This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

Vocals are killer, kudos to Axl.

A side note-

I do think the timing of the leaks are interesting, I have and always will be of the thought that someone in Axls camp has something to do with the leaks. I don't think Axl directly does, in fact I'm sure he hates it. But I do think if someone within the camp knows that these songs will never make an official release they use them as a sort of underground promotion.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

The album version has the right vocals. The 8vae higher just wouldn’t sounds good with the piano and strings.

I like the vocals of the remix better, everything works well together.

The verses in the more mellow voice + going all out in the chorus would have been the perfect blend. :)

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Why do you doubt? 

ChiDem was released in fall 2008. Brain already talked about having made some remixes in April 2009, with some more interviews during 2009 and 2010, the remixes were supposed to be done in 2010, not later. there's not much time to record the "new" vocal track, in my opinion he used older tracks for the remix. my guess is something between 2001 and 2007. of course I might be wrong and indeed the vocal track comes from 2009 or 2010, but I strongly doubt so.

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

ChiDem was released in fall 2008. Brain already talked about having made some remixes in April 2009, with some more interviews during 2009 and 2010, the remixes were supposed to be done in 2010, not later. there's not much time to record the "new" vocal track, in my opinion he used older tracks for the remix. my guess is something between 2001 and 2007. of course I might be wrong and indeed the vocal track comes from 2009 or 2010, but I strongly doubt so.

If it's from before I wonder what version of the song this vocal track came from hahha. 

Then again, was it Beavan who said all the stuff but one song was recorded by the ole uncle in 99? Given TIL goes back to 93, this could be any year really. But yes, it sounds closer to 2010 than anything else. Still, we know shit, as usual. 

5 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@zombux I personally think the only year that Axl had that crazy raspy voice was in 2010. His voice sounds ‘older’ than what he did in, for example, Bach’s album. For me, that’s totally 2010. Just my two cents though.

as I said somewhere else, don't judge by the live sound, it could be totally different in the studio, especially with all those ProTools and shit. this alternate vocal track could still have been heavily manipulated in the studio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Then again, was it Beavan who said all the stuff but one song was recorded by the ole uncle in 99? Given TIL goes back to 93, this could be any year really. But yes, it sounds closer to 2010 than anything else. Still, we know shit, as usual. 

there's a piano solo from 1993, dunno if you heard that.

18 hours ago, default_ said:

Its only interesting because we dont know whats in it. Once we discover Axls vault is full of unfinished Silkworms we'll all get over it. 

We know, theres a possibility nothing complete really exists aside whats already released, OMG, SM and Atlas. 

I’ve long thought that the vault is just full of unfinished demo #143, song idea #18, etc and only a few complete or somewhat complete songs. Wouldn’t surprise me if Atlas, The General, and Checkmate are all there is. 

Yeah, the album version lacked somewhat of an agressive crunch-sorta thing, while the leak is executed in perfection vocally. 

However, there's almost too much going on regarding the vocal take and the hip-hop beat is like a metaphor for a huge timestamp screaming "first half of the 00s" 

So... musically... best of both worlds, I guess 🙄

My memory is absolutely garbage, but, I remember hearing a story on here, I'd guess around 2007 or so (?), that Axl was one of the first people to book recording time at the then brand-new recording facility at the Palms in Las Vegas.  I don't know if this was around the time that he recorded the vocal tracks for Bach's album or not, but, I think it's pretty clear to me that the vocals on this version were recorded well after most of the vocal takes that ended up on CD.  Hell, most of those didn't change much, if at all, from the versions we've heard that were done between, say, '99 and 2002.  He still had the much younger-sounding voice that he had when he first re-emerged on a lot of the final stuff.  This sounds much later than that, at least to my ears. 

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@zombux I personally think the only year that Axl had that crazy raspy voice was in 2010. His voice sounds ‘older’ than what he did in, for example, Bach’s album. For me, that’s totally 2010. Just my two cents though.

He also sounds old in Madagascar...

I think this could be from anytime arround 2000 and 2008

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

He also sounds old in Madagascar...

I think this could be from anytime arround 2000 and 2008

Definitely.  Madagascar, Better, and Shacklers are the songs on CD that sound to me like the vocal takes could be later than 2002 or so.

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

Definitely.  Madagascar, Better, and Shacklers are the songs on CD that sound to me like the vocal takes could be later than 2002 or so.

I would add the middle verses of If the World...

It's amazing what Axl can do with his voice...there's too many choices of singing styles and voices hahahaha what a singer.

He'll be the best singer ever in my world, no matter what.

7 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I would add the middle verses of If the World...

It's amazing what Axl can do with his voice...there's too many choices of singing styles and voices hahahaha what a singer.

He'll be the best singer ever in my world, no matter what.

There will only ever be one Uncle Axl, and, thank the maker for that!  The world could never bear two of him!

Edited by oneway23