Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's up to both of them, I think, because they both would have to change the way they have worked on their own for years. Slash is now used to being the one who writes all the music and then gives it to the singer for lyrics and vocals ; also the one calling the shots on everything (direction, production, timeline of recording). Maybe he would be on board for a GnR album if Axl was willing to work like that. But Axl wouldn't do that with GnR, he never had even before the break up (AC/DC is another story, because it's not his band). I'm not sure that Slash would be eager to put himself in the process of working with Axl.

Slash was more or less his own boss in Snakepit and did VR after that. He knows how it works in a band like GNR and in GNR in particular. Unless Axl told him that he will copy/paste all of his guitar parts or that he needs another 8 years for the next record I don't think a workaholic like Slash, who works also as a session musican (where he isn't the one who's calling the shots) would miss this opportunity.

Or maybe Axl insists to release CDII where Slash should add some solos without getting any credits for songwriting. That's another possibility where I can see Slash refusing the collaboration.

After all it's pure logic. Slash is the one releasing records in a regular basis. Axl's not. Guns n Roses not releasing an album is not because of Slash.

But we still don't know what their plans are. They could have easily decided to do their side projects (SMKC, ACDC) before focusing on their main band. We don't know. And since when are GNR fans impatient? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Well that's why we are having this heated debate. The latest information says 3 years. Now if you have a source saying it's 3 months instead of 3 years. You're more than welcome to post.

There are enough sources saying Alter Bridge is busy the next year(s).

If SMKC are to tour 2019 and 2020 and unless they go on tour with Alter Bridge with Myles putting on a four hour show each night then there will be enough time inbetween the tour legs to work on other things

7 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

If SMKC are to tour 2019 and 2020 and unless they go on tour with Alter Bridge with Myles putting on a four hour show each night then there will be enough time inbetween the tour legs to work on other things

Good points, and as a big Alter Bridge fan, I'm sorta in the camp that it's ok for AB to take their time more with their sixth album release and delay it and album tour by a few months (going into say 2020) than their usual timeline (the fall of that year) and let Slash/Myles/Conspirators take more center stage in 2019, here's my reasons why.

1. Myles is probably going to be lacking some fresh guitar ideas after releasing AB's The Last Hero and his solo album, Year of the Tiger.  After his solo tour, he probably wants to go back to be in that role of just providing lyrics and vocal melodies on top of whatever guitar ideas Slash will come up with (I'm hoping Frank Sidoris has some good guitar ideas as well that plays well with Slash's vision for the next album).

2. Kerns, Fitz, and Sidoris didn't really have a big band/project during 2016/17 while Myles was busy with AB and Slash was of course with GNR and the NITL tour.  Kerns reformed Age of Electric and did some shows in Canada, I think.  Brent Fitz played drums with Gene Simmons in his solo shows.  Neither of those I imagine, while it's good productive things to do, doesn't really bring a good payday as say playing with Slash in theaters, music halls, and the occasional arena shows.  Those guys are great enough players that they deserve that sort of big project that being in Slash's solo band brings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baje said:

I think a new GNR album has to be a compromise between both methods. Slash really wanted back in the band so why wouldn't he be willing to work with Axl. In my opinion new music rests mostly on Axl's shoulders and if he's willing to change after all these years. 

I agree about the compromise part. But... would they do it?

Slash had been publicly open for a reunion most of the time. Whenever the topic came up in his pre-reunion interviews, however, he talked about it only in terms of playing live "for the fans" and his concerns were mostly about Axl non being punctual etc. He never alluded to the possibility of working in the studio.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Slash was more or less his own boss in Snakepit and did VR after that. He knows how it works in a band like GNR and in GNR in particular. Unless Axl told him that he will copy/paste all of his guitar parts or that he needs another 8 years for the next record I don't think a workaholic like Slash, who works also as a session musican (where he isn't the one who's calling the shots) would miss this opportunity.

Or maybe Axl insists to release CDII where Slash should add some solos without getting any credits for songwriting. That's another possibility where I can see Slash refusing the collaboration.

After all it's pure logic. Slash is the one releasing records in a regular basis. Axl's not. Guns n Roses not releasing an album is not because of Slash.

But we still don't know what their plans are. They could have easily decided to do their side projects (SMKC, ACDC) before focusing on their main band. We don't know. And since when are GNR fans impatient? 

Slash, in his own words, regretted doing VR (not overall I guess, but in regards to being in a band with similar inner dynamics as GnR):

Forming Slash's Snakepit as a side­ project probably increased tensions between Axl and yourself...
Maybe, but I needed to come back down to earth and rediscover what a rock 'n' roll  band is actually about. And by the time I'd come back from that, Axl had built this impenetrable cocoon around him.
 I can't knock the guy -  he's an incredibly complex character and that's what makes him who he is. But I never could understand how we couldn't continue doing what we'd set out to do in the first place. There was so much animosity between us, so little communication because of my personality faults and his. Finally, I couldn't stand it any more and I left, but then I ended up putting together exactly the  same kind of band again [Velvet Revolver, 2002]. l must have upset someone in a past life, I guess {laughs).

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/the-truth-mojo-june-2008.pdf

Going exclusively by each one's past record in regards to consistency and work habits, yes, it's easy to conclude that Axl is the problematic part of the equation. I think though that this time it may not be all on him, but a mutual thing, for the reasons I explained above.

Imo maybe the way for them to make an album at this point would be to divide it in "territories", with Axl working in the "Slash territory" in the same way he would do it with AC/DC, and Slash working in the "Axl territory" in the way he would do it as a session musician. But would that be realistic? :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

48 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:
2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So, whatever GnR came up with would leave a portion of fans unhappy and bitching. Even the people in the latter group have their preferences and, after the initial excitement wore out, some of them would complain eventually.

Disagree 100%.

The two primary options were continue with Guns N' Roses or pursue The Axl Rose solo project.

Instead of making a decision, he went with the safest, most avoidant option out there - join AC/DC to make more money. 

It kicks the can down the road for another half decade. 

GN'R lives to serve his financial portfolio and CD II will rot in the vault. 

Good riddance. 

I'm sorry, maybe it's me missing something, but I don't see the relevance between the point you make and the part of my post you quoted (as well as the rest of my post), so I don't understand what is that you disagree 100% with.

Anyway, I don't disagree about what the two primary options were and the opportunities lost. But AC/DC just happened; it wasn't planned or predicted.

I also think it's arguable if AC/DC is the "safest option". How safe is it for him to have to be judged by another band's hardcore fanbase, the majority of which is skeptical at best and hostile at worst? Same with the money; as big as the AC/DC paycheck might be (and it's doubtful if he will get publishing royalties, as he may not be involved in the songwriting) it can't be bigger than what he would get from a GnR album.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It is clear that Myles will make an album and tour with AB. And during his free time he will be with Conspirators. Neither band is going to be on tour for whole year. Meaning that the 2019 and 2020 are real possibilities. But what about GN'R?

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is clear that Myles will make an album and tour with AB. And during his free time he will be with Conspirators. Neither band is going to be on tour for whole year. Meaning that the 2019 and 2020 are real possibilities. But what about GN'R?

I’ve been thinking about this and if they are still keeping GNR going then it looks like splitting duties between bands for the next 2 1/2 years will be the way. SKMC and AC/DC tour from autumn 2018 till spring 2019 then GNR in the summer similar to this year.  Axl done 2 legs of the tour for AC/DC during 2016 while touring with GNR so over a longer period might be possible. But of course that’s still asking a lot of Axl and his voice. I might be giving myself false hopes but while a new album seems out the question for GNR,maybe releasing a couple of new songs to keep the tour fresh might be more realistic. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I agree about the compromise part. But... would they do it?

Slash had been publicly open for a reunion most of the time. Whenever the topic came up in his pre-reunion interviews, however, he talked about it only in terms of playing live "for the fans" and his concerns were mostly about Axl non being punctual etc. He never alluded to the possibility of working in the studio.

It has crossed my mind that maybe Slash only agreed to touring. But a lot of fans would be disappointed in that because it possibly means no new music from this lineup. Look at the meltdown that is happening now. Really all we can do is wait and see what happens. 

• Like 1

I agree with previous points that slash is a workaholic. He could've easily thrown down guitar parts for unreleased GnR by now so we should assume he has. It's also not too crazy to think that with today's technology that they would've recorded/bounced new song ideas off each other then record it. 

On 22. 03. 2018. at 9:01 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't think it's got anything to do with that. Axl just got the opportunity to cement himself in history with an ACDC album sung by him and lead singer of 2 of the biggest rock bands in history now. This is infinitely bigger than new music by GNR. That would obviously be a priority for him since ACDC is also one of his favourite bands and Angus one of his heroes. Slash and Duff are not going anywhere now and he can make a GNR album later. Not to mention Slash has been postponing his album for almost exactly 2 years now. It just makes sense.

well not sure about that...GNR is XXL bend compared to AC/DC. If they ever made an album under GNR moniker it would sell XXL even compared to best AC/DC album, simply because it is what it is - first GNR album with AX/Slash/Duff made in 25 years. Slash for one would surely make one tmw if he had the right team with him, Duff too, they never had problems putting out music. I think they simply lost will to puruase Ax to make a new album or probably don't have much interest to make album with Fortus, Ferrer, Meli...

R.I.P GNR

Oh well, it will be nice listening to new slash music with a singer that won't be out of breath after 10 seconds and doesn't sound like Mickey Mouse.

I know Axl will sound good with ACDC because he cares more about that band. I will not watch a minute of fake ACDC. No different than watching Fake GNR prior to 2016.

37 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

R.I.P GNR

Oh well, it will be nice listening to new slash music with a singer that won't be out of breath after 10 seconds and doesn't sound like Mickey Mouse.

I know Axl will sound good with ACDC because he cares more about that band. I will not watch a minute of fake ACDC. No different than watching Fake GNR prior to 2016.

Yes Myles not sound like Mickey...he sound like Minnie Mouse......🐀

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

R.I.P GNR

This!