Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

I don't really understand the logic of people's ideas that GNR might release a single to tired us over till they release an album? 

Here's the deal. 

This line up just made half a billion bucks across the planet playing stuff from 30 years ago, they did it blind folded. It was pretty much a business decision. It had nothing to do with music. Fair play to them. I would have too. 

It's OBVIOUSLY not THE priority for the band. If reuniting Axl & Slash on the same stage after 25 years doesn't make a new GNR album a priority over anything else (and it seems it hasn't) then nothing will. 

In the famous words of Axl, " if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, cause I hear the payoff may be that far greater"! 

Edited by Tadsy

18 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I don't really understand the logic of people's ideas that GNR might release a single to tired us over till they release an album? 

Here's the deal. 

This line up just made half a billion bucks across the planet playing stuff from 30 years ago, they did it blind folded. It was pretty much a business decision. It had nothing to do with music. Fair play to them. I would have too. 

It's OBVIOUSLY not THE priority for the band. If reuniting Axl & Slash on the same stage after 25 years doesn't make a new GNR album a priority over anything else (and it seems it hasn't) then nothing will. 

In the famous words of Axl, " if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, cause I hear the payoff may be that far greater"! 

As much as I love Slash. I’ve bought all his cds. His post GNR wouldn’t reassure me about new GNR material. I’d prefer if he bolsters Axl’s unreleased material. IMO!

Nothing is ever set in stone in the GNR world. You can only be sure of something when you're witnessing it actually happening or if you can get it in your hands.

Apparently, for some reason, and contrary to 99% of musicians in the world, releasing something, anything, is a nigh impossible task for GNR.

That's why it still baffles me that somehow a successful semi-reunion world tour was organized and executed, with an extra European leg about to take place in a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

For crying out loud, how difficult is it for them to give one freaking interview to let the fans know if they can expect a GnR record any time soon or not.

Worst band ever.

The lack of communication is because there is nothing to communicate. They've recorded jack shit, which of course, they would never publicly admit to, hence the complete silence.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lio said:

Nothing is ever set in stone in the GNR world. You can only be sure of something when you're witnessing it actually happening or if you can get it in your hands.

Apparently, for some reason, and contrary to 99% of musicians in the world, releasing something, anything, is a nigh impossible task for GNR.

That's why it still baffles me that somehow a successful semi-reunion world tour was organized and executed, with an extra European leg about to take place in a few months.

Well apparently the whole tour was kinda a spur of the moment thing. It was just Coachella at first, then Vegas, then South-America and everything was just added here and there at that point, according to some insiders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

so much this.

not even a bloody appetite remix / remaster.  It could be a lot clearer without losing the harmonics. for crying out loud, this was mastered in 1987. Make Slash's les paul shine, dammit. Izzy's rhytms should be crushing, Steven's drums should be thundering. brilliant album, soundtrack of my life yadda yadda. but frankly, to these ears it sounds like it was recorded with a potato.

15 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Well apparently the whole tour was kinda a spur of the moment thing. It was just Coachella at first, then Vegas, then South-America and everything was just added here and there at that point, according to some insiders.

Which sounds like there is no "plan". Maybe its slash does an album axl does acdc and in 18months axl and slash sit down and say now what?.

27 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The lack of communication is because there is nothing to communicate. They've recorded jack shit, which of course, they would never publicly admit to, hence the complete silence.

They must know that a large part of their fanbase is wondering if there is new music coming any time soon... right? So how hard is it to let them know that it's not the case... it would take five seconds to say ''nah, we don't have any plans for new music in the foreseeable future'', and the fans can move on from this anticipation. It's not rocket science.

On 25/03/2018 at 4:20 AM, baje said:

I think a new GNR album has to be a compromise between both methods. Slash really wanted back in the band so why wouldn't he be willing to work with Axl. In my opinion new music rests mostly on Axl's shoulders and if he's willing to change after all these years. 

Slash has always publically said if he wanted too get back to guns it would be touring.  Recording is another kettle of fish because im sure both axl and slash care about the gnr body of work. Both of them have publically stated that they do not have fond memories of doing the illusion records. Although slash has said he did like recording with the band minus axl. Im wondering if they are afraid of getting into possible power plays that both of them would have been guilty of during the illusion recordings in other words they dont want past behaviours  to resurface.

Edited by Sydney Fan

21 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Which sounds like there is no "plan". Maybe its slash does an album axl does acdc and in 18months axl and slash sit down and say now what?.

Yep, thinking that will happen. And at that point they have two options; do another nostalagia tour (Asia again, another run of festivals here and there, Arena dates in Europe and US / SA). Probably wont sell as good as this one, but will still earn them some decent cash. Or they could start thinking about an album. And then we'll learn if the old tensions are really gone, or if everything will blow up again.

"Soon is the word" 

Perhaps they just dont wanna say anything. Because after they give a little hint of a new music there will be even more speculation and people start to wait..easier to work in silence. But yeah, they cant tour much longer with these old songs. Even CD is so old..

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

They must know that a large part of their fanbase is wondering if there is new music coming any time soon... right? So how hard is it to let them know that it's not the case... it would take five seconds to say ''nah, we don't have any plans for new music in the foreseeable future'', and the fans can move on from this anticipation. It's not rocket science.

If they came out and say this it would potentially hurt ticket sales.

There's your reason.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

38 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Indeed, why would they go out of their way to make an announcement to announce what they're NOT doing? Does that seem like a smart move? Lol

It's music for pete's sake, it shouldn't be about money and business... it should be quite easy letting their FANS know whether they can expect new music soon or not.

52 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If they came out and say this it would potentially hurt ticket sales.

There's your reason.

I'm not expecting new music yet I'm going to see them this summer, and I don't think I'm alone.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, action said:

so much this.

not even a bloody appetite remix / remaster.  It could be a lot clearer without losing the harmonics. for crying out loud, this was mastered in 1987. Make Slash's les paul shine, dammit. Izzy's rhytms should be crushing, Steven's drums should be thundering. brilliant album, soundtrack of my life yadda yadda. but frankly, to these ears it sounds like it was recorded with a potato.

Really?  Not that I would turn down a remix, however Appetite I always thought was an audiophile quality CD, well mastered and the mix is amazing.  Even the original CD mastered by Barry Diament is better than the job Mobile Fidelity did on the mastering.  

A remix would be fun to hear though, as well as a tastefully done remaster/Hi-rez release

Edited by WhazUp