has one, November Rain.  And that's in 2017, the year of the European reunion tour.

I'm far from a hater, as most on here know, and I don't often agree with Diesel, but it's a simple fact that Radiohead is bigger than GNR, at least in some parts of the world. It's no drama. Who cares? Some of you should get over it.

Dude, are you posting this much on the Radiohead message boards ?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

A case of people actually buying the albums, it seems :lol: however the original argument still stands, musically Radiohead is currently more relevant than GNR

5 hours ago, Guitto said:

Radiohead is much bigger than GNR worldwide.

You have to choose. Only one. :P

2 minutes ago, Dcrazed212 said:

Dude, are you posting this much on the Radiohead message boards ?

giphy.gif

Huh? Dude, why should I? I'm a GNR fan, no Radiohead fan. I didn't know that meant I wasn't allowed to say that Radiohead is bigger in some places than GNR. Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

About the GnR - Radiohead statistics:

It's simple. Radiohead are bigger in Europe, but South America (where I think GnR is far more popular) and North America have more population.

In Brazil and Argentina they(GNR) are true legends. They are largely popular here.

• Like 2

Rock is surviving on Classic Rock currently.  Sadly almost all the huge bands entering the Classic Rock age group have key members who have died.  There is Pearl Jam, Rage, PHCP, Oasis, ?, ?, surviving.  I cant think of too many huge bands that would draw audiences as legacy bands that havent lost their stars to drugs or suicide.  Its really sad.  Classic Rock seems to be heading into its final generation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

ok i guess... but thats what i would consider a one hit wonder... in their case 2 hits

They had a lot of hits in Europe... obviously Creep, Street Spirit, High And Dry, Fake Plastic Trees, and all the hits from OK Computer.

Besides, anyone who can't appreciate OK Computer deserves a punch in the face. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe it was a stipulation from the label. Isn't there a rumour that Interscope tried at one point to make Axl work with outside writers for CD?

If Axl/the GnR brand is still under contract with Interscope, maybe, even with Slash and Duff back, the label would want to put conditions in order to finance the album (although they have enough money now to finance it themselves). Not outside writers, but probably ceding control to a producer would be a stipulation from the label. But if there's a slight possibility for Axl (and Slash and Duff) to accept stipulations from a producer they like, I think there's no way that Axl would cave in to the label.

------------

I forgot about that rumour.  Thats true. GnR seems to be open to benefiting from outside collaborators, just not ones forced onto them and not ones who write independently.  Buddies like Arkeen, Lank, Caltia, Scaturro and Cadieux.  I dont know much abut those last two other then that they are kinda industry rank and file writers, but I think they were pals of Brain?

I agree that Axl would draw the line there.  I wonder, if it is the case that they dont have a label, that a top producer was even more inclined to lay out strict stipulations since there is no execs and A&R to do that work?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, they said the same thing back in 2001. It took another 7 years.

I suppose there is less baggage now. I'd imagine the label will be a lot more willing to negotiate with Axl/TB now that Duff and Slash are back in the fold and even more so with the amount of money they've grossed with the tour so far. I'm not holding my breath by any means, but I'm hopeful that something could be happening.

Ive said this continuously, when GNR gets serious about an album the rumors will get stronger. They are too big of a brand and they have way too many people involved in their projects to keep things hush. 

I predicted rumblings will begin around February if they want an album out in 2018. If we don’t hear a thing going into the summer festival tour then there is no album this year. 

• Like 1

I think if the release will be before the summertour we should count on somewhere in May, hear about it in March earliest? If not maybe they will tease us with a few new songs during the Europe tour, I hope to witness that! And we should count on an August release or something?

100 %.  Slash always is announcing his next projects that he is working on.  Thats his thing.

And now we KNOW he is working as he confirmed to Nikki Sixx.  And he isn't releasing details about it.  That's enough , along with the other 20 things that point to an album coming. 

It will be out before they embark on the next leg of the tour.  This tour is far from over.

I still think its a GNR Lies type release: 4 "new" tracks and 4 live from NITL.

2 CDII tracks with Slash and Duff (saving money in this no-sales landscape)

2 NITL lineup tracks (drawing from any of the sessions from the 90's and new jams, under the producers control)

4 Live tracks, maybe mostly covers? (appealing to the audiences of those artists, many of whom have passed recently.  Again saving money.  Also promoting a tour that likely wants to go on for years to come)

They call it GNR Truth.  MSL and GNR have public beef about this.  Lawsuits.  Mega hits.  It'll be Guns AF

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

I suppose there is less baggage now. I'd imagine the label will be a lot more willing to negotiate with Axl/TB now that Duff and Slash are back in the fold and even more so with the amount of money they've grossed with the tour so far. I'm not holding my breath by any means, but I'm hopeful that something could be happening.

I don't think that the label/TB/Slash/Duff were ever the problem. The label would take any album under the GnR name and Slash and Duff would happily record and release a new record. It's Axl and it always has been. If he wants to do it he will but history has shown that he'll do what he wants, when he wants and nothing anybody else says or does will make a blind bit of difference. Long story short, we'll see a new record if and when Axl wants to make one. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Great. Now, if the tinkerman gets his arse in gear we might have an album by 2025.

It would make sense for them to wrap up an album before hand, I think that is asking alot. I was leaning more towards a release next year. Slash is the type to sieze the moment so I think it could be this year but like I said earlier the bigger question is how the music will be released (on a label or not) and who is at the producers helm.