Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

The more I listen to it, the less I can stand the mixing of the drums. Gated reverb = machine drum like sound. Sounds like Chris Slade on The Razor's Edge.

Edited by EvH

24 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont know.  Do you typically have access to VEVO content on YT in UK?  It often would say VEVO in bottom left of official music videos.

Either way, see if you can watch it directly on VEVO.com?

https://www.vevo.com/artist/guns-n-roses 

https://www.vevo.com/watch/guns-n-roses/shadow-of-your-love-(lyric-video)/USUV71801295 

(Vevo is a music video channel partnership between major labels such as Guns North American lable Universal along with Warner and... A&M (?) plus Google - who own YT - and some others)

Thks.

It just says ' We don't have permission to stream this video in your location. Please choose another video from our massive library.'

Oh well.

2 hours ago, soon said:

I dont know.  Do you typically have access to VEVO content on YT in UK?  It often would say VEVO in bottom left of official music videos.

Either way, see if you can watch it directly on VEVO.com?

https://www.vevo.com/artist/guns-n-roses 

https://www.vevo.com/watch/guns-n-roses/shadow-of-your-love-(lyric-video)/USUV71801295 

(Vevo is a music video channel partnership between major labels such as Guns North American lable Universal along with Warner and... A&M (?) plus Google - who own YT - and some others)

No, we can't see it directly via vevo either...very strange that it was like this initially, changed, then changed back...WHY? lol
All videos are worldwide these days...unless there's some legal reason around playing this song in certain countries, for some reason?

Edited by colonizedmind

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No, we can't see it directly via vevo either...very strange that it was like this initially, changed, then changed back...WHY? lol
All videos are worldwide these days...unless there's some legal reason around playing this song in certain countries, for some reason?

Looks like Jan's got you sorted!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's a different quote. Seems like Steven is fond of describing Axl as "running up the walls".

Where does your quote come from?

It looks it's from here

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/guns-n-roses-shadow-of-your-love/

and that the author of the article just presumed that the quote from Steven's book was about the Mike Clink recording.

9 hours ago, KURT19 said:

It kicks ass. I dig it.

My 20 yr old son, who loves GnR, made this comment:

"The song is okay. I gotta say I'm disappointed in the music video. They usually have great music videos but I guess they're old now. It was pretty lame."

:lol:

If they made the Estranged video now, Axl would jump in the water and throw his back out and the dolphin will bring him to safety :P

• Haha 2

Heard back from my local rock station today about this single. :) 

and then we ended up talking via message for 45 minutes about our love of GNR and how we both want to see some Axl/DC in concert! :thumbsup:

we are all over that shit lol

started playing it on friday and youll start hearing it even more this week
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

and then we ended up talking via message for 45 minutes about our love of GNR and how we both want to see some Axl/DC in concert! :thumbsup:

You talkking with the radio DJ?

14 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

He believes tha Axl/DC is possible?

12 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Very accessible DJ.

It's pretty common now, every station I've been at since like 2005 has had live chat etc.   Some dj's are super lazy or antisocial, outside of that, it's so close to automated now, you have a lot of free time.

• Like 1