Sign the Petition "Izzy Stradlin: Play us one concert"

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

you can actually help make it happen.

Not in GN'R, you can't.

If it's ever gonna happen again, it'll be because the key players involved want it to happen. If they aren't interested, nothing is going to force their hand. Not even the fans. And that's the truth.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Him being one of the main songwriters of the classic catalogue, I doubt money is an actual issue for Izzy. He probably just wants fairness. I wonder what was agreed on for the CD tour appereances and how that came about. So glad I got to see him perform with Axl back then at least once. To me Axl/Izzy is much more important than Axl/Slash but I understand I'm probably in the minority about that. 

Not so sure about that.  "They wouldn't split the loot equally"  and "FP Money" pretty much means money does have a lot to do with why he's not in the reunion.

10 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Not so sure about that.  "They wouldn't split the loot equally"  and "FP Money" pretty much means money does have a lot to do with why he's not in the reunion.

Sure, but I don't think he needs it. His position is a little different than say Richard's. Both valuable musicians, but one is a legendary songwriter and the other one is a hired hand with not a single note of music or just one lyric to acually show up for in this band. Guess who deserves more money by any common standard? I doubt Izzy would come out of Izzyland for nothing, and if he really felt like touring much he could put together an all star band any time. I believe he would have done this reunion for GNR and even contributed to a new album, but he probably doesn't put up with the least amount of bullshit anymore and just wants fairness and clarity.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tony adler said:

The dude doesn’t like to play live , 

Again with this stupid myth? Izzy never said he doesn't like playing live... why wouldn't he? What he doesn't/didn't like was all the bullshit around big tours and RNR star fuckery and whatnot. And honestly, who can blame him??? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The guy has been living the life of a 70 year old retiree since his early 30s. He travels, he makes music when he feels like it, and god knows what else he does with his free time, but playing live isn't one of them.

Still doesn't mean he doesn't like playing live. It's an assumption, and extrapolation, if you will.

If we're playing this game, I'd like to believe he LOVES playing gigs... when they're done PROPERLY. 

Edited by AncientEvil80

49 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Again with this stupid myth? Izzy never said he doesn't like playing live... why wouldn't he? What he doesn't/didn't like was all the bullshit around big tours and RNR star fuckery and whatnot. And honestly, who can blame him??? 

It's not only that. He could have toured solo, but there have been various issues.

Info on Izzy's touring history post GnR:

http://www.izzyontour.com/OnTour.htm

He was also going to play with the New York Dolls around 2000 but for some reason he didn't do it in the end.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Still doesn't mean he doesn't like playing live. It's an assumption, and extrapolation, if you will.

If we're playing this game, I'd like to believe he LOVES playing gigs... when they're done PROPERLY. 

This would be the same as saying it's just an assumption that Axl doesn't like to release music. To me, it sounds just silly.

If Izzy loves touring or playing live and if Axl loves releasing new music, they are damn good at hiding it.

• Like 3

I signed it. Why not? Nothing to lose but a lot to gain. I honestly would rather Izzy play a solo gig with his usual guys (Rick Richards, Taz Bentley, JT Longoria). His solo material is great stuff and to hear a lot of it live for the first time would be killer. At this point, I've heard the GNR songs way too many times and am kind of tired of them. I would prefer something new.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Then why doesn't he do it? He probably likes playing live, like most musicians, but clearly not enough to go out and do it. How many times has he played live in the last 25 years? Not a lot. He could do it with his own band, on his own terms, but for whatever reason he chooses not to.

• Like 1

Ancient evil: yes I see you’re point, he almost died from drugs and cleaned himself up and stuck with it, very proud of him for that, he had to put his life first before the band and it must have been hell

On a side note, has anyone been to axl and izzy’s Home town ( Lafayette)? I really want to go and check out that pizza place axl loves

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

I signed it. Why not? Nothing to lose but a lot to gain. I honestly would rather Izzy play a solo gig with his usual guys (Rick Richards, Taz Bentley, JT Longoria). His solo material is great stuff and to hear a lot of it live for the first time would be killer. At this point, I've heard the GNR songs way too many times and am kind of tired of them. I would prefer something new.

Those are some great reasons for signing! Thank you  :heart: