This I Love Remix **NO LINKS***

Yeah, I was shitting myself (not serious for those waiting to talk smack) waiting to hear this other version of "This I Love" and I gotta say, wasn't that impressed. His vocal style on the album version makes much more sense than this one. And I bet if this version had come out instead of the one we all know (and in my case, love) and then this one leaked we'd all be happy that Axl toned down his histrionic vocals on this version and that the song rightly got the "November Rain" treatment it deserved with strings and guitar solo.

So yeah, Axl got this one right in 2008. Just my opinion.

I also gotta say, even though the rasp is a big part of what makes Axl's vocals great, I think some here fetishize it to a ridiculous extent, even praising it when it's used in places where it doesn't fit (like this version of "This I Love").

Edited by sweetdudejim5
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, tremolo said:

This is a remix though, it’s not a version that was considered to be placed instead of the original TIL.

Whoever worked on this remix (Brain?), grabbed previously recorded tracks (vocal take 472926373), added their own stuff and voila!

I understand that. But I'm just saying that many people may just be excited cuz its new to them. And after the dust settles they may realize that the other one is much better.

The album version is truly horrendous. I cannot believe that I actually like this. It just demonstrates that a production can bugger up a song. Yes, the music has been done with a casio keyboard but listen to that vocal! 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

This is a remix though, it’s not a version that was considered to be placed instead of the original TIL.

Whoever worked on this remix (Brain?), grabbed previously recorded tracks (vocal take 472926373), added their own stuff and voila!

yep, plus I also think he used the same orchestrations as used on the album version

26 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

How is this confirmed to be the case?

Jackie Chan - not confirmed, it's just a guess that DJ Razz had more than the leaked excerpt

The General - sort of confirmed, there's a very low quality cellphone recording that comes from some VIP listening party, about 2 minutes long, including parts of Silkworms and The General. based on what I know, the quality is shit and not much can be judged from parts of an unfinished song - there's some guitar solo and vocals, but the quality is so bad that no lyrics can be recognized, only vocal melody. but it exists, confirmed to me by multiple people (I don't have it)

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Strange that people would even hold on to a crappy clip lol

it just shows how desperate this fanbase is. count with me: how many new songs were revealed, leaked, or otherwise made known since late 2008? that's right, ZERO. yeah, maybe one (Going Down - but that one was still an older demo), but still that's so fucked up that it's not even remotely funny

4 hours ago, tremolo said:

But if all the talk surrounding CD is true, it would be a way more exciting release than the AFD crap box that has nothing really exciting in terms of music.

The musical content of a CD box would be worth some good bucks. It was what... 15 years of creative roll. That’s where the value is at, not in temporary tattoos.

I just think the stigma around the lime up decreases its appeal. But maybe that won’t matter. A deluxe edition might happen eventually. But some material still seems in the mix for a real album. 

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

I don’t know if it would be a hit... as you say, that lineup “isn’t guns n roses” would play a big factor, but also we are so starved for music that even out of curiosity people would listen to it, even if it is to say it sucks.

I don’t think it will ever happen, maybe the closest will be an album with some of those songs re-recorded with slash and duff.

Yeah it’s obviously hard to release CD era stuff on the Slash and Duff reunion tour.

rec companies are logical. I think even with the 1k AFD boxset if they sell 1,000 copies that’s more than a cd will make? 

So maybe UYI boxset, CD boxset is a valid option for rec company. 

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

what exactly don't you understand of **NO LINKS***?

I’ve been off most the day but didn’t they give permission for YouTube links? Since that’s a “their problem” and not “ours”? Unless someone posted a actual download link and it was already removed, if so ignore me haha.

Edited by Grayfox

I've only listened to the remix once knowing advance that my biggest gripe was going to be the missing solo. I wasn't totally loving the vocals like I thought I would either. Overall, I'd say I'm happier with the album version.

• Like 1

I like the phrasing and melody of the vocals better on the remix, I can agree the vocals as they are probably wouldn't fit particularly well with the album track but whatever. I'd like to hear the vocal track to the remix over the album version anyway.

3 hours ago, Stro said:

I like the phrasing and melody of the vocals better on the remix, I can agree the vocals as they are probably wouldn't fit particularly well with the album track but whatever. I'd like to hear the vocal track to the remix over the album version anyway.

tought about that yesternight...Maybe @evader can help us out.

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've only listened to the remix once knowing advance that my biggest gripe was going to be the missing solo. I wasn't totally loving the vocals like I thought I would either. Overall, I'd say I'm happier with the album version.

and then on the opposite side you have Blood in the Water, which basically stripped everything and only left the mindblowing guitar soloing. 

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

And what do you think about SOD and TWAT demo?

21 minutes ago, zombux said:

and then on the opposite side you have Blood in the Water, which basically stripped everything and only left the mindblowing guitar soloing. 

I don't think I've ever heard anything of that other than a very small clip? 

18 minutes ago, valengf said:

And what do you think about SOD and TWAT demo?

I've posted my thoughts on those in their threads. Liked what I heard of both.