Confirmed new album slash feat mk and the conspirators

Yeah, time flies.
And LOL at people saying stuff like "If Stones can do it until 80, why cant GNR", just compare the music the Stones do to what Guns did. Also, just compare the Stones catalog to the GNR catalog.:lol:
The Stones could live off Nostalgia since the 80s if they wanted to yet they'd have more songs to rotate on setlist than GNR, Van Halen and Aerosmith combined, yet they still have released pretty decent efforts until recently and there are talks about a new record.

Edited by default_

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well we are going to start quoting Axl.  "Not in this life time" :rolleyes:

Please tell me you can do better than quoting Axl :lol:

It seemed timely, appropriate, and fits the situation and comments perfectly.

Not some random quote in the least. 

Please tell me you can do better understanding this concept. ;)

48 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

So we're never allowed to disagree with things or be disappointed, never allowed to expect or even just hope for things to be better, which they could be...why do you and those who share your opinion feel you're owed that?

Nobody is actually crying and going apeshit over this. You're acting like people are banging on their keyboards throwing themselves around the room in a fit of rage. People are simply venting a bit about how inept their favourite band is.

I was joking... I should've thrown a "/s" at the end or something

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Exactly.

If you're happy with the news or don't care either way - that's great and I respect where you're coming from. But don't act like it's absurd for a fan to feel let down by this news. You're talking about a band that hasn't released an album of original material going on nearly a decade. A band that hasn't released an album of original material featuring Axl and Slash in 27 years. And people who point this out are entitled and complainers? Context people. We're not talking about a prolific band like U2 or Pearl Jam here. 

Then you have a frontman who after 25 years reunites with his estranged guitarist and tours 30 year old songs for 2 years - selling out stadiums everywhere. And when they have the momentum...they plan to fuck off again. Brilliant.

Let's not forget that because Axl Rose doesn't release shit, the GnR catalogue is comprised of material that is best suited for a young band. I'm not sure how many fans want to hear a 57 year old Axl singing Welcome to the Jungle and making thrusting moves onstage - he can barely keep up as is. So what fans have to look forward to is Axl giving what's left of his vocals to Angus for an album/tour and then coming back and maybe half-assing something with Slash. And fans are supposed to be cool with this? Fuck that. It is what it is. Just because you are grateful for what we got and like to see the glass as half-full doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade. You can do both my friends. I'm grateful Axl/Slash played together. But for Axl to do an Axl/DC album when his own fans have been languishing in limbo for decades (original and nu-guns fans) is tantamount to a slap on the face. Does this guy give a rats ass about his fans? 

Some of us don't care about a lame ass generic rock record w/ Angus where Axl has next to no creative input. If Axl wanted to do that, he should have done Snakepit with Slash 25 years ago. And who really wants this? Serious question. Do GnR fans want an Axl/DC album over a GnR album? Are AC/DC fans thrilled about Axl/DC? Go check their forums for the answer. He's such a bizarre person. You get your original guitarist back in your band after nearly a quarter century and all you can do is whine in that China Exchange interview about how GnR isn't that interesting to you these days and you're more keen to do other stuff. Then just release the shit you already have on iTunes and go back to doing nothing again. At least whore out the brand properly like Metallica. They can't even do that right because from top to bottom the GnR organization is incompetent. Hey Axl, if you're bored singing the same old songs with GnR, here's an idea. MAKE NEW MUSIC WITH YOUR BAND. 

The current situation is pathetic. If you want to spin that by saying Axl doesn't owe us anything - by all means, tell yourself whatever you need to.

Following Axl Rose/GN'R at times isn't easy but ultimately, everything about Axl Rose that you/we bitch about and pisses you off goes hand in hand with what keeps you interested and invested in whatever he does, I'm afraid. Sometimes the most brilliant people are also the most flawed. All this fan service bollocks you talk about is just that... bollocks. I'd rather have one album in twenty years by Axl Rose than album after dreary album by Ufucking2, because bands like GN'R will always blow shit like U2 away.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • GNFNR 2

The real shame is Axl doesn't understand how overqualified he is to even WRITE with Angus Young. Ac/dc is the EPITOME of generic (geriatric) boring, bland, cock rock. Axl could be busy making great music that stands the test of time and is wasting his time with the corpse of AC/DC. He must have a massive inferiority complex...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The real shame is Axl doesn't understand how overqualified he is to even WRITE with Angus Young. Ac/dc is the EPITOME of generic (geriatric) boring, bland, cock rock. Axl could be busy making great music that stands the test of time and is wasting his time with the corpse of AC/DC. He must have a massive inferiority complex...

So I take you are not an AC/DC fan....

Being a fan of Guns N' Roses is tantamount to accepting prolonged psychological torture. Fuck, at this point, the CIA could even get in touch with the band to see some new methods, lol.

Seriously though, i don't particularly see a problem if they took one year off to do AC/DC or SMKC, and reconvene Guns with an album. But if it's going to be three years, the entire momentum and popularity of the band would be quite diminished.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

22 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Yeah, Back In Black is only one of the biggest selling albums ever. If only it had stood the test of time. :facepalm: Clueless.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Indeed,this is that means for my AC/DC.

22 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, Back In Black is only one of the biggest selling albums ever. If only it had stood the test of time. :facepalm: Clueless.

So was new kids on the block, hangin tough. I didn't realize album sales equated to quality... relax bro, you've just been "thunderstruck". You'll be ok in a few minutes...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I feel like a lot of times, and not just with GNR specifically, but hardcore fans of any band look at everything as "what can these people do for me?" as opposed to "what do these human beings in their own lives want to do with their own time and musical abilities" and anytime it doesn't match up, people can't quite comprehend it

Well. Since '93 the band GnR hasn't really done all that much for us. So really, we have been very patient. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

Exactly.

If you're happy with the news or don't care either way - that's great and I respect where you're coming from. But don't act like it's absurd for a fan to feel let down by this news. You're talking about a band that hasn't released an album of original material going on nearly a decade. A band that hasn't released an album of original material featuring Axl and Slash in 27 years. And people who point this out are entitled and complainers? Context people. We're not talking about a prolific band like U2 or Pearl Jam here. 

Then you have a frontman who after 25 years reunites with his estranged guitarist and tours 30 year old songs for 2 years - selling out stadiums everywhere. And when they have the momentum...they plan to fuck off again. Brilliant.

Let's not forget that because Axl Rose doesn't release shit, the GnR catalogue is comprised of material that is best suited for a young band. I'm not sure how many fans want to hear a 57 year old Axl singing Welcome to the Jungle and making thrusting moves onstage - he can barely keep up as is. So what fans have to look forward to is Axl giving what's left of his vocals to Angus for an album/tour and then coming back and maybe half-assing something with Slash. And fans are supposed to be cool with this? Fuck that. It is what it is. Just because you are grateful for what we got and like to see the glass as half-full doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade. You can do both my friends. I'm grateful Axl/Slash played together. But for Axl to do an Axl/DC album when his own fans have been languishing in limbo for decades (original and nu-guns fans) is tantamount to a slap on the face. Does this guy give a rats ass about his fans? 

Some of us don't care about a lame ass generic rock record w/ Angus where Axl has next to no creative input. If Axl wanted to do that, he should have done Snakepit with Slash 25 years ago. And who really wants this? Serious question. Do GnR fans want an Axl/DC album over a GnR album? Are AC/DC fans thrilled about Axl/DC? Go check their forums for the answer. He's such a bizarre person. You get your original guitarist back in your band after nearly a quarter century and all you can do is whine in that China Exchange interview about how GnR isn't that interesting to you these days and you're more keen to do other stuff. Then just release the shit you already have on iTunes and go back to doing nothing again. At least whore out the brand properly like Metallica. They can't even do that right because from top to bottom the GnR organization is incompetent. Hey Axl, if you're bored singing the same old songs with GnR, here's an idea. MAKE NEW MUSIC WITH YOUR BAND. 

The current situation is pathetic. If you want to spin that by saying Axl doesn't owe us anything - by all means, tell yourself whatever you need to.

Out of likes.

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Following Axl Rose/GN'R at times isn't easy but ultimately, everything about Axl Rose that you/we bitch about and pisses you off goes hand in hand with what keeps you interested and invested in whatever he does, I'm afraid. Sometimes the most brilliant people are also the most flawed. All this fan service bollocks you talk about is just that... bollocks. I'd rather have one album in twenty years by Axl Rose than album after dreary album by Ufucking2, because bands like GN'R will always blow shit like U2 away.

Nah. Bollocks is what you say.

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Everyone of their riffs is like a 14 year old at guitar lessons, slowly trying to construct a song, and singing about "rocking". Not exactly anything too profound or memorable. Axl and co have written much better songs.

Not memorable? If that were the case they would not have a million guitar riffs that everyone who learns guitar want to learn first lol. 

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Not memorable? If that were the case they would not have a million guitar riffs that everyone who learns guitar want to learn first lol. 

Also out of likes. Some GNR fans really are embarrasingly clueless when it comes to rock.

• Like 3