Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

Exactly.

If you're happy with the news or don't care either way - that's great and I respect where you're coming from. But don't act like it's absurd for a fan to feel let down by this news. You're talking about a band that hasn't released an album of original material going on nearly a decade. A band that hasn't released an album of original material featuring Axl and Slash in 27 years. And people who point this out are entitled and complainers? Context people. We're not talking about a prolific band like U2 or Pearl Jam here. 

Then you have a frontman who after 25 years reunites with his estranged guitarist and tours 30 year old songs for 2 years - selling out stadiums everywhere. And when they have the momentum...they plan to fuck off again. Brilliant.

Let's not forget that because Axl Rose doesn't release shit, the GnR catalogue is comprised of material that is best suited for a young band. I'm not sure how many fans want to hear a 57 year old Axl singing Welcome to the Jungle and making thrusting moves onstage - he can barely keep up as is. So what fans have to look forward to is Axl giving what's left of his vocals to Angus for an album/tour and then coming back and maybe half-assing something with Slash. And fans are supposed to be cool with this? Fuck that. It is what it is. Just because you are grateful for what we got and like to see the glass as half-full doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade. You can do both my friends. I'm grateful Axl/Slash played together. But for Axl to do an Axl/DC album when his own fans have been languishing in limbo for decades (original and nu-guns fans) is tantamount to a slap on the face. Does this guy give a rats ass about his fans? 

Some of us don't care about a lame ass generic rock record w/ Angus where Axl has next to no creative input. If Axl wanted to do that, he should have done Snakepit with Slash 25 years ago. And who really wants this? Serious question. Do GnR fans want an Axl/DC album over a GnR album? Are AC/DC fans thrilled about Axl/DC? Go check their forums for the answer. He's such a bizarre person. You get your original guitarist back in your band after nearly a quarter century and all you can do is whine in that China Exchange interview about how GnR isn't that interesting to you these days and you're more keen to do other stuff. Then just release the shit you already have on iTunes and go back to doing nothing again. At least whore out the brand properly like Metallica. They can't even do that right because from top to bottom the GnR organization is incompetent. Hey Axl, if you're bored singing the same old songs with GnR, here's an idea. MAKE NEW MUSIC WITH YOUR BAND. 

The current situation is pathetic. If you want to spin that by saying Axl doesn't owe us anything - by all means, tell yourself whatever you need to.

If this post took human form - this is what it would look like

Spoiler

mnGk5DH.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Following Axl Rose/GN'R at times isn't easy but ultimately, everything about Axl Rose that you/we bitch about and pisses you off goes hand in hand with what keeps you interested and invested in whatever he does, I'm afraid. Sometimes the most brilliant people are also the most flawed. All this fan service bollocks you talk about is just that... bollocks. I'd rather have one album in twenty years by Axl Rose than album after dreary album by Ufucking2, because bands like GN'R will always blow shit like U2 away.

Although I agree that U2 albums in recent times are far from being amazing. The one album Axl made was also far from being great. And it didn't made any impact. NuGN'R was about festivals and Vegas residency. That wasn't the case with U2. Last year it was Joshua Tree anniversary. U2 tour was a celebration of that iconic album. It was also AFD anniversary. What did GN'R do? One special show for radio susbcribers. And they played the same set list like it was just another show. No, GN'R didn't blow U2 away by any means

• Like 1

On 23.3.2018 at 2:24 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Why are people assuming this has any effect on a GNR album? Even if there was a GNR album on the way, Slash would do his solo stuff around it. But I'd guess he's going back to his band because there's not a GNR album in the works....

Sad but true.

6 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

I'll rephrase that....

Yeah, Back In Black is only one of the best rock albums ever. If only it had stood the test of time. :facepalm: Clueless.

A plaque of platinum status

is whack if you're not the baddest!  

ACDC is the most generic piece of shit when it comes to rock music. It's like U2 with distortion. Let the hate begin - you know where to find me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'm another GNR fan that just doesn't like AC/DC. Axl deciding to front another, long-established band doesn't automatically make me a fan of said band. I've heard Back In Black from beginning to end. I know most of the big AC/DC hits. They do nothing for me. Forget Dad Rock, AC/DC are Grandad Rock. I find their whole shtick a bit embarrassing, with Angus dressed up as a creepy schoolboy and the lame ass moves he busts while playing his guitar. Their lyrics and music are dull and I think it's a travesty that Axl is continuing to waste even more of the precious time he has left on this mortal coil on singing cover versions for another band, instead of creating new music for his own. And I think deep down, most GNR fans agree with this, only some are so desperate for as much as a fart in a can from Axl, that they'll accept whatever it is he gives them.

Exactly. This pretty much sums it up right here..

14 hours ago, Ratam said:

Me too, i be beginning hate Slash😠

Do you really believe that a new GNR record is up to Slash? If Axl is willing to record with Guns Slash is on board without a doubt. Axl has other priorities so Slash is free to do what he wants.

I'd rather have SMKC than nothing.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, EricA said:

OK, in the post above i was joking, but this one (from todd kerns wife) frightens me, wtf does she mean with #2018 #2019 #2020 :o

Since when did SMKC tour for 3 years?

They won't and that's not even a possibility because of Myles' and Alter Bridge's plans. If at all they could tour for selected months over this time period with enough time inbetween for Slash to concentrate on Guns if they have any plans.

New music's new music. I'm happy to get a new record in my collection. It'd be cool to have an Axl/DC album too.

Plus these songs were most likely recorded a few years ago, and if not, it still doesn't mean that it'll hinder/stop a new GNR record.

I'm just glad we still get any music from some of the GNR guys, and it would be amazing to get at least Slash, Axl and Duff in a studio and have some cool new GNR tracks, but lol no

Regarding Axl/DC, Axl's voice suits rock n roll better than electronca pop-opera, so bring it on

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

A plaque of platinum status

is whack if you're not the baddest!  

ACDC is the most generic piece of shit when it comes to rock music. It's like U2 with distortion. Let the hate begin - you know where to find me. 

Yeah, nice one.

Are you the bloke who said this news made you cry? :lol:

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'm another GNR fan that just doesn't like AC/DC. Axl deciding to front another, long-established band doesn't automatically make me a fan of said band. I've heard Back In Black from beginning to end. I know most of the big AC/DC hits. They do nothing for me. Forget Dad Rock, AC/DC are Grandad Rock. I find their whole shtick a bit embarrassing, with Angus dressed up as a creepy schoolboy and the lame ass moves he busts while playing his guitar. Their lyrics and music are dull and I think it's a travesty that Axl is continuing to waste even more of the precious time he has left on this mortal coil on singing cover versions for another band, instead of creating new music for his own. And I think deep down, most GNR fans agree with this, only some are so desperate for as much as a fart in a can from Axl, that they'll accept whatever it is he gives them.

No. I don't like AC/DC much either, never been a fan, but that's entirely subjective. Axl fronting them is not what I'm waiting for, but what you just typed doesn't make any sense. 

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Do you really believe that a new GNR record is up to Slash? If Axl is willing to record with Guns Slash is on board without a doubt. Axl has other priorities so Slash is free to do what he wants.

I'd rather have SMKC than nothing.

I think that Slash prefer be his own boss, and this reunion he made just for money, my opinion i can be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

They won't and that's not even a possibility because of Myles' and Alter Bridge's plans. If at all they could tour for selected months over this time period with enough time inbetween for Slash to concentrate on Guns if they have any plans.

This happen when put his nose people that is outsider of the band....😑

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, excellent use of Eminem's best song!

On another thought, I would be disappointed if a Detroit native didn't recognize it... :P

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, nice one.

Are you the bloke who said this news made you cry? :lol:

Yeah... Figure of speech, you know.

Check it out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It's up to both of them, I think, because they both would have to change the way they have worked on their own for years. Slash is now used to being the one who writes all the music and then gives it to the singer for lyrics and vocals ; also the one calling the shots on everything (direction, production, timeline of recording). Maybe he would be on board for a GnR album if Axl was willing to work like that. But Axl wouldn't do that with GnR, he never had even before the break up (AC/DC is another story, because it's not his band). I'm not sure that Slash would be eager to put himself in the process of working with Axl.

Edited by Blackstar
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well that's why we are having this heated debate. The latest information says 3 years. Now if you have a source saying it's 3 months instead of 3 years. You're more than welcome to post.