Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Since when did SMKC tour for 3 years?

They won't and that's not even a possibility because of Myles' and Alter Bridge's plans. If at all they could tour for selected months over this time period with enough time inbetween for Slash to concentrate on Guns if they have any plans.

Slash usually did around 150 shows per tour. If those shows are a little more spread out, meaning a day of rest between shows, longer breaks between legs, some AB gigs in those breaks, it easily could bleed into 2020.

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'm another GNR fan that just doesn't like AC/DC. Axl deciding to front another, long-established band doesn't automatically make me a fan of said band. I've heard Back In Black from beginning to end. I know most of the big AC/DC hits. They do nothing for me. Forget Dad Rock, AC/DC are Grandad Rock. I find their whole shtick a bit embarrassing, with Angus dressed up as a creepy schoolboy and the lame ass moves he busts while playing his guitar. Their lyrics and music are dull and I think it's a travesty that Axl is continuing to waste even more of the precious time he has left on this mortal coil on singing cover versions for another band, instead of creating new music for his own. And I think deep down, most GNR fans agree with this, only some are so desperate for as much as a fart in a can from Axl, that they'll accept whatever it is he gives them.

Other than me preferring for Axl to invest his time in his band rather than AC/DC, I really agree with nothing you said.

I’m excited about Axl/DC cause I belive Axl can give Angus what ACDC lacks, and will make sure Axl sounds like he is supposed to. VINTAGE AXL I’ll take that in any form

on the other hand, I like SMKC albums but as an average bamd with a superb guitar player hahahaah

still hope for some new GnR.

What about the Apettite reissue that the guy from the last postcad mentioned??? He said, you guys know what Universal is about to release...

I hope that’s something cool at least

1 hour ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

If we can't have a new GNR record the second best thing must be an Axl/DC record. The news about another Slash album. Well....... 

If Slash had a different singer I'd be more interested in hearing a new album by him but while his guitar is fighting against that tortuous wail, it's a no from me.

• GNFNR 1

What if GNR (Axl, specifically) want to put an album out, but are having legal/record company issues? I know people will think 'the record company would capitalize on a Guns record in a heartbeat!', and that's probably true, but Axl now has leverage... would it surprise anyone if he's trying to get CD II released at the same time, or before a NITL album? Or at least have a significant portion of the next album be Finck/Bucket/Brain songs, without Slash and Duff, and is arguing with the record co about it?

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What if GNR (Axl, specifically) want to put an album out, but are having legal/record company issues? I know people will think 'the record company would capitalize on a Guns record in a heartbeat!', and that's probably true, but Axl now has leverage... would it surprise anyone if he's trying to get CD II released at the same time, or before a NITL album? Or at least have a significant portion of the next album be Finck/Bucket/Brain songs, without Slash and Duff, and is arguing with the record co about it?

Then he's a fucking idiot. No one wants to hear old shit by people who never were GNR in the first place and are out of fake GNR since over a decade. He had plenty of years to get that shit released when Slash and Duff returning, was nothing more than a pipe dream. The small window where it would make minimal sense to have that crap released has long closed.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No one wants to hear old shit by people who never were GNR in the first place and are out of fake GNR since over a decade. 

I do. I know a lot of people on this forum who would want to hear CD II as well

• GNFNR 4

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Then he's a fucking idiot. No one wants to hear old shit by people who never were GNR in the first place and are out of fake GNR since over a decade. He had plenty of years to get that shit released when Slash and Duff returning, was nothing more than a pipe dream. The small window where it would make minimal sense to have that crap released has long closed.

I didn't say it'd make sense (unless it's released as a box set and marketed as something other than a current GNR release). But almost nothing around this band makes sense. And I'm one of the people who actually want to hear those songs. The point was, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Axl was negotiating a record with Slash in exchange for releasing for CD-era songs.

8 hours ago, Padme said:

Although I agree that U2 albums in recent times are far from being amazing. The one album Axl made was also far from being great. And it didn't made any impact. NuGN'R was about festivals and Vegas residency. That wasn't the case with U2. Last year it was Joshua Tree anniversary. U2 tour was a celebration of that iconic album. It was also AFD anniversary. What did GN'R do? One special show for radio susbcribers. And they played the same set list like it was just another show. No, GN'R didn't blow U2 away by any means

My point is that a band like GN'R/Axl comes along probably once a generation if we're lucky and it's as much about what goes on around them as the music itself that keeps us so engrossed, it's like a soap opera. U2, yeah they've had a few decent songs/albums but overall are just pretty dull. GN'R have an excitement and intrigue that the likes of U2 will never have.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

My point is that a band like GN'R/Axl comes along probably once a generation if we're lucky and it's as much about what goes on around them as the music itself that keeps us so engrossed, it's like a soap opera. U2, yeah they've had a few decent songs/albums but overall are just pretty dull. GN'R have an excitement and intrigue that the likes of U2 will never have.

But U2 fans will call them a band that comes along once a generation, and that goes for every other band that one calls a favourite band. You're just unlucky that your favourite band happens to be one that has released so little music.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Someone's angry today :lol:

Nah. Just pointing out the obvious.

16 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Don't agree with that at all. Several ground breaking tours in the past 25 years is way more exciting than what GNR did.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

But U2 fans will call them a band that comes along once a generation, and that goes for every other band that one calls a favourite band. You're just unlucky that your favourite band happens to be one that has released so little music.

Agree with that. Seriously, this 10 likes limit is so annoying.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's up to both of them, I think, because they both would have to change the way they have worked on their own for years. Slash is now used to being the one who writes all the music and then gives it to the singer for lyrics and vocals ; also the one calling the shots on everything (direction, production, timeline of recording). Maybe he would be on board for a GnR album if Axl was willing to work like that. But Axl wouldn't do that with GnR, he never had even before the break up (AC/DC is another story, because it's not his band). I'm not sure that Slash would be eager to put himself in the process of working with Axl.

I think a new GNR album has to be a compromise between both methods. Slash really wanted back in the band so why wouldn't he be willing to work with Axl. In my opinion new music rests mostly on Axl's shoulders and if he's willing to change after all these years. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, GN'R aren't my favourite band, that's The Stones, but I get your point. I wish I had more GN'R music or Axl solo albums, all of the quality of AFD etc. but it is what it is.

15 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Everyone of their riffs is like a 14 year old at guitar lessons, slowly trying to construct a song, and singing about "rocking". Not exactly anything too profound or memorable. Axl and co have written much better songs.

Actually this is what makes AC/DC such a great band. They dont need to be one of those extremely boring prog bands, yet they have a memorable career full of hits and the most selling rock album of all time. 
Music dont really need to be complex to be good, a nice exemple? Appetite For Destruction, Lies and 1/3 of the Illusions.

Guns N' Roses is in this extremelly shit situation because Axl tought he was something he wasnt. He tought he was above the others, above AC/DCs "cock rock", above the Stones simplistic approach, above Izzy and above Slash. 
In the end his so intelectual vision was a total flop and now he fronts AC/DC and needed Slash to be back on the radar. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I can only speak for myself. I'm not a fan because I like the drama/soap opera, far from it. I don't find the soap opera exciting, by no means! I love their music and their shows. I'm here to be around other GN'R fans and discuss GN'R. I wish many things were very different. I wish Adler and Izzy would've never left. I wish the 90s break up and NuGN'R would've never happened. But those issues are beyond my control. And here we are discussing Conspirators again because Slash decided to make an album and tour with them. I can't discuss a new GN'R album because there is no such a thing.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I can only speak for myself. I'm not a fan because I like the drama/soap opera, far from it. I don't find the soap opera exciting, by no means! I love their music and their shows. I'm here to be around other GN'R fans and discuss GN'R. I wish many things were very different. I wish Adler and Izzy would've never left. I wish the 90s break up and NuGN'R would've never happened. But those issues are beyond my control. And here we are discussing Conspirators again because Slash decided to make an album and tour with them. I can't discuss a new GN'R album because there is no such a thing.

Yeah, obviously the music is incredible, some of the best stuff you'll ever hear and, for me anyway, that coupled with everything else is what makes them so unique and special. Not many bands have ever burst on the scene like GN'R and did what they did in such a short space of time.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Did you seriously just suggest they mud wrestle?

Bit weird. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe it's better this way, in the end, since GnR is an "unusual" band on many levels. The fans are bummed because of the lack of new music, but, at the same time, the fanbase is divided about what it wants and everybody has a different thing in mind when expressing their desire for new music. 

- A group of fans has been vocal about not being interested in an album with CD leftovers or something leaning towards that direction, but they would be happy if the new GnR album was no different than a SMKC one except with Axl instead of Myles.

- Another group has declared the opposite: they wouldn't be interested in a "cock rock" album; they want something more challenging artistically, being either close to CD with Slash's input or at least a step forward for GnR in relation to the 80s/90s.

- Another group would take new music only if Izzy and Steven/Matt are involved; they say they don't want to hear anything from the current lineup.

- Another (smaller but existing) group doesn't care for new music by the current lineup and they would rather get CD2 and CD3 featuring Buckethead and or Finck or Bumblefoot.

- There are even some who don't want new music at all because they are afraid that it will be subpar in comparison to the classic albums and will ruin the legacy.

- Finally, there are the people who say that they are so hungy for something new that they would take anything at this point.

So, whatever GnR came up with would leave a portion of fans unhappy and bitching. Even the people in the latter group have their preferences and, after the early excitement wore out, some of them would complain eventually.

Pretty much sums it up. :lol:

• Like 1