New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

2 hours ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

It's called 4k & it's already here!  I honestly didn't know people still bought regular DVDs. That's crazy you still have dvd stores. Can you get VHS & betamax there?!?

You'll have to upgrade your television to a 4k set for that though.

Everyone has a HDTV by this point. You should take full advantage of it by actually watching HD content on it. :lol:

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I've got 100s of DVDs but only 3 Blu Rays: two special editions of films I've already got on DVD bought only for the extended cuts, bonus features etc, and another film that I just couldn't find on DVD. I noticed literally no difference in quality.

What BD's do you have? its hard to believe you can't notice a difference.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 3

I'm the only one who likes Live records? I'm a big fan of live albums because i can use my imagination. As 14 years old I bought the Live Era thing. I knew the band only through pictures and some music videos i saw. No Internet, no youtube.  I can remember days when I listened to the album in full length in bed or nude on the balcony to sunbathe. I closed my eyes, listened to the album through headphones and imagined the concert. Although a lot of things were rerecorded but at that time it was not known .. at least for me. I have so much memory. A new live album would be nice. I am old, but I would use the album anyway to lay naked on the balcony and listen to the new live album with headphones. Imagine how I am at the concert and see an Axl without hat, no belly, long hair and bandana. My imagination can do that. The DVD can't do that

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Caedo said:

I fail to see the point of a live album unless it's done as a DVD. We've already got Live Era, and this would just be like that but with worse vocals. I'd still prefer it to nothing of course, though

For me, I have always loved live albums.  Live Era to me represents a certain time period of GNR, mostly the Illusions (with '99 Era Axl).  To me collecting different shows from different eras of bands - for example like collecting Pearl Jam bootlegs based on "era" (early 90's with Dave A. on drums, Jack Irons 95 through 98, Matt Cameron to now) all are interesting to jam out to for different reasons no matter the overlap in songs.

Personally I can see a BluRay/CD combo being the most likely option anyways, however I definitely think there is merit in GNR releasing a live album as a documentation of this era and this landmark tour for them

6 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm the only one who likes Live records?

I love them!  To me the more live albums the better

5 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

What BD's do you have? its hard to believe you can't notice a difference.

Recent special editions of Carrie, The Shining and Hausu. I mean yeah, they're remastered from the original films and packed with goodies, but quality-wise nothing I can't get on a DVD. I wouldn't know if it's any better for more recent movies, though.

And don't get me started on HD/4K/whatever movies at the cinema. Blurry as shit. The last few movies I saw at the cinema, I couldn't see a thing during action/high movement scenes. I definitely would have no interest in watching a concert film that looked like that.

I'm happy to stick with what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Recent special editions of Carrie, The Shining and Hausu. I mean yeah, they're remastered from the original films and packed with goodies, but quality-wise nothing I can't get on a DVD. I wouldn't know if it's any better for more recent movies, though.

And don't get me started on HD/4K/whatever movies at the cinema. Blurry as shit. The last few movies I saw at the cinema, I couldn't see a thing during action/high movement scenes. I definitely would have no interest in watching a concert film that looked like that.

I'm happy to stick with what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :lol:

You probably need to see an eye doctor :o 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think there might be a serious issues with your eye sight lol

1 hour ago, default_ said:

You probably need to see an eye doctor :o 

:lol: I can't speak for their eyesight, but the people I was at the cinema with said the same thing as me.

I used to have HD TV channels but they just looked weird so I got rid of them. I remember when HD TVs became the new thing and seeing all the display TVs in store and thinking "meh..."

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

In the UK at least, Blu Ray is easily available but nowhere near as common as DVDs. You can get an entire store of DVDs but only a small Blu Ray section.

I've got 100s of DVDs but only 3 Blu Rays: two special editions of films I've already got on DVD bought only for the extended cuts, bonus features etc, and another film that I just couldn't find on DVD. I noticed literally no difference in quality.

It's impossible to see no difference at all. Blu-rays are far superior to DVDs, like @-W.A.R-said. The quality of the video is 1080p instead of 480. The only reasons i can think of why you don't see any difference are: a) you're using RCA- or SCART-cables instead of a hdmi one, b) the settings of your gear or c) you need glasses

Btw i'd love to get a live album of the tour, but it has to be released on video too 'cause the tour was about seeing Axl, Slash and Duff on one stage again. 

Edited by BadApples99
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

In the UK at least, Blu Ray is easily available but nowhere near as common as DVDs. You can get an entire store of DVDs but only a small Blu Ray section.

Have you been to the Ophthalmologist lately?

• Like 1

I honestly don’t have any interest in a live album just because I don’t feel like listening to the same songs for the millionth time, in any form. Same reason I had no real interest in the AFD box set. WTTJ is still WTTJ whether it’s the album version, a remaster, a live version, or a demo. Same with SOYL.

Really only interested in brand new songs at this point. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, BadApples99 said:

It's impossible to see no difference at all. Blu-rays are far superior to DVDs, like @-W.A.R-said. The quality of the video is 1080p instead of 480. The only reasons i can think of why you don't see any difference are: a) you're using RCA- or SCART-cables instead of a hdmi one, b) the settings of your gear or c) you need glasses

I think the real reason is because I just don't care enough. :lol:

• Like 2