Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

I'm not sure why anyone is getting worked up.

First off Slash had already started recording before the GnR reunion. His band has waited as he has put off the album. They were overall supportive and knew he was concentrating on GnR. They have always said the album will come though. I don't think Slash should shove them and the plans they had to the side. The honorable thing would be to do the album as he promised.

Second I don't feel it means No GnR album. Slash being honorable and releasing this album that was put on hold for so long has no bearing. It also allows other band members to do things they may want for a while. 

I also don't feel it's a sign of things not going good. In fact, I feel it is the opposite. They are now in a place where Axl can respect that Slash is gonna record that album and tour a bit and Slash understands Axl's need to do the Axl/DC thing. Way back then heads would have rolled.

I also feel other current GnR members may join Axl as ACDC has needs there.

They will still record a GnR album. I believe that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

First off Slash had already started recording before the GnR reunion. His band has waited as he has put off the album. They were overall supportive and knew he was concentrating on GnR. They have always said the album will come though. I don't think Slash should shove them and the plans they had to the side. The honorable thing would be to do the album as he promised.

Second I don't feel it means No GnR album. Slash being honorable and releasing this album that was put on hold for so long has no bearing. It also allows other band members to do things they may want for a while. 

I also don't feel it's a sign of things not going good. In fact, I feel it is the opposite. They are now in a place where Axl can respect that Slash is gonna record that album and tour a bit and Slash understands Axl's need to do the Axl/DC thing. Way back then heads would have rolled.

Agree with you on people getting worked up.

Slash had committees that he needed to honor includung i would image contractual obligations.

People don't seem to understand these guys have been around the industry a long time and are no longer in there 20's signing deals on cocktail napkins.

All of this would have been discussed and planned in advance.

Its clear that the European tour was planned taking into account the commitments  Slash had to honor and potentially future GNR plans or AC/DC for Axl.

After years of miscommunication and or not communicating at all, Axl and Slash seem to be on the same page and have developed a new understanding and respect.

Shows you exactly how 'together' GnR are, Slash is doin' a solo and Axl is working with AC/DC recording-wise.  Thing is, when 5 men, have any brains whatsoever, know they're part of something so lucrative, no matter what they have against each other, they'll come together.  You think The Stones would still be doing what they're doing if there weren't millions in it?  And, y'know, I don't hold that against em, its the same as anybody else, we don't all work with people we have some kinda special bond with, some of em we can't fuckin' stand personally but if you're on the team you pass the ball.

• Like 3

Why are people so upset about Slash playing Guns songs with SMKC? They played them better than Guns did between 2001 and 2014. Stripped down versions of the songs, except RQ.

I like lots of Slash's stuff outside of Guns but if I go to a Slash show I want to hear at least 1 or 2 Guns songs. 

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I think you make a fair point about 'other current GnR members'. Duff is the one with basically nothing on his plate now. AC/DC is short a bass player. It would drive some people totally mental to have another GnR-member on board with AC/DC. Other possible thing for him to do is tour the WP2 record. That was also released a short while ago and nobody lost his/her shit over that.

I don't get why people are so upset about this... Let Slash release and tour the album he had planned release in 2016 and then see what happens.

Saying that he will tour the new album doesn't mean it will be a 2 year long tour, he could be touring until Christmas and record with GN'R on the road for example. A new GN'R album next year and a tour still isn't impossible

Hell, they might even already have a record planned to be released by Christmas and tour that next spring...

For me it's like this, of course I'd prefer a GN'R album but as a fan I'm not disappointed about getting new music from one of the classic members while waiting for it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I don't get why people are so upset about this... Let Slash release and tour the album he had planned release in 2016 and then see what happens.

Saying that he will tour the new album doesn't mean it will be a 2 year long tour, he could be touring until Christmas and record with GN'R on the road for example. A new GN'R album next year and a tour still isn't impossible

Hell, they might even already have a record planned to be released by Christmas and tour that next spring...

For me it's like this, of course I'd prefer a GN'R album but as a fan I'm not disappointed about getting new music from one of the classic members while waiting for it.

I think they'll do an aerosmith. They can keep doing solo stuff and still be active with Gn'R. So solo stuff here and there, then a couple gn'r tour legs when they're all available.

19 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Fuck me, ich mag SMKC bis zu einem gewissen Grad, und jeder sah die AXL / DC-Sache von meilenweit entfernt, aber es ist irgendwie enttäuschend, als wir tatsächlich den Punkt erreichten, an dem GNR nach dieser Tour mehr oder weniger eine Pause machen würde Mitglieder beginnen mit eigenen Projekten. Bringt uns zurück zu 1993, und wir wissen alle, wie das endete.

Unfortunately you are right. I think it's a pity that they do not continue :wacko:

2 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Duff is the one with basically nothing on his plate now.

I don’t get Duff...He could easily go on tour with his side project(The Walking Papers), they just released an amazing album and instead that he chose to stay out. :shrugs:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Amen¡¡🙏

42 minutes ago, Derick said:

I don’t get Duff...He could easily go on tour with his side project(The Walking Papers), they just released an amazing album and instead that he chose to stay out. :shrugs:

Maybe he'll announce something, or maybe he will really pick up the bass at AC/DC? On the other hand, Duff's really the family man, so I can also see him spending some time with his family after these few years.

• Like 1

I can imagine how it will feel to listen to the Axl/DC album...just unreal.

I honestly hope that if they tour again Axl will have more stage presence. I know Angus is the main part of that band but always having Axl somewhere in the background is kind of lame.

Brian and Angus also shared the spotlight.

Their situation is similar to the one the Smashing Pumpkins are in now except they are doing it right. Their reunion tour will start this summer, they've been recording songs under the Smashing Pumpkins these past few months with Rick Rubin and will release them this year, first song will hit before the tour starts. Meanwhile Corgan is also releasing a solo album this year, Chamberlin, the drummer, will also release an album this year, and Iha, the guitarist, is releasing an album with his other band next month. If it's possible for a dysfunctional band like the Pumpkins, it should be possible for a dysfunctional band like GnR, but I doubt it will happen.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

Yeah, maybe after being on the road for 1,5 year he kinda wants to spend time with his family before hitting the road again this summer? Hm?

How long do we reckon Guns will be gone for? 

Slash will tour the world with SMKC. I think they'll start around September 2018 and finish up after summer 2019. 

Axl/DC... It's hard to say. I assume they'll tour for the best part of a year after their album comes out, which might be late this year? 

Factor in some break / downtime afterwards.  

2020 for Guns? 

Just now, jacdaniel said:

How long do we reckon Guns will be gone for? 

Slash will tour the world with SMKC. I think they'll start around September 2018 and finish up after summer 2019. 

Axl/DC... It's hard to say. I assume they'll tour for the best part of a year after their album comes out, which might be late this year? 

Factor in some break / downtime afterwards.  

2030 for Guns? 

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Their situation is similar to the one the Smashing Pumpkins are in now except they are doing it right. Their reunion tour will start this summer, they've been recording songs under the Smashing Pumpkins these past few months with Rick Rubin and will release them this year, first song will hit before the tour starts. Meanwhile Corgan is also releasing a solo album this year, Chamberlin, the drummer, will also release an album this year, and Iha, the guitarist, is releasing an album with his other band next month. If it's possible for a dysfunctional band like the Pumpkins, it should be possible for a dysfunctional band like GnR, but I doubt it will happen.

It's not similar in any way. Sure, both bands have an outspoken and in some ways dysfunctional singer / frontman. However, Billy Corgan has ALWAYS been releasing music and has been highly productive. Both as a solo- or guest-artist and with Zwan, as with the various incarnations of the Pumpkins.

1 minute ago, LovelessNL said:

It's not similar in any way. Sure, both bands have an outspoken and in some ways dysfunctional singer / frontman. However, Billy Corgan has ALWAYS been releasing music and has been highly productive. Both as a solo- or guest-artist and with Zwan, as with the various incarnations of the Pumpkins.

I meant similar as in doing a 'reunion' tour that no one expected anymore, and all the different members having side projects going on at the same time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Because Guns is the more dysfunctional band of all dysfunctional bands:lol:

• Like 1

I know its a dream scenario but theres a small, tiny chance that between the legs they have recorded material for GNR. Yeah, given the past few years we'd imagine Axl and the band was just sitting their arses but maybe, just maybe the sucess of the reunion got Axl excited again and put him to work. Axl seems like a different person from what he was 5 years ago, he seems happy for the first time in years and years and theres a side of me that likes to believe he still have passion for what he does.

Of course theres the business part of it that we'll never understand so we assume that they're just evil grabbin all the money they can get, but maybe theres more to it.

I'm a musician and as a musician, I know it isnt hard to just go and record a song, they had plenty of time between the legs and even between gigs to do it. Yeah, Axl is kind of nuts, but everyone can change. :)

Maybe we'll end up getting all of'em. GNR, AC/DC and SMKC.

Edited by default_

Slash is allready reading thru all the posts in this thread, while in the background...

...all our thoughts are compressed in this creature, ready to attac him: *why are you recording a new smkc record instead of a new gnr one*

:smiley-confused2:

Edited by EricA
  • Haha 1