Slash: Richard Fortus Brought Out Some of My Best Guitar Playing. He's Awesome

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I think Slash wanted Fortus in his band before he joined Guns. Where was he in 96?

I read somewhere that Slashs management wanted him as the first SMKC rhythm guitarist, but he was busy with GNR, so the guy before frank (can't remember his name) got the job

32 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I read somewhere that Slashs management wanted him as the first SMKC rhythm guitarist, but he was busy with GNR, so the guy before frank (can't remember his name) got the job

He seems the perfect fit for GNR, Slash can play with him and he can write with Axl. 

Fortus: Hey Slash! Good news, I'm in town today

Slash: Yeah, whatever dude

Fortus: I've got nothing to do tonight so I thought I'll... 

Slash: Oh yeah, no problem. I'll put your name on the guest list

Fortus: Wait, I thought I can...

Slash: Ok dude, my managment will give you a backstage pass

Fortus: Oh no, I thought I'll surprise the crowd 

Slash: What?!...

Fortus: Yeah I'll make a guest appearance onstage! That's gonna be huge! 

Slash: Eh I don't know man, you're great but...

Fortus: I know man. That's cool, I'm gonna play the gig with you guys. That will be awesome!

Slash: Uhh... I don't think you know the songs dude.

Fortus: Oh don't worry I can play everything 

Slash: O...ok. You can play Rocket Queen with us.

Fortus: Oh and I can play...

Slash: Rocket Queen's enough mate.

Fortus: Yeah cool! Rocket Queen man. 

Later this evening...

Slash: Hey guys. There's this dude from GNR. Richard what's his name? He'll join us onstage tonight... 

Guys: ... oh ok... however 

Seriously...how old are some of you.

I mean, what is poor Slash supposed to say, 'I fuckin' hate him and I would play with Iz and Gilby any day rather than him'?

I mean...it is all said on stage. Slash and Duff clearly have no lost love for either Frank, Fortus or Melissa, but it is what it is until Axl realises... Period.  Would it be for Slash, you  woulld defintely have 2/4, Iz/Gilby and Matt/Adler

• Like 1

People here seems to be a little mental about the whole Fortus thing lol So, because he isnt Izzy or GILBY Slash cant like him?

What r you guys expecting? Slash hugging and kissing Fortus onstage to prove they like each other? Cause if so, he probably hates his solo band too.

None of these guys needs to do fanservice to moist little girls (and some boys lol) anymore. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, default_ said:

People here seems to be a little mental about the whole Fortus thing lol So, because he isnt Izzy or GILBY Slash cant like him?

What r you guys expecting? Slash hugging and kissing Fortus onstage to prove they like each other? Cause if so, he probably hates his solo band too.

None of these guys needs to do fanservice to moist little girls (and some boys lol) anymore. 

Actually...No. It is enough to see Slash has 0 - ZERO interaction with him for 3 years. Enough said, right!?  On need to be ironic.