This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

15 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone have an estimate on when these Axl vocals were recorded? Is it safe to assume around ‘99 with the rest of CD or was it 2006+?

If I can't recall this song was recorded for the 1998 Robin Williams movie 'What Dreams May Come' and was rejected by the execs. As far as I'm concerned the vocals could have been recorded as early as 96 or 97. Remixed at anytime afterwards.

12 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I'm guessing the vocals were from 1999 IMO. Sounds very similar to the re-recorded Live Era vocals in my opinion. Either way, digging it a lot. 

I'm thinking around this time also. 

His tonality and depth to voice is post 2006 I'd say. Possible it stems from 06-07 period, he was active in the studio around that point.

Could be 09-10, though early in that time period id say. 

My best guess would be 07, it's close to say his Los Angeles voice, but a little Fuller sounding higher up.

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

Definitely.  Madagascar, Better, and Shacklers are the songs on CD that sound to me like the vocal takes could be later than 2002 or so.

Yet we supposedly have a Maddy demo dating back to 2001 with the same vocals, so...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Yet we supposedly have a Maddy demo dating back to 2001 with the same vocals, so...

You're right.  Sounds like it.  Scratch that one, then.  I still, I think there's a strain and age on his voice in the TiL re-mix that is indicative of a later recording date, but, who knows?

Didn’t Axl say he intended to make the beginning vocals “old man” sounding? I believe the vocals are probably 1998 for Madagascar. I could be wrong but that’s just my impression. I do believe parts of vocals were re-recorded from 98-00. I don’t know about anyone else but I would love to hear a studio version with 2001 RIR style vocals only.

52 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

You're right.  Sounds like it.  Scratch that one, then.  I still, I think there's a strain and age on his voice in the TiL re-mix that is indicative of a later recording date, but, who knows?

So do I, I’m just saying Maddy isn’t a good track for comparison’s sake. 

33 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It's somewhat distressing that everything leaking is something old. Where the fuck are Atlas, Checkmate, Soul Monster, ect? 

Probably not circulating, or at least not in the hands of...whatever circle these came from. 

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

The instrumental is cheesy as fuck, having TIL without the guitar solo is criminal :lol: definitely prefer the "heaviest song Axl's written" version that appears on the album over the pop ballad remix.

yeah, I said this before - without the guitar solo it's like castrated. I like both of the versions, but I understand why the album version was picked.

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Probably not circulating, or at least not in the hands of...whatever circle these came from. 

have atlas, jackie chan, the general, cuban skies, going down, soul monster, thyme, tonto, light my fire, monstrosity and silkworms not been circulating in a small group of people since 2011 ? 

9 hours ago, oneway23 said:

My memory is absolutely garbage, but, I remember hearing a story on here, I'd guess around 2007 or so (?), that Axl was one of the first people to book recording time at the then brand-new recording facility at the Palms in Las Vegas.  I don't know if this was around the time that he recorded the vocal tracks for Bach's album or not, but, I think it's pretty clear to me that the vocals on this version were recorded well after most of the vocal takes that ended up on CD.  Hell, most of those didn't change much, if at all, from the versions we've heard that were done between, say, '99 and 2002.  He still had the much younger-sounding voice that he had when he first re-emerged on a lot of the final stuff.  This sounds much later than that, at least to my ears. 

Yeah, it sounds exactly like his 2010 voice. 

3 minutes ago, donny said:

have atlas, jackie chan, the general, cuban skies, going down, soul monster, thyme, tonto, light my fire, monstrosity and silkworms not been circulating in a small group of people since 2011 ? 

as far as I know, only jackie chan n' the general are out there

I forgot about the Dj solos he did for the tours. They could be on the remix album. 

Baz said there was a Axl n Dj song that he heard. What happened to that? Dj said he gave Axl 12 demos. Fortus hinted that him and Dj had worked on things, but Ron hadn’t. I guess in the vault with the rest of the treasure. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

I forgot about the Dj solos he did for the tours. They could be on the remix album. 

IF that Ballad of Death is genuine, maybe. DJ already made a remix of Better, so why not including his instrumental solo. hard to say though, it would probably too far from GNR, not in terms of style, but it was way too much DJ's personal thing. much like Richard's James Bond theme or Pink Panther by BBF (that one was released officially in 2011 and was probably the only song where a majority of GNR members play together since ChiDem)

23 minutes ago, zombux said:

IF that Ballad of Death is genuine, maybe. DJ already made a remix of Better, so why not including his instrumental solo. hard to say though, it would probably too far from GNR, not in terms of style, but it was way too much DJ's personal thing. much like Richard's James Bond theme or Pink Panther by BBF (that one was released officially in 2011 and was probably the only song where a majority of GNR members play together since ChiDem)

It was kind of like Dj’s Godfather theme. If that line up made an album it might be a good intro to a song or something. This remix album is really just a rarities album, remixes, alt versions, unreleased, covers. Maybe if they ever do a deluxe edition of CD, we’ll get CD II and a bonus disc of stuff. But who would actually buy it? Like 30 people? 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

It was kind of like Dj’s Godfather theme. If that line up made an album it might be a good intro to a song or something. This remix album is really just a rarities album, remixes, alt versions, unreleased, covers. Maybe if they ever do a deluxe edition of CD, we’ll get CD II and a bonus disc of stuff. But who would actually buy it? Like 30 people? 

I guess so. the rest will act like crybabies on the forums with "omg zis iz no Gunz, zis is Axel solo proect and sukz"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

I guess so. the rest will act like crybabies on the forums with "omg zis iz no Gunz, zis is Axel solo proect and sukz"

I can’t see people paying 1k for the CD box set. It’s more a record company thing now isn’t it?