Slash Interview with Revolver: Axl said, "Let's try Slither." & Talks AFD Box-set

Gordon Comstock

5 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

My favorite part of the interview: "Then we're going to start looking at what the next step is going to be."

For the sake of being optimistic.....

three Guns N' Roses studio records have been released in the month of November: GN'R Lies (1988), The Spaghetti Incident? (1993), and Chinese Democracy (2008).

As an outsider to the band's inner workings, I have no idea if they may sneak out a new song or two as they wrap up their tour obligations in November. Still, I think there remains a possibility of something new, like an actual physical EP. I'd find it hard to believe that the band didn't at least try to compose some new material over the last two and a half years. It would be a hell of a pleasant surprise.

3 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

three Guns N' Roses studio records have been released in the month of November: GN'R Lies (1988), The Spaghetti Incident? (1993), and Chinese Democracy (2008).

As an outsider to the band's inner workings, I have no idea if they may sneak out a new song or two as they wrap up their tour obligations in November. Still, I think there remains a possibility of something new, like an actual physical EP. I'd find it hard to believe that the band didn't at least try to compose some new material over the last two and a half years. It would be a hell of a pleasant surprise.

Don't get your hopes up.

That's Guns N' Roses man, they don't surprise with early releases.

22 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I don't find it hard to believe. This tour has shown me nothing other than the Big 3 cashin' in big time on a 20-30 year old catalog ... 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:02 AM, WhazUp said:

Thanks for typing that out!  So that definitely confirms the remix, as well as to me dispels the theory that there were re-recorded parts because I would assume they would have said "additional recording and mix by... in 2018", so sorry Steven that is indeed you on drums :lol:

I still call BS on that, even though they all claim it's original.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:10 AM, ludurigan said:

it doesnt say: additional guitars by Slash, 2018

Yup

On 9/25/2018 at 11:12 AM, ludurigan said:

are you inside his mind to know that?

It's more that him spending much of the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s addicted to heroin, plus the natural progression of time means that his recollection of events isn't going to be 100% accurate. I feel the same way regarding Slash and Duff's books, for the most part, too.

The remaster does sound awesome but I really wish they released a dry mix taking out all the reverb. A dry version of Mr. Brownstone was a b side to something and it sounds like it was recorded yesterday.

side note, I’m pretty meh on the slash solo stuff but the production on those albums are killer. They sound awesome.