Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

6 minutes ago, auad said:

youtube is the main way to listen to music today, and it's the most revolutionary app ever created.

SOYL is weak, not contagious.

what did you want for 30 year old b-side? :D

read again... NEW Alice in Chains single is 700K

10 minutes ago, auad said:

youtube is the main way to listen to music today, and it's the most revolutionary app ever created.

SOYL is weak, not contagious.

Youtube isn't the ONLY way to listen to music today though, especially with Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, the music listening environment is well diversified now

SOYL is a non-album track being used as pre-release promotion for the box set, it is doing just fine, especially when taking in what it is, the numbers of views other things get in a similar timeframe of a similar stature, etc.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Youtube isn't the ONLY way to listen to music today though, especially with Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, the music listening environment is well diversified now

SOYL is a non-album track being used as pre-release promotion for the box set, it is doing just fine 

Hello.
did not say youtube is the only way, but the most used today.
SOYL, the song, when it comes to GNR, does not meet expectations, IMO.

2 minutes ago, auad said:

That song, when it comes to it being over 30 years old and being used to promote a niche market box set - I say is doing quite well for itself considering it is getting radio play and the views that it does have

If it doesn't meet your personal subjective musical expectations, I can understand that seeing as though it is an old non-album track that is not new to us - even if it is a new take of said tune

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, auad said:

Hello.
did not say youtube is the only way, but the most used today.

Do the math... some CD songs have little more than 2M listens on spotify.... when was CD put on Spotify? :D SOYL has about 660K in few days ;) It's doing just fine ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That song, when it comes to it being over 30 years old and being used to promote a niche market box set - I say is doing quite well for itself considering it is getting radio play and the views that it does have

If it doesn't meet your personal subjective musical expectations, I can understand that seeing as though it is an old non-album track that is not new to us - even if it is a new take of said tune

isn't it actually the newest take of the song? Hollywood Rose demo, Pasha, Sound City, Mike Clink should be the proper order

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

There're literally 5% of good comments about this box cause it's an overpriced crap.

Who gives a shit if it is overpriced crap? People don't have to buy it.. People just like to talk shit. There was one article posted that only focused on the $999 box just so they could be critical. I wouldn't buy that box but there are several other options that are more appealing that the article conveniently left out.. The Super Deluxe on Amazon for $138 really isn't that bad of a deal for a die hard fan.. Most fans and casuals would probably be happy with the two CD set for $20 as they probably don't want or need all the redundant demos.  Or you can buy all 5 CD's worth in digital format for $35.. There really are several affordable options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

isn't it actually the newest take of the song? Hollywood Rose demo, Pasha, Sound City, Mike Clink should be the proper order

You could be right on that!  And especially if Slash indeed overdubbed a little guitar on it, it is for sure the newest either way :P

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

You could be right on that!  And especially if Slash indeed overdubbed a little guitar on it, it is for sure the newest either way :P

reportedly no subsequent additions since November 1986 (do I remember well that @troccoli wrote it at HTGTH? my memory is becoming quite old, LOL!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Who gives a shit if it is overpriced crap? People don't have to buy it.. People just like to talk shit. There was one article posted that only focused on the $999 box just so they could be critical. I wouldn't buy that box but there are several other options that are more appealing that the article conveniently left out.. The Super Deluxe on Amazon for $138 really isn't that bad of a deal for a die hard fan.. Most fans and casuals would probably be happy with the two CD set for $20 as they probably don't want or need all the redundant demos.  Or you can buy all 5 CD's worth in digital format for $35.. There really are several affordable options. 

Exactly. People don't have to always cherry pick the most expensive option and complain like that's all it is. Tonbe honest the hardcore fans are going to gripe the most because they have heard all of this, but the casual fan would be more inticed.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't heard it on the radio yet (not that I listen to the radio much) but a guy at work said he heard it on WAAF in Boston last Friday.

I heard it on WAAF yesterday so it is still in rotation.  Mistress Carrie called it "new old guns".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

you are correct.

i suppose that what is truly pathethic in this box is that they filled it with toys and, once more, neglected us the music

there is SO MUCH MORE MUSIC that they could have put inside that box of toys!

people always complain, even if Guns N' Roses are reunited, drop a brand new album with 14 new tracks + A reunion world tour + GN'R Network with all UYI gigs in Pro shot... people will always complain, complain, complain.

I love the track. sounds cool und fresh. I'm happy with this and i don't care how many views. fuck this views bullshit.. i listen whatever i want! AND I can't wait i have the AfD Remaster with the unrealesed Tracks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

people always complain, even if Guns N' Roses are reunited, drop a brand new album with 14 new tracks + A reunion world tour + GN'R Network with all UYI gigs in Pro shot... people will always complain, complain, complain.

I love the track. sounds cool und fresh. I'm happy with this and i don't care how many views. fuck this views bullshit.. i listen whatever i want! AND I can't wait i have the AfD Remaster with the unrealesed Tracks

Atleast we will have new music to “complain” about. It’s one thing to complain that they aren’t doing anything creative and just price gauging the fans, it’s another to complain that “I don’t like Slash’s solo on track 7” “he killed it on track 3 though!” That’s what normal fans get to talk about. The biggest complaint you’d get from me if they released all of that is “damn I wish it were a double album” “I don’t want to wait another decade for the next one lol” 

i mean be real, it doesn’t take much to turn this place around but some of their half assed efforts aren’t going to please everyone.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't heard it on the radio yet (not that I listen to the radio much) but a guy at work said he heard it on WAAF in Boston last Friday.

Matth and Nick played it on WAAF last Friday. I have t heard it since but I don’t listen to the radio much

• Like 1

Heard it again today on way to work ( look older people/fans appreciate little stuff like this because it can and will lead to better things, I would say have some faith but it’s been such wide gaps in between music( but compare it to , let’s say poison, if they dusted off a 30 year old demo, do u think aaanny radio station would play lt? Let alone all over the world , only one band alive today can do that and you’re on their forum ! 

• Like 3

Idk what to really compare it to as far as "plays" you've got some dude "childish gambino" with a single that came out like the same day and it's got almost 30 million spins, and it's a fuckin joke of a song! Slash's WOF lyric video came up on my suggestions and that came out 4 years ago and SOYL has already passed it up. Who's to say how it will do long term. I think all things considered it's doing par for the course considering it's lyric video and it's being advertised as an "old" release that's just come out. I'm sure by June this time it will have double digits plays.

Edited by Order of Nine

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

you are correct.

i suppose that what is truly pathethic in this box is that they filled it with toys and, once more, neglected us the music

there is SO MUCH MORE MUSIC that they could have put inside that box of toys!

Yeah man, I was really hoping for some real good live stuff from that era.. A good live show/album on blu Ray or audio format...

• Like 2