Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

15 minutes ago, BadRain said:

I think I'm coming at this discussion from a different vantage point since I'm really a Slash fan first.  Of course I love and always will love "Appetite" and most of songs from the "Illusions" albums.  I got to see them in their prime (even Izzy was still there), and I will always be happy with that memory.  I'll never forget the summer of '88 when "Appetite" was just exploding in popularity, cruising on hot summer nights listening to those extremely badass songs! 

I always enjoy his albums also. I hope he plays live up here again as I missed it last time. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I always enjoy his albums also. I hope he plays live up here again as I missed it last time. 

I've never seen Slash with his own band live before, so I will definitely try not to miss it if he plays around here next time.  I like the idea of seeing him (or anyone) in a smaller venue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Slash does what he ever did. The music he has written for Coma, Locomotive or Civil War. If he gave that same music to Myles and the Conspirators we wouldn't have those songs. We would have another or The Unholy, Anastasia and something like By The Sword.

Slash is still the same, but as long as Axl and Izzy are not involved, his songs won't reach the proper GNR level.

That said, it's not something that's up to Slash or up to us. You can't say Slash's solo album prevents us from getting new GNR music. We are getting a new Slash record because there is no new GNR music.

So yeah! At least Slash keeps releasing music. It might have not the class GNR had but it's still good enough.

Enough time past since the last record!

Yeap, this exactly. 
Thats what I was saying when I said at least a member is missing. Slash needs at least Axl's complexity and drama to achieve things on that level again (Coma, Civil War and Locomotive). I strongely believe songs like Anastasia or Serial Killer could be extreme classics if they had Axl's hands and thats why I believe a reunion album, even with just Axl and Slash, could be killer. 

At first I was bummed out about this news. Like a lot of people here, I was hoping for new Guns material with Slash and Duff. 

Anyways, I’m looking at it, that this is the Conspirators 3rd album as a band, and no doubt they’ve grown and developed in the time of all the touring, so much so that Slash is including Frank as rhythm player on this one.

Which also tells me it’s even more of a collaborative band effort, and that is a pretty cool thing. Plus, it’s a new album of Slash riffing and soloing. And in the absence of new Guns music, that’s always welcome. 

I just have to add, that someone mentioned earlier that Battleground was Slash’s best solo since November Rain?

Sorry, but I don’t hear that at all. Not even close. It’s pretty average at best, and I don’t mind the song. 

But best since NR? I don’t think so...

51 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I just have to add, that someone mentioned earlier that Battleground was Slash’s best solo since November Rain?

Sorry, but I don’t hear that at all. Not even close. It’s pretty average at best, and I don’t mind the song. 

But best since NR? I don’t think so...

Slash wrote some great solos in Snakepit (Back and Forth Again, I Hate Everybody But You, Serial Killer, Back To The Moment), VR (Fall to Pieces, The Last Fight) and his Solo stuff (Mother Maria, I Hold On, Nothing to Say, Starlight, Far and Away, No More Heroes, Bent To Fly, Battleground - both solos) not to mention all straight rock/bluesy solos he did in faster songs. I wouldn't match them with GNR era solos, because caliber of those songs is massively smaller, but I'm sure some of them if released as GNR would've become classics. 

Bolded ones I would rank as Slash's peak, seriously, those solos are so unlike to his style and yet so thought-out and perfectly phrased that I admire him even more and I know what he's capable of. It drives me because I know that he may write a solo that will flip the world again :)

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BadRain said:

I've never seen Slash with his own band live before, so I will definitely try not to miss it if he plays around here next time.  I like the idea of seeing him (or anyone) in a smaller venue.

I've seen them several times..

nothing special  compared to a gnr show..

• Like 1

And his gigs are loud!

Of course there's a difference if there's Myles K. or Axl Rose in front of you but the music is being played extremely well and the setlist is great as well with a tight finish. 

Anastasia, SCOM, Slither, PC

if I'm remember correctly 

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

And his gigs are loud!

Of course there's a difference if there's Myles K. or Axl Rose in front of you but the music is being played extremely well and the setlist is great as well with a tight finish. 

Anastasia, SCOM, Slither, PC

if I'm remember correctly 

I always forget about the chance to hear VR material live again when going to a Slash show. Assuming he's doing at least a couple of their tunes on the next tour, I'll probably check out a show. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Very tired argument and for this tour not true.

I wish Slash the best and I really hope that after that gig he and Axl can sit and do new music for GNR.

Obviously you think I'm talking about them starting shows late. Sorry dear, I wasn't talking about that.

Edited by Ralphelmo

It is cool how that SMKC are gonna kicking ass again , Cant wait to hear the stuff -SLASH and the conspirators had  a albums worth of material written 3 years ago - be interesting to hear how they changed and if some ideas were put into , which probably were , SLASH AND MYLES usually discuss all the songs along with TODD "DAMMIT" KERNS interviews , so we will get to know in the fall , I am  anxious to hear songs titles , is there gonna be just a band JAM -I hope so - Interesting that ELVIS and Jeff are  producing the album in LA , Slash doesn't fuck around , he is a workaholic 

• Like 2

I wish Myles would play some noteworthy guitar with Slash. I'm not really an Alter Bridge fan but his trading off with Tremonti is pretty fun to watch. We've got 3 solo albums and 2 Snakepit albums -- mix it up! Have a musical conversation. They're too busy? Then stop being so fuckin' busy. Take a minute.

Edited by Ant

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm so fucking happy about this album, it's been a long time since i heard new Slash music.f44269bd7c8d0b44d565ff89f85bf866.gif

I was listening to Slash's solo spot from the Forum show and it hit me how truly unique his sound is. He's not doing anything new but I can immediately tell it's him within the first few notes. I can't wait for this man to put out another album with that sound.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash wrote some great solos in Snakepit (Back and Forth Again, I Hate Everybody But You, Serial Killer, Back To The Moment), VR (Fall to Pieces, The Last Fight) and his Solo stuff (Mother Maria, I Hold On, Nothing to Say, Starlight, Far and Away, No More Heroes, Bent To Fly, Battleground - both solos) not to mention all straight rock/bluesy solos he did in faster songs. I wouldn't match them with GNR era solos, because caliber of those songs is massively smaller, but I'm sure some of them if released as GNR would've become classics. 

Bolded ones I would rank as Slash's peak, seriously, those solos are so unlike to his style and yet so thought-out and perfectly phrased that I admire him even more and I know what he's capable of. It drives me because I know that he may write a solo that will flip the world again :)

I think the You Got No Right solo is criminally underrated. The build up... so good!

Do newer fans know about ...

'Cause that is also killer... so emotive. Similar to the Battleground tempo but I think far superior.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 4

Slash has always a gem on any record he made, only when it's made in GN'R, then it is a big one to some people here. I love Slash to the day i die, and i am not gay !! there are so many songs that are top noch !! He is the only one i buy a record from, were i don't have to hear one song of the album !!

GN'R was great , both Slash's snakepit was great, VR was great and SMKC is great !!

Btw, Still can't believe VR didn't put Messages out , that would be a big one i believe !!

• Like 3