Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

6 hours ago, Ant said:

I think the You Got No Right solo is criminally underrated. The build up... so good!

Do newer fans know about ...

'Cause that is also killer... so emotive. Similar to the Battleground tempo but I think far superior.

IMO, this is possibly Slash's greatest solo that he has ever recorded. Definitely Top 5 for me.  Live solos are a different category....

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you are seeing Slash you're seeing a legendary guitarist somewhere near the height of his abilities (case in point, ''Anastasia'') performing a healthy dose of the new material which you may/may not have bought, in a smaller venue. It is as it should be.  

I love how Slash has continued to improve as a guitarist and songwriter.

• Like 1

With Brent playing  some keys , I hope its a blues jam with the band , Slash and the Conspitators kill it on tour , SLASH please play some  more WAH -WAH- on some solos , I think Slash playing his WAH WAH pedal is the meanest tone in rock , JIMI and SLASH really make the  WAH WAH scream to perfection 

7 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

With Brent playing  some keys , I hope its a blues jam with the band , Slash and the Conspitators kill it on tour , SLASH please play some  more WAH -WAH- on some solos , I think Slash playing his WAH WAH pedal is the meanest tone in rock , JIMI and SLASH really make the  WAH WAH scream to perfection 

His one lone wah solo on the WOF album was one of my favourites on the album. Should've done more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.3.2018 at 4:08 PM, LovelessNL said:

Fuck me, I do like SMKC to some extent, and everybody saw the AXL/DC thing coming from miles out, but its kinda disappointing when we actually reach the point where its more or less confirmed that GNR will go on hiatus after this tour and members start doing their own projects. Takes us back to 1993, and we all know how that ended.

Except I think this time everything's different. Back in the day it felt like Axl was a little bitter about Slash's solo projects. It's like there was some kind of nasty competition between Axl and Slash and they didn't have enough respect towards each other. When Slash played new songs to Axl and Axl felt that those songs needed some more work, Slash disagreed and decided to use them in his solo project instead.

Slash probably felt like Axl didn't respect his songwriting skills and Axl probably felt that Slash wasn't really committed to GNR and wasn't willing to work hard enough to take the songs to a next level.

This time everything seems different in my opinion. It's probably healthy that Axl has a "solo project" of his own now with AC/DC. It seems like they all respect each others solo projects now and there's no unhealthy competition between them. They are all free to do their own things, but when it's time to work on GNR, they will probably all be very motivated to create something great again. Axl and Slash know that they can create great music on their own, but at the same time they probably know that they are much stronger together. So yeah, that's how I see this current situation.

I might be wrong, but at the moment I'm not concerned about the future of GNR. It feels like Axl and Slash are both satisfied with the current situation.

33 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

With '93 voice yes, todays voice NO!!

Axl's voice is exactly why I'm not that excited about a new album with Axl, Slash and Duff, plus the fact that Axl could drag out the writing/recording process for who knows how long. As a Slash fan I'm more than happy listening to the old GNR albums, and Slash has a great thing going now with SMKC.  I'm looking forward to an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals (I think that's a better fit for him now) and the new SMKC album/tour.

Edited by BadRain
to add something
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, BadRain said:

Axl's voice is exactly why I'm not that excited about a new album with Axl, Slash and Duff, plus the fact that Axl could drag out the writing/recording process for who knows how long. As a Slash fan I'm more than happy listening to the old GNR albums, and Slash has a great thing going now with SMKC.  I'm looking forward to an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals (I think that's a better fit for him now) and the new SMKC album/tour.

My thoughts exactly:slash:

• Like 1