NEW 1993 PRO-SHOT: Saskatoon (Videos Now In OP)

Would love to see that!

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

Anyone else with some unsurfaced pro-shots? :)

Anyway, sounds like a job for Limulus!

On 06/05/2018 at 3:32 AM, Nikki_Sixx said:

I shared this last year, and paid a ridiculous amount of money for it :facepalm:

wow, i guess i missed this one... is it better than the previous sources? i remember buying a triple silver CD bootleg from this show and the audio quality was mostly not nice... very hard to listen to... it had something like "axl side", "slash side" and "izzy side"... cant remember the name of it... is this recording any good?

30 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away.

@Lim666 Limulus is the man for this job

• Like 2

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

He said "Oh you guys know this song.  I guess the more songs we write, the more bootleg records we sell."   Something like that.  Not a direct quote.  But he was not happy about it.

Times have changed.  The only way artists combat it now is to make everyone put their cellphones in locked bags and shit like that.  It's a pain in the ass for them to do it, but some of them do.  If there was an easy way for Axl to do that with the size of the crowds they played for during NITL he probably would have.  But I'm sure at some point in the last ten years he realized it was a losing battle and just gave up.

actually, I dont know if it was the providers, the tower, the venue, but I couldnt do anything on my cell phone during the entire Regina concert this year. Its a new venue so its possible it was the tower and just overloaded but who knows...very few had cell service that I talked to, once the show got underway.

35 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away.

OMFG this is awesome!!!! @FRANSAD this work is for you

On topic: I'm thinking about buying the standard edition of Saskatoon (it's out tomorrow in Japan). For now I only found Japanese bootleggers who overcharge it to send it to Europe (+45%!). If I find a "normal" price, I'll get it so I can help with sharing it, seeding the DVD or whatever... ;)

(standard edition = only the 2CD+1DVD Saskatoon show, no additional Hartford boxset)

7 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

On topic: I'm thinking about buying the standard edition of Saskatoon (it's out tomorrow in Japan). For now I only found Japanese bootleggers who overcharge it to send it to Europe (+45%!). If I find a "normal" price, I'll get it so I can help with sharing it, seeding the DVD or whatever... ;)

(standard edition = only the 2CD+1DVD Saskatoon show, no additional Hartford boxset)

On which sites have you been searching this?

30 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

wow this is truly a great collection of stuff, hope you find someone to digitalize these videos real soon!

@FRANSAD can you do it?

:headbang:

Limulus is the guy who needs to do these transfers just emailed him. This is some serious stuff man!!! Expect a PM soon

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember Fransad did some cool stuff as well but yes Limulus is the boss about encoding and all that time-consuming stuff!

About Japanese sites, you can start with Ohkura's: http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~dobroman/guns.html but he told me he doesn't have Saskatoon in stock, he can just get it from the Yahoo! Japan auctions https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d282070648 (at a +30% overcharge).

4 hours ago, AFDRR said:

If things work out and someone does transfer the tapes, please share any tapes you are willing to as there could be another jem in there somewhere even if you aren’t sure if what you’ve been told is on them is actually on them

Edited by ; D

4 hours ago, AFDRR said:

Holy crap! You have all that? Would love to hear how you got a hold of each. Another 1993 full pro-shot! Wohoo!!

thank you for wanting to share.

1 minute ago, richardbc said:

I was there. My first GnR show in my home town. 20 shows since and on way to Firenze in June for the next one!

What did ya think of it?

13 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Limulus is the guy who needs to do these transfers just emailed him. This is some serious stuff man!!! Expect a PM soon

exactly man, crazy GNR stuff on this list i am so glad it is surfacing :headbang: