Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I totally agree with this. A new album with Duff and Slash, hell, even with Izzy on board, will never live up to the past... the expectations are way too high, no one can live up to that. But does Axl care? Maybe he does, but he always came off like someone who really doesn't care what others think.

A person's expectations are that person's problem. I don't need another AFD or UYI. I'm quite sure I'd enjoy what they can do together, after all I love some of CD and I love some of Slash's post GNR work. Does anyone really expect them to come up with a record that could rival AFD?

The same goes for any other musician after delivering a masterpiece. They can still come up with stuff that their fans enjoy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

A person's expectations are that person's problem. I don't need another AFD or UYI. I'm quite sure I'd enjoy what they can do together, after all I love some of CD and I love some of Slash's post GNR work. Does anyone really expect them to come up with a record that could rival AFD?

The same goes for any other musician after delivering a masterpiece. They can still come up with stuff that their fans enjoy.

I sure think the majority of the casual fans out there (lets face it, 'we' (as in; the hardcore fans posting about this band on fora and such) are the minority) are expecting at least something along the lines of UYI, and maybe another AFD, especially if it would have been a full blown reunion with Steven and Izzy onboard.

There are heaps of people out there who don't even know CD, or SMKC, let alone Walking Papers or Loaded. They don't know (or pretend to know ;) ) the inner workings of this band and its entourage like we do. They just went to a show to hear the hits and because it was suddenly 'hip'. And if there's new music they probably just expect it to be along the lines of those hits; SCOM, WTTJ, NR, KOHD, PC and maybe tracks like MM, ISE, or LALD. Don't think these people (who again, are probably two thirds of ticketbuyers) know Coma, The Garden, Don't Damn me or DTJ... Let alone whole CD. 

Edited by LovelessNL
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

I agree, but because it's been so long without music, I think a lot of people will only be more disappointed if it's not 'as good' as anything from the classic era.

I like half of CD too and I take it for what it is, but I think a lot of people don't look at it that way.

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Just what i think will happen

They were never going to finish a near 2 year tour and then release a album and do it all over again just like that. The casual fans need a bit of a break and so does the band. Slash is releasing his album in Sept and Axl will probably release one with Axldc soon after and tour that until the end of 2019 then we will get a gnr album at the end of 2020 and tour and then Axl will call it a day and probably release his left over CD songs.

I agree gibbo. The next GNR album will be the last....and retire the GNR name. But i cant help but think they may do a AFD5 for the money and that would be the final GNR show and perform maybe certain theatres in the US and call it a day.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree gibbo. The next GNR album will be the last....and retire the GNR name. But i cant help but think they may do a AFD5 for the money and that would be the final GNR show and perform maybe certain theatres in the US and call it a day.

That would probably be the only way to end this in a legendary way. But NITL has done a lot for both Axl's and GNR's reputation, they are no longer a joke amongst their peers and are a stadium-sized rock band again. Also one that actually starts on time and puts on a 3hr+ show.

5 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

That would probably be the only way to end this in a legendary way. But NITL has done a lot for both Axl's and GNR's reputation, they are no longer a joke amongst their peers and are a stadium-sized rock band again. Also one that actually starts on time and puts on a 3hr+ show.

They should bookend it it with a mean in your face hard rock album in the vein of Appetite. Maybe one ballad.. That is what the majority people will be expecting and hoping for.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 27/03/2018 at 9:43 AM, alfierose said:

I'm not sure being a perfectionist = perfect.

I think it involves a big degree of self sabotage so I do think it's possible to be a perfectionist and also fuck up a lot.

Precisely.

On 26/03/2018 at 2:45 PM, action said:

so much this.

not even a bloody appetite remix / remaster.  It could be a lot clearer without losing the harmonics. for crying out loud, this was mastered in 1987. Make Slash's les paul shine, dammit. Izzy's rhytms should be crushing, Steven's drums should be thundering. brilliant album, soundtrack of my life yadda yadda. but frankly, to these ears it sounds like it was recorded with a potato.

No remastering needed for Appetite. Keep your dynamic compression off Barry Diament's perfect mastering.

A remix might be interesting.

• Like 1

ILLUSIONS 1 and 2 need to be remixed and remastered , the demos floating on the internet sound 10 times better than some of the songs on the album- and something that would make most every gnr fan fan -remove the piano on breakdown, civil war, the effects on garden of eden , Coma , etc

A little tidbit I think most fans are thinking , Did AXL listen to the RIFFS and solos that Slash has made for SMKC and say hey can we use that in GNR , did Slash come up with some different Riffs after that for SMKC and save a few AXL liked or all of them , I have always  said due to the schedule that  GNR  new record be would 2019 , Ill believe the ACDC thing when I hear it !! you know that AXL probably asked SLASH  what have u been working on ? there was a rumor floating he was in SLASH'S studio during some of the recording -pre production for SMKC  , ----SMKC havent made it to ORLANDO to finish up at ELVIS'S studio yet 

33 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Unpopular opinion- I like Myles' voice with Slash's guitar and am excited for SMKCIII

I’ve always liked Myles voice, I just don’t like it on GNR songs.

I am excited for any solo album Axl, Slash, Duff, or anyone want to make because we sure as hell aren’t going to be hearing Guns music anytime soon so I’d rather solo albums then complete radio silence for 15 years.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Unpopular opinion- I like Myles' voice with Slash's guitar and am excited for SMKCIII

Same. Guess it's finally time to post this again, the uploader, who was the guy filming this soundcheck, confirmed this was a completely new song at the time (the first 20 seconds) - first taste of SMKC III. Hopefully it made it on the new album, great riff. Is it you @Ralphelmo? Just reminds me of how ridiculously long this album has been in the works

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

On 3/22/2018 at 9:09 PM, tberrie007 said:

axls vox for all of chinese was done 7 or 8 years prior.  how did you find them in 2008 when you listened? did you like them?

Did I like Chinese Democracy? Yeah, it was a great record in my opinion. But I never considered it Guns N Roses. It was Axl's solo band, like Ozzy etc. 

Edited by Nintari
  • Haha 1