Your favourite albums from former and current GN'R members

Slash:

Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O'clock Somewhere

Slash & Friends 

Izzy Stradlin:

Miami

Fire, the Acoustic Album

Tracii Guns:

L. A. Guns - Collectors Edition No. 1 (w/ Ole Beich and Rob Gardner)

L. A. Guns - Hollywood Vampires 

L. A. Guns - The Missing Peace 

L. A. Guns - Made in Milan

Brides of Destruction - Here Comes the Brides

Robin Finck:

Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been

Buckethead:

Colma

Electric Tears 

Telescape

Pearson's Square 

Roller Coaster Track Repair 

Claymation Courtyard 

Forest of Bamboo

Final Bend of the Labyrinth 

Echo 

Room of Illusions

Adrift in Sleepwakefulnis

Far 

Richard Fortus:

The Dead Daisies - Revolucion (w/ Dizzy Reed) 

Bumblefoot:

Normal

Abnormal 

Barefoot, the Acoustic EP

DJ Ashba:

SIXX:AM - The Heroin Diaries 

SIXX:AM  - This Is Gonna Hurt

Duff McKagan:

Loaded - Sick

Tommy Stinson:

The Replacements - Tim

The Replacements - Pleased to Meet Me

Bash & Pop - Friday Night is Killing Me

Village Gorilla Head

Chris Pitman:

Replicants - Replicants

Lusk - Free Mars 

SexTapes - SexTapes 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Robin is in quite an unfair competition here - NIN works in an odd way and most members are/were only live ones. so it's really hard to even try making a fair judgement.

btw, what was the album where Robin went uncredited on keyboards? was it Antichrist Superstar or Portrait of an American Family? I completely forgot that bit of lore...

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

Robin is in quite an unfair competition here - NIN works in an odd way and most members are/were only live ones. so it's really hard to even try making a fair judgement.

I'm aware of the situation, but I have included this album because he delivered a great live performance. 

Edited by Sosso

I can't pick from everything purely because I don't have them all, but from what I have heard:

Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O' Clock Somewhere and Ain't Life Grand

Loaded - Dark Days and 1999

Velvet Revolver - Contraband and Libertad

Gilby Clarke - Blooze

Izzy Stradlin' - Like a Dog

Adler's Appetite - EP (it contains 6 tracks and is from one of the earlier lineups)

Tommy Stinson - Village Gorilla Head

Buckethead - Colma, The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell - Also some tracks that I got as singles [Jordan and Rising Sun (plus free from his site Nottingham Lace and The Landing Beacon)]

Bumblefoot - Little Brother Is Watching

As someone above included L.A. Guns, would have to say everything I have heard by them is great as they are one of my favourite bands anyway - also on a side note, I saw L.A. Guns live in September and I would highly recommend doing so to anyone who hasn't seem them live - their new album The Missing Peace, is awesome!

Edited by sploit
  • Like 1

"Like A Dog" is easily the best Izzy album, IMO.

Slash's S/T 2010 album is my favourite of his.

None of Duff's album are all that good, though they each have a handful of good songs. Contraband is probably my favourite non-GNR album he's been a part of.

Bumblefoot - Abnormal is my favourite.

Buckethead - Too many to list really, but Captain EO's Voyage, Shadows Between The Sky, Population Override, Hold Me Forever, Colma, 3' Clearance, and Crime Slunk Scene are always among my favourites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Brides of Destruction - Here Comes the Brides

I always forget about this album, but I used to listen to it all the time.

Also, I know you're a big Buckethead fan, did you know Bucketheadland 2 is out on vinyl? I ordered my copy today :D (and posted the link/details in the Vinyl & Turntable thread).

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I always forget about this album, but I used to listen to it all the time.

Also, I know you're a big Buckethead fan, did you know Bucketheadland 2 is out on vinyl? I ordered my copy today :D (and posted the link/details in the Vinyl & Turntable thread).

Yeah, I saw your post in the Buckethead Thread :) I don't know if I would like to buy this specific album on vinyl, though. It's basically a collection of intros, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Yeah, I saw your post in the Buckethead Thread :) I don't know if I would like to buy this specific album on vinyl, though. It's basically a collection of intros, isn't it? 

Yea it's definitely one of his 'weirdest' albums, but it's interesting as a concept album. I can definitely see why people don't like it.

edit: also, that was Gackt that posted it in the Buckethead thread, I hadn't seen that before now, my bad.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Life Grand
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Slash - Slash
Izzy Stradlin - 117
Duff McKagan - Believe In Me
Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars
Buckethead - Colma, Electric Tears, Monsters And Robots, Enter The Chicken
Tommy Stinson - Village Gorilla Head

Never cared much about the rest. Bumblefoot and Ashba bore me. Fortus hasn't really done anything meaningful. I couldn't give a shit about Dizzy.

I think the most undertated album is Ain't Life Grand. Majority seems to prefer It's Five O'Clock Somewhere but to me ALG is vastly superior. 

Edited by Sisyphus

For solo careers, Izzy and Slash is pretty much all I listen too. Izzy has had the best output of solo material of any GNR member in my opinion. Slash is a close second. My 3 favorite Izzy albums are 117 Degrees, Like A Dog, and Smoke. For Slash my 3 favorites are It’s Five o Clock Somehwere, Apocalyptic Love, and World on Fire. 

Too many for me to rank them all like you did in OP (I'm just lazy)

I like all of the album with GnR lineage but my absolute favorites are:

Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O'clock Somewhere  (The music on 2/3 of this album sounds like pre-breakup GnR, minus Axl.)

Izzy Stradlin and the JuJu Hounds  ( I love all of Izzy's work and some of my favorite all time songs are on this album.)

Neurotic Outsiders  ( Nobody ever really mentions this album, so I guess it isn't all that great, but I fucking loved it)

Liked literally everything they have done post the original run, minus the 2nd and 3rd ones Slash did with Myles.  Their debut was great.