Rumor of a new album???

everyone - 

i started this thread. when i did so i knew the poster was referring to gnr. please for the love of god stop bickering over whether it's actually about gnr or another band and please stop bickering about listening stats and garbage info. 

this rumor IS about gnr. there are other rumors around LA that new music is coming. members of the band have even stated that it was in the works. 

what would be a good, and productive, use of our collective effort is looking and digging for any and all signs we can get that things really ARE in the works. 

the rumor IS about gnr....that does NOT mean the rumor is true....let's find out if it is. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

if i were gnr and going back to europe in june i would want one or two songs ready to play then

get everyone excited about the idea that new music is coming and on board for those two songs (or one)

then when they wrap that leg of the tour record the rest

album comes out next year

then the whole tour machine starts right back up again

that's what i think is most likely

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Also, isn't this website that started this rumor from LA? It looked that way to me, which is why I ABSOLUTELY believed they were talking about Guns. In LA especially, Guns are legends. They are without a doubt one of the bands that the people of LA hold in HIGH reguard. They might even be able to challenge The Doors as the greatest LA rock band ever. Honestly it's like Guns, the Doors, and Van Halen. Those are the kings of LA.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 2

This is the first time since the January - late March 2016 period where things genuinely are mysterious and interesting. I still think Slash is working on that SMKC recording, I don't think Todd would tell Mitch Lafon lies about that, Slashs "SMKC starting again 2018" tweet from a couple weeks ago, it just all points in that direction. That doesn't mean there's nothing going on GNR wise though, but I don't think we'll see any new material before this tour has finished from them, just wouldn't be smart. Surely they will atleast test the waters and see what they come up with

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This is the first time since the January - late March 2016 period where things genuinely are mysterious and interesting. I still think Slash is working on that SMKC recording, I don't think Todd would tell Mitch Lafon lies about that, Slashs "SMKC starting again 2018" tweet from a couple weeks ago, it just all points in that direction. That doesn't mean there's nothing going on GNR wise though, but I don't think we'll see any new material before this tour has finished from them, just wouldn't be smart. Surely they will atleast test the waters and see what they come up with

This is the most likely scenario here. 

I think the fact that Slash is being photographed in an otherwise empty studio, situated between two guitars, cases strategically demonstrating his bands and logos for the camera, tells you all you need to know: it is clearly a photoshoot for an advertisement - probably for a guitar orientated product. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Just heard they starting recording in Feb. True or bullshit who knows but that's what I have been told from a reliable sourse

Whether they do an album or an ep to test the waters between feb and june when the European dates start is enough time to record a few songs. I really cant see them doing the same 2016-2017 setlist for the European shows this year - a couple of new songs to add to the setlist would be achievable and keep things fresh for everyone. Im betting we will see them in Aus either late this year or jan-feb 2019 for sure.

• Like 2

With the EU Tour starting in June, I think it's impossible to see a new album.

Or maybe for 2 years now we were in "deep sleep", they had been working on this silently and we didn't see it coming.

Edited by nikosgnr

35 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Whether they do an album or an ep to test the waters between feb and june when the European dates start is enough time to record a few songs. I really cant see them doing the same 2016-2017 setlist for the European shows this year - a couple of new songs to add to the setlist would be achievable and keep things fresh for everyone. Im betting we will see them in Aus either late this year or jan-feb 2019 for sure.

New songs or they could add yet unheard CD songs like IRS or, god forbid, UYI songs like Bad Obsession, or an acoustic set like in 93. Those are enough things they could do instead of playing the same old setlist. It really would be too bad if we get the same old.