New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Just now, Sydney Fan said:

I sometimes wonder if he is playing certain parts to add something good to the song or the fact hes bored with the setlist. Hes been  in the band for a number of years and basically been on numerous CD tours with the same setlist. There must be alot of boredom in his mind which would show in the playing out of frustration.

Not sure but after 2 1/2 years he never grew on me.  I don't like the way he plays songs like Don't Cry and Used To Love Her.. I don't think his leads on KOHD and Rocket Queen fit the songs at all. I still don't think he meshes well with Slash.  I think you need to make up for Axl's voice with a a great band and Frank and Fortus just don't do that. Thank God for Slash.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rapidfire said:

He seems to be a cool and down to earth guy. I think he's just grateful for Axl to include him in the band even when they didn't need him back in the 90s. As long as he's able to play Pretty Tied Up with Hookers & Blow, he's a happy man!

sure not everyone people have great ambition, he is thankeful for this place he has with the band.

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not sure but after 2 1/2 years he never grew on me.  I don't like the way he plays songs like Don't Cry and Used To Love Her.. I don't think his leads on KOHD and Rocket Queen fit the songs at all. I still don't think he meshes well with Slash.  I think you need to make up for Axl's voice with a a great band and Frank and Fortus just don't do that. Thank God for Slash.

Well ill be honest, if slash wasnt in the band i would not have forked out 400.00 when i saw them in feb last year. I have xmas present for a skmc ticket when they tour here in Jan.So the question would be if richard left the band and izzy wasnt a contender for rythym guitar, who could mesh with slash?.. I would say gilby if it were possible. Who else could mesh with slash?.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's not a recent thing for me either.

Back in NuGuns he used to slaughter the first solo for Nov Rain. Made an absolute mess of it.

He also couldn't handle the rhythm guitar on Patience - sounded terrible!

I think he can mimic other's playing OK but when he adds his own style it sounds shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DK6 said:

What's the likelihood of This I Love being left off?

Nice idea though!

You'd need a 3rd Disc just for RQ and KOHD!

I’m not really sure on the tracklisting. This I Love would probably be on there, Madagascar wouldn’t. 

Just trying to think how to make it a  fun single album. But the whole show will probably come out. Maybe more like a Live Era 2 type thing. 

Why put out all the same songs as GH and Live era when they could put together something that captures that NITL in 14 tracks. Maybe add Out ta Get me and Michelle with Steven.

The Seeker, Wichita and Coma are the singles. 

NITL Live 2016-18

It’s So Easy

Chinese Democracy

The Seeker

Estranged

Double Talking Jive

This I Love

Coma

Wichita Lineman

Slither

New Rose

Out Ta Get Me

Shadow of your Love

Better

Black Hole Sun

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’m not really sure on the tracklisting. This I Love would probably be on there, Madagascar wouldn’t. 

Just trying to think how to make it a  fun single album. But the whole show will probably come out. Maybe more like a Live Era 2 type thing. 

Why put out all the same songs as GH and Live era when they could put together something that captures that NITL in 14 tracks. Maybe add Out ta Get me and Michelle with Steven.

NITL Live 2016-18

It’s So Easy

Chinese Democracy

The Seeker

Estranged

Double Talking Jive

This I Love

Coma

Wichita Lineman

Slither

New Rose

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Better

Madagascar

I agree mate. I'm definitely with you on this.

I don't feel like i need another release of all the songs we've already got!

48 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I agree mate. I'm definitely with you on this.

I don't feel like i need another release of all the songs we've already got!

I know we’ve got versions of these songs but CD songs with Slash is interesting, some of the covers aren’t officially released like The Seeker snd Wichita. Then Double and Coma were interesting additions for NITL. Estranged isn’t on GH either. Steven plays on Out ta get Me. Shadow live is of interest. 

So you can patch together a fun live album that gives you a snapshot of NITL tour. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

I know we’ve got versions of these songs but CD songs with Slash is interesting, some of the covers aren’t officially released like The Seeker snd Wichita. Then Double and Coma were interesting additions for NITL. Estranged isn’t on GH either. Steven plays on Out ta get Me. Shadow live is of interest. 

So you can patch together a fun live album that gives you a snapshot of NITL tour. 

Definitely!

The CD songs (with slash), covers and shadow are the closest thing to new music we can get these days.

The most interesting thing in the NITL tour to me has been Slash working on the CD songs. 

2 hours ago, DK6 said:

Definitely!

The CD songs (with slash), covers and shadow are the closest thing to new music we can get these days.

The most interesting thing in the NITL tour to me has been Slash working on the CD songs. 

Maybe the wizards can work their shadowy studio magic. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 9:14 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I would buy that but only for the Blu Ray..  If it was a Live Album from the classic era I would be all over it. Even if it was just a remastered Ritz...

Never a bad option.. In this case I would like to see a Blu Ray with appearances all over the works that show how the excitement of the whole tour. 

who cares about the ritz . 

whisky a go go , trouadour , cathouse 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

NITL Live 2016-18

It’s So Easy

Chinese Democracy

The Seeker

Estranged

Double Talking Jive

This I Love

Coma

Wichita Lineman

Slither

New Rose

Out Ta Get Me

Shadow of your Love

Better

Black Hole Sun

I agree stevens shows should be included.

If against all odds we got a new studio album, I hope Axl puts out some lyrics  to the standard set on UYI. Paranoid, introspective, angry slices of genius, fair enough; the themes may be different - he is 30 years older, but that level of quality is what I would love to see. CD only really had TWAT with any kind of lyrical quality IMO, there were some other flourishes, but the writing was a step down from UYI overall.

Slash can still roll out the killer riffs, he just needs a voice that is not Myles Kennedy to have his music paired with. Duff is as good or better than he was back when they last recorded so no concerns there. I am sure Richard could contribute some nice guitar work, maybe Frank can surprise us all when he is not playing someone else's grooves...

If Axl plays to his current vocal strengths, it could be something pretty cool 

/daydream

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well ill be honest, if slash wasnt in the band i would not have forked out 400.00 when i saw them in feb last year. I have xmas present for a skmc ticket when they tour here in Jan.So the question would be if richard left the band and izzy wasnt a contender for rythym guitar, who could mesh with slash?.. I would say gilby if it were possible. Who else could mesh with slash?.

Gilby, Bobby Schneck, Frank from his current band. His playing seems to excel to another level with those guys.

12 hours ago, DK6 said:

It's not a recent thing for me either.

Back in NuGuns he used to slaughter the first solo for Nov Rain. Made an absolute mess of it.

He also couldn't handle the rhythm guitar on Patience - sounded terrible!

I think he can mimic other's playing OK but when he adds his own style it sounds shit.

Agree with that. He does fine on songs like Out Ta Get Me and Nightrain when he stays on script. 

7 hours ago, 80309561 said:

who cares about the ritz . 

whisky a go go , trouadour , cathouse 

I care about the Ritz. It is my favorite show of all time.  But I did say even if it was "just" the Ritz because we have all seen it. Would still love a full remaster of the whole show. I would love anything from the Appetite 87/88 tour really.  

• Like 2

If Slash couldn't even ''play'' and was considered a ''bad joke'' then this tour must have been the shittest tour ever as Rose certainly cannot sing, and it is not Melissa jumping around a keyboard people turn up for. Seriously, I didn't attend but Slash would have been my sole reason for going if I had attended.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Every person that thinks a live album would have awful Axl vocals, did you somehow forget about the 2016 US run lol

He had some good shows in 2016 but even those were consistent the whole way through. There were hardly any songs that he sounded good the whole way through.. He just sounded good for these days.. Mickey was still every where.. Songs like Sweet Child, Rocket Queen(except maybe Houston), Paradise City were almost always awful.. The End of COMA was always terrible,. The high parts of Estranged and Civil War aren't very good. Yesterday's awful... Jungle was always good but he never sounded good through the whole song. You would really have to sift through every show and find his best rendition of every song. 

• Like 2