New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Despite there being no firm release date, I really wish the GNR official site would start taking pre-orders for the new album now that Fortus let the cat out of the bag that "sometime soon" is the word. Like many other fans, I'd rest a lot easier knowing that I don't have to camp out in long lines and fight with others to get my copy come release day.

I’m thinking that right now, everyone is motivated to do new music, the main question is: Can Slash and Duff come to an agreement with Axl because I really can’t see him wanting to scrap everything he’s worked on for so long just to start fresh... for this reason alone I think that we may get some sort of hybrid two part thing like UYI. Just so they can kind of wipe the slate clean. Put out the best parts of the CD leftovers(with or without slash and duff) and some new stuff with this lineup. I’m sure the record label are all over them about it because they know it’s gonna be $$$$

19 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Put out the best parts of the CD leftovers(with or without slash and duff) and some new stuff with this lineup. I’m sure the record label are all over them about it because they know it’s gonna be $$$$

I wonder if when Universal is frequently pleading with Team Lebeis for their release, if they actually refer to these tracks as the Chinese leftovers. I also wonder, assuming the rumors were true, if the label kicks themselves now for rejecting these same leftovers a decade and a half ago. If only they knew then what they know now.

Edited by todreamofwolves

12 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I wonder if when Universal is frequently pleading with Team Lebeis for their release, if they actually refer to these tracks as the Chinese leftovers. I also wonder, assuming the rumors were true, if the label kicks themselves now for rejecting these same leftovers a decade and a half ago. If only they knew then what they know now.

Good point, I don’t think that the label saw gnr without slash as bankable back then. I’d bet they’ve changed their tune now lol

6 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

Despite there being no firm release date, I really wish the GNR official site would start taking pre-orders for the new album now that Fortus let the cat out of the bag that "sometime soon" is the word. Like many other fans, I'd rest a lot easier knowing that I don't have to camp out in long lines and fight with others to get my copy come release day.

"Sometime soon" has been the word during every NITL-related interview he's done

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RageKage said:

Well I do. But as you can imagine I won't say who. But his information has been accurate. (Duff solo album for example)

Even if you're right, if Chinese Democracy has taught us anything it should be that plans change. Personally I won't believe there's a new GnR album until it's in my CD player. And even then I'll be sceptical and assume I might wake up soon. Sorry, but this band has been such a perfect shitstorm for the past 25 years that I don't get excited about anything until it's actually out. 

• Like 2

I think i'm cautiously optimistic cause Axl can decide something and then change his mind. until at least a release date a lot of shit needs to happen musically and commercially. hopefully I'm way off and they'll do something cool like a movie soundtrack, an ep, or a full album in 2020 but I don't see that happening. Axl most recent position is soon is still not the word. he would at least have to share some new information himself before I would think a new album of original material is imminent or even just one new song released.

10 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

Fortus has been saying new music ever since he joined the band.

9 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

If CD sales didnt set the world on fire what makes anyone think the leftovers would sell?. Maybe the reason the label wouldnt releae is because they are crap, or mainly just jams with no real music or lyrics behind them. Theres so many stories about these so called songs that i dont know what to believe. Theres one reason and one reason only the label would release these leftovers especially as the guns n roses brand  has almost been reestablished and that reason is slash.

Can someone explain to me HOW THE FUCK are they going to have an album DONE by mid 2019? Are you guys crazy or something?

Slash will be touring half of that time, and Axl will probably be endlessly tinkering 20 year old stuff. It's just not going to happen anytime soon. I can see a live album, then a single, and MAYBE a new album in late 19 - early 2020. But even those dates seem to be very optimistic when we are talking about Guns N' Roses.

I don't know if it was the reunion that brought so many people that don't know how things worked during 2001 - 2014 or what, but I'd recommend you to not expect anything from this band.

• Like 2

My Prediction:

I find it highly doubtful that there will be a new album in the next 3 years.

No Leaks in December or January - Fake News!

T- Rex Cover - Fake News!

Best Of Live Album / Bluray - A Possibility for 2019!

The band embarks on a new tour next Fall of 2019 and continued in 2020.

I think it's fair to say that the Use your Illusion remaster boxset could be a reality in 2020, when those albums mark 30 years of existence.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Haha 1

Does Gn’R even have a record contract at this point? Is there a contractual obligation that they release anything?

I would love a new album - I doubt it would make a dent in modern day pop culture.  It would definitely justify another tour, but I don’t see success in the vein of November Rain or Welcome to the Jungle.  Heck, I bet even Chinese Democracy, given its unicorn status, would have comparatively a bigger impact.  

Maybe they can do a surprise release. One can hope

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

My Prediction:

I think it's fair to say that the Use your Illusion remaster boxset could be a reality in 2020, when those albums mark 30 years of existence.

Yep , lets make gun s n roses great again in 2020. I woukd like toknow what axl thinks of the illusion recordings themselves, when it comes to anniversary time because the recording sessions wernt much fun to him so i seem to read.

I’ve been very pessimistic about any new material coming out, and I believe we won’t be lucky enough to ever get it. 

But I want to hear a new studio recording so bad, I’d even take 1 new cover, even The Seeker!!! (I’d prefer Whole Lotta Rosie) So with the unlikelihood of ever getting a new album, I’d almost prefer they do a “new” cover for a single. In that case, if/when any hopes of album blows up, at least we got that. 

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

My Prediction:

UYI came out in 1991 though, so 2020 is only 29 years old then. 

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If CD sales didnt set the world on fire what makes anyone think the leftovers would sell?. Maybe the reason the label wouldnt releae is because they are crap, or mainly just jams with no real music or lyrics behind them. Theres so many stories about these so called songs that i dont know what to believe. Theres one reason and one reason only the label would release these leftovers especially as the guns n roses brand  has almost been reestablished and that reason is slash.

People forget that songs like You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry and November Rain could have been on Appetiite, those are some pretty damn good leftovers.We haven't heard much of what Axl was saving for the second record, for all we know they decided to put the songs they did out on CD because 90% had leaked anyways. Evaders version of "The General" that's kicking around I think is fantastic and gives me hope for what the new record will sound like.

some of you make me laught !!! we will not have new album because Slash will be on tour. Are you sure they are not already recorded some stuff ? Are you the same people who used to said that GNR will not do the NITLT because Slash..........had  a new album plan ??? are you the same people ? tell me

6 minutes ago, Stro said:

Lol at the idea of "there can't be an album because Slash will be on tour" as if he didn't just record and release an album done while he was on a 2 1/2 year tour with a different band.

And they had a 6 month break in 2018 and a 3 month break in 2017 on top of that. Plenty of time to record for GN'R

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/14/2018 at 3:26 AM, RageKage said:

The cool dudes who already bitch about the next tour without new music will probably feel very stupid by the end of next year.

Why would they feel stupid? 

If Axl released and played new music for the next tour, all the people you are talking about will be thrilled beyond belief. 

Fans love hearing new music from their favorite bands. Axl has released one album of original material in the last 27 years - so his track record (of almost 30 years) would indicate no new music is coming. 

But obviously we all are hoping and dreaming that it happens. 

• Like 1