New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Is a live album really  commercially viable in 2018? Sure, the hardcore fans will buy it. I can't see more casual fans doing so, even if there is bonus studio material. I would think they would be better off selling individual shows without much if any marketing like Pearl Jam. 

22 minutes ago, bax said:

Is a live album really  commercially viable in 2018? Sure, the hardcore fans will buy it. I can't see more casual fans doing so, even if there is bonus studio material. I would think they would be better off selling individual shows without much if any marketing like Pearl Jam. 

Tons of people have seen them recently enough that a NITL live album would do well, as a commemorative thing. I think casual fans would give it a listen, but they'd have to include a blu-ray and/or bonus tracks on some kind of 'special edition' to get people to buy it. Otherwise most people will just stream it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I think the real question is if they win the best box set for the Grammy's who collects the award and will it be televised? And on top of that would they perform? AC/DC did a few years ago Guns should

update: maybe slash is on tour with Myles during the award date

That category isn't televised. AC/DC had a tour to promote, so I don't see Guns performing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

Duff's wife recently hashtagged doublealbum live.  IMO, This sucks, a live album is only good for new better intro, nothing else.

Not the fact that this will be a documentation of the first tour featuring Slash and Duff since 1993?  I would be very happy if a well mixed, great looking Bluray was released from this tour

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

As long as it's from 2016...

i hope... it must be 2016! Don't like the 2017 - 2018 rasp.. it was shaky. Listen to some 2016 videos.. his rasp was very good. The Soundboards of Coachella sounds amazing. Remember some guy posted that a never heard live version of Paradise City was played in a radio? I believe him and i pretty sure it's 2016

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

I think we may be likely to hear something on the new duff lp firstly if we are lucky. A gnr song on there to start with. Duff would of been recording on the road with those guys and you never know whats happened with all of them together in the same space during touring and duff recording.

27 minutes ago, vloors said:

I think we may be likely to hear something on the new duff lp firstly if we are lucky. A gnr song on there to start with. Duff would of been recording on the road with those guys and you never know whats happened with all of them together in the same space during touring and duff recording.

If the three of them recorded a song together they wouldn't be putting it on a solo record that won't receive a lot of press in mainstream circles

• Like 2

I'd take whatever she posted with a grain of salt, since it's hard to decipher and she isn't necessarily an insider. :lol: A 2-disc live album makes sense, for some reason the context reminded me of KISS's Double Platinum greatest hits 2LP.

Guys...that #doublealbum BS, that’s clearly an inside joke. Those other two in the picture are one of Duff’s daughters and her boyfriend. It’s probably them joking about going on a double date or something stupid like that. But it clearly looks like an inside joke so I wouldn’t claim anything based on that caption.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I'd take whatever she posted with a grain of salt, since it's hard to decipher and she isn't necessarily an insider. :lol: A 2-disc live album makes sense, for some reason the context reminded me of KISS's Double Platinum greatest hits 2LP.

She's Duff's wife, I don't think you can get much more inside :lol: 

Double live album would be fairly cool. Would keep fans happy while they record a studio album. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

If it' really a double (live) Album, there's hope for more than just one Studio recording on it. .. 

If it’s a double album, I don’t even have hope that it’s a full NITL show - CD’s run 80 minutes, so two discs is a maximum of 2 hrs 40 mins. 

In 2015 Susan and her friend actually said something about GN’R getting back together  when it was still just a rumor. So it wouldn’t be surprising if she just did the same thing with that post. 

All I know is, I would listen to a live album, but it doesn’t excite me.

• Like 3