New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

On 12/11/2018 at 7:59 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't even think they sold DVD's anymore.  Blu Ray is by far better quality wise.

DVDs still outsell blurays by a pretty significant margin, and streaming has eaten into blus saturation as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Propaganda said:

The last time they threw us with a live album compilation (The real band that is), it was a Goodbye to the Classic Band cd for the fans.

The last time New GnR did a live album, it ended up being a goodbye, since the band split up not too long after, and a semi-reunion happened.

It's hard for me to believe that they will release a live album. Historically it doesn't make sense, and how much market is there for a third live album with the same songs on Live Era and on Appetite for Democracy ?? I honestly don't see it happening.

I don't think that cover thing is true either.

For 2019 I expect that they will announce more tour dates, and maybe a new album at the end of the year 2019, or a Greatest Hits around that same time, if the new album release fails. I could be wrong, but that's what I think will happen.

I think the Eagles reunion record Hell Freezes Over was a live album. 

I think they have to strike while the iron is hot for NITL live album. The songs are somewhat different and you get to see Axl and Slash together on blu ray. 

It might be the end of that era. With a new album coming. But this moment in GNR history needs to be marked with a release. 

Right now everyone has been to the show, will buy the NITL blu ray. Wait 5-10 years it will just be for collectors. 

I bought U2’s 360 tour dvd to see what was up. It’s a huge spectacle. 

I can see it happening. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Who cares if you have a clean picture and decent sound, both of which DVDs possess? Some people don't give a shit about any of this technology garbage.

If you're watching movies on a monochrome television set then I think you don't have to worry about blu rays or 4k technology 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Let’s all remember this is GNR so prepare for disappointment. 

Like the countdown that led to mass removals from YouTube then charging $1000 for the said stuff. 

So crazy that a record label would want to make money on their own material rather than give away low quality versions of it for free.  Absolutely Shocking.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

So crazy that a record label would want to make money on their own material rather than give away low quality versions of it for free.  Absolutely Shocking.  

Agreed favorite part of the afd release was the piano demo of November rain, after listening to the low quality one on YouTube for so long it was amazing to hear such a high quality version of it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don’t get why everything with this band is so cryptic, why the secrecy about everything, it’s only a band.

Lol it is clearly in reference to new 4k hd tv's, and the concept of.... "REAL LIFE, looking at a beach, in person", as opposed to watching tv. The post in essence, is saying, "this view of the beach is MY 4k hd tv".  Funny how people are looking for a hidden meaning lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The only point I was trying to make is that we shouldn’t expect anything new, realistically. If we do, great!

And I think it’s very clear how the band feels about making money. 

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Perhaps if they made the material available in high quality formats, officially, people wouldn't want to consume it via low quality versions for free? 

I'd much rather spend money on getting physical copies of things (as would most fans) - but that option isn't there. 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Guys. There will be another album. There will be new releases. There will be another tour. And a lot will be happening next year. The writing is all over the place.  Let’s not get our panties in a bunch and focus on being excited as to what’s next. 

Instant Gratification Start NOW!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I believe the same...we’ll get something new I hope sometime next year.

I think Axl getting along with Slash is the only reason this will happen. 

If they miss, it’s shared responsability. I think Axl has resisted releasing new stuff, because I think this partial reunion has been in the works for a while. They tried, they succeded getting along at least as working mates...now they’re gonna take the next step.

I hope I am proved right soon.

There’s focus on new material. Whether that be old stuff that will be re-recorded by the current lineup as well as new tracks. Combined with some live releases and more touring. Not being cryptic, but like I said the writing is all over the place. Nobody thought this was going to last. Nobody. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Guys. There will be another album. There will be new releases. There will be another tour. And a lot will be happening next year. The writing is all over the place.  Let’s not get our panties in a bunch and focus on being excited as to what’s next. 

Good one. 😂

• Like 2