This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

38 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I can't stop listening to this. I am utterly shocked with how much I love it. It is one of my favorite Axl vocals, ever. Its so cool. 

Incorporating parts of Robin's solo throughout this could be cool as fuck

i have had it on repeat for several days now.

ive not listened to the same song over and over since the 1986 dont cry demo was officially released in 91 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I can't stop listening to this. I am utterly shocked with how much I love it. It is one of my favorite Axl vocals, ever. Its so cool. 

Incorporating parts of Robin's solo throughout this could be cool as fuck

Y'all crazy. 

I can't help thinking that if Axl had gone for that kind of sound over all and released CD as a solo album, it would have been a triumph!

I'm not saying I prefer this over the released version (I actually don't) but with a clearly different intent and his own name, the legacy question wouldn't have loomed so large.

Edited by Chuzeville

On 6/16/2018 at 10:06 PM, evader said:

As a Bucketheadaholic, it would severely disrupt my chi to work on a Finck solo. On very rare occasions I dabble in Slash stuff, but that's where I draw the line. :lol:

The vocal can definitely be isolated. All it will take is about one hour of work per one second of audio. It is literally a surgical procedure if you want it done right. And, sorry, I'm not the doctor for this particular job.

God damn, pal. So sorry I haven't replied to your email yet. It's on my To Do list. Just been insanely busy of late. 

The remix is better than the album version by a ridiculous margin. I haven't read a lot of the comments in this thread, but would not surprise me if older pure "rawk" fans don't like this version because it is more hip hop/R&B in tone. That's not a criticism of them just an observation, I wouldn't like GNR Dubstep, everybody has their box they are in musically. 

Vocals are better, the overall structure of the song is better, it's catchier. I get people are attached to Robin's solo, but it would be out of place ham fisted into this version which I think is a funny observation because CD as an album seemed to be Axl trying to hamfist a decade worth of parts and overdubs into each song. This version is more cohesive. 

This I Love was not an A level GNR song for me. I don't like the lyrics, vocals, or the arrangements all that much, but this remix version saves it for me. It's very good. 

Edited by gunsnchalupas

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose this is a ''Marmite'' conversation haha.

i thought the whole album in its entirety was a jar of marmite 

you are missing some great music by being a non believer 

On 17/06/2018 at 7:41 AM, MrMojo said:

Was Atlas not supposed to be there instead of TIL but they couldn't fit both due to time restraints on the cd and went with TIL?

Ron said Atlas was meant for CD but didn’t fit. Don’t think it was replaced by TIL, it was just one they wanted to include. 

They switched out a version of Catcher I think. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

The remix is better than the album version by a ridiculous margin. I haven't read a lot of the comments in this thread, but would not surprise me if older pure "rawk" fans don't like this version because it is more hip hop/R&B in tone. That's not a criticism of them just an observation, I wouldn't like GNR Dubstep, everybody has their box they are in musically. 

Vocals are better, the overall structure of the song is better, it's catchier. I get people are attached to Robin's solo, but it would be out of place ham fisted into this version which I think is a funny observation because CD as an album seemed to be Axl trying to hamfist a decade worth of parts and overdubs into each song. This version is more cohesive. 

This I Love was not an A level GNR song for me. I don't like the lyrics, vocals, or the arrangements all that much, but this remix version saves it for me. It's very good. 

CD was seen as the guitar driven rock album for the stadiums. The songs had to be played live.

There was supposedly meant to be a more electronica influenced album with guitars too. I think of Silkworms and If the World like that. 

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

Ron said Atlas was meant for CD but didn’t fit. Don’t think it was replaced by TIL, it was just one they wanted to include. 

They switched out a version of Catcher I think. 

did mr bumble say anything else about any unreleased tracks that never made CD ? 

On 18/06/2018 at 2:54 AM, MrMojo said:

Yeah you're right couldn't put that into words haha, thank you.

It could be true that up to 2006 TIL wasn’t being considered for CD. 

Axl said he didn’t want to do TIL in any shape or form. 

Just now, donny said:

did mr bumble say anything else about any unreleased tracks that never made CD ? 

From memory I think he said he worked on many tracks which weren’t on CD. He also said a lot of the tracks sounded like Scraped, which might hint at Bucket songs. Or Constanzo production which is Scraped and Sorry in 2004. 

Not sure if it was Ron or I think it was Wallace who said he mixed and mastered 30 songs. That’s why when Axl said CD II was done a while ago it makes sense. They wanted to release it the next year 2009. Another theory is the album was taken away from Axl, Tommy said this, at the last minute so maybe he wanted a double release but the label/Best buy just wanted 1 cd. I’m speculating more but maybe Scraped and Sorry were taken off II and harsher songs on CD were switched. Soul Monster and The General seem much heavier. Axl described CD II as meaner, nastier. So maybe it’s less commercial than CD? Atlas is only one that is described as a single. 

4 minutes ago, Axl4ever7 said:

Can somebody replace Axl's This I Love studio vocals with Axl's This I Love remix vocals on the This I Love studio track and see how it sounds?

That would be fairly impossible unfortunately just because we do not have the multitracks from the remix, at most what we could do is add parts of the studio version from the Rock Band multitracks to the remix

I would love to hear this vocal take on the normal studio version though for sure, I really love his vocals on the remix

Aside from the There Was Time screams I think this is perhaps Axl's best studio vocal. 

My dream would be he releases a version with these vocals and the instrumental from the 2008 version but with a studio version of the solo Slash has been doing live.

To me that combination would be mind blowing.

11 hours ago, alcapone_dudu said:

I had the chance to listen to the new vocal for TIL and I think this is the best vocal Axl ever did. I was so blown away that I couldn't find the right words to describe how amazing it is.

Thank you Axl for this.

Thanks also goes out to whoever decided to leak this. I mean, it's been 10 years since we have had an official release of new music.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, gunsnchalupas said:

I haven't read a lot of the comments in this thread, but would not surprise me if older pure "rawk" fans don't like this version because it is more hip hop/R&B in tone.

While I wouldn't be surprised if you're somewhat correct on this, I think it's somewhat fair to say that the most musically interesting era of GNR for me was the Chinese Democracy era (followed by the Illusions era) maybe because there was less of a regard for "rawk" for the sake of "rawk" and more thought of putting the arrangements outside of the the regular rock framework. While I think Appetite is a fucking classic working within that area, I like when bands stretch out and explore. However, I just don't think "This I Love" works well in this hip-hop/whatever framework. Perhaps it's not done and if it were to be released it'd be different though. I'm always willing to give Axl's material a chance and if he did release this one of course I'd listen again with open ears.

• Like 1

I'm not sure at all that the vocal track is rerecorded by Axl. There's reason to believe that Melissa/Brain "redraw" Axls original or some recorded live vocals to fit that song. At least, it's technically possible. The verses may very well been sung in original tuning, but being pitched digitally. My guess is that the vocal track is a 2010 live recording, that been wrought considering the high amount of rasp..

Anyhow, I love this version! And I'm certainly not a hip-hop guy..