Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

"By the time we're off the road it'll be almost a decade." So they're going to tour for a year at least before any GnR stuff happens again.

I'm personally really excited for the new album and tour.

Things can be interspersed.  SFMKC won't necessarily be on a continuous tour for a year or more.  They could possibly go out on the road for a few months, then take a few months off and continue the tour again with it being a year or more from the first show to the last.  Theoretically, Slash could do some GNR shows as well.  There is quite the break in NITL from the final shows of last year until the summer shows this year.

Even under that type of scenario, there will not be a GNR album released during that time period for sure.  IF GNR ever releases another album, I'm sure they will do a continuous NITL style (as far as schedule) tour after the release.  Slash could write/record for GNR in between SFMKC tour legs but any album won't be released until he can dedicate his life to a tour for at least a year straight.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:01 AM, TMAC20 said:

ILLUSIONS 1 and 2 need to be remixed and remastered , the demos floating on the internet sound 10 times better than some of the songs on the album- and something that would make most every gnr fan fan -remove the piano on breakdown, civil war, the effects on garden of eden , Coma , etc

Yeah, let's completely change all of the songs. Get rid of the piano on November Rain while you're at, or do you like that part? Total nonsense.

• Like 3

I wonder if we will get to  see reel 2 reel part 2 -During World on Fire album cameras were rolling , I hope it is the same way this time , Love to hear some new riffs and interviews with the band and interview Frank and see what he says about being the rythmn player on this record , I think its gonna be a epic album from what i have read -10 epic straight up rock anthems 

• Like 2

On 28.03.2018 at 5:17 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Same. Guess it's finally time to post this again, the uploader, who was the guy filming this soundcheck, confirmed this was a completely new song at the time (the first 20 seconds) - first taste of SMKC III. Hopefully it made it on the new album, great riff. Is it you @Ralphelmo? Just reminds me of how ridiculously long this album has been in the works

Yeah, I recorded it.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EricA said:

Yesterday whole band in the studio...God how i wish it would be Slash's other band:rolleyes:

I would agree completely if we were still living in 1987, but since we're not, and Axl is what he is now, I'm glad for the new SMKC album, but I'm really a Slash fan first.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EricA said:

Me too, and of course i'm also happy to get a new SMKC one, ...But there's this little inner voice screaming.... i want, i want, i want a new GnR also:lol:

I'm still so glad I saw them in 1991 when they still in their prime.  I saw them on the first night of would be the Use Your Illusions tour, but before the albums were released. This was before they added the horn section and the backup singers.  Even Izzy was there!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

SLASH and MYLES are rocks top duo and it isnt even close in today's world of rock

Slash and Axl >>>>>>> Slash and Myles. I agree with everything else, but I've seen Slash with Axl and with Myles. He's way better with Axl

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

26 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I really don't get the hate for Myles' voice, I think it suits the songs he sings and songs that he can't sing so well he has Todd, and Todd is an awesome singer.

I completely agree with you, I hope we hear Todd take lead vocals on a song or two on the album.

• Like 1

Just seeing Brent there warms my heart. Such a wonderful guy and brilliant drummer! Can't wait to see Slash playing with him, Todd and (the good) Frank again!

And I love Myles! Can't believe he's giving me TWO albums this year.

So looking forward to hearing the new stuff and seeing these guys live again. This just feels so "right" to me, I'm over excited!

• GNFNR 1