Your favourite albums from former and current GN'R members

If I had to pick one from each member:

SLASH: It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

IZZY: Fire (The Acoustic Album)

DUFF: Neurotic Outsiders

ADLER: The Alive EP

SORUM: Neurotic Outsiders

GILBY: Pawnshop Guitars

ROBIN: And All That Could Have Been (NIN)

JOSH: Impossible to know cause he plays on everything

BUCKET: Claymation Courtyard (you have no idea how hard it was to make that choice)

BRAIN: Monsters & Robots (Bucket)

Everyone else: Who cares?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 1:25 PM, RussTCB said:

I've still never listened to it. I've been meaning to get to that for like 30 years now. I am the Axl Rose of listening. 

Here the vinyl.. I bet you would get some enjoyment out of it. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01BDWPGS4/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1545092703&sr=8-1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually keep meaning to just order that. A couple of Izzy albums were recently reissued too. I need to just grab them some time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

If I had to pick one from each member:

SLASH: It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

IZZY: Fire (The Acoustic Album)

DUFF: Neurotic Outsiders

ADLER: The Alive EP

SORUM: Neurotic Outsiders

GILBY: Pawnshop Guitars

ROBIN: And All That Could Have Been (NIN)

JOSH: Impossible to know cause he plays on everything

BUCKET: Claymation Courtyard (you have no idea how hard it was to make that choice)

BRAIN: Monsters & Robots (Bucket)

Everyone else: Who cares?

Your list won't be complete without Tommys' album Village Gorilla Head.

Edited by Sosso

I like all slash's solo work.  5 o'clock is probably my least favorite album from him... I known that is an unpopular opinion but I can't stand the singer.  SMKC I really dig though.

Loved VR.  But I loved STP so that was an easy one for me.

I never could get into Duff or Izzy's solo stuff tbh.  Walking Papers with Duff was fantastic tho.  Great album.  Saw them live too with Duff.  Great show.

Never cared about nu GnR's members enough to checkout their solo work.. Except for Tommy and Robin.  But I didn't care much for Tommy's stuff. 

Gilby's Pawnshop guitars was fine.

Chinese Democracy is better than anything any other GnR member has released imo.

• Like 1

Velvet Revolver Contraband is the best non-GnR album by GNR members.

Slash's stuff is really good with Snakepit and Myles.

Gilby Pawnshop is alright and so is Izzy first solo record.

Axl solo record Chinese Democracy has 2 good songs.

Don't know/don't care about any of these other nu gnr people.

I had a real soft spot for Bumblefoot's Normal, Duff's Beautiful Disease, and Buckethead's Colma back when I was a massive GNR fan. Colma is still a great record, Normal is a decent listen but it's mostly nostalgia for me now, and I don't think I've heard Beautiful Disease since like 2007.

EDIT: Oh, and how can I forget VR? I loved both records, but Libertad is kind of special for me because I listened to it a TON during my sophmore year and have some really nice memories associated with it. And Contraband is just a great, sleazy almost-GNR rock record.

Edited by chevelle

Duffs debut "believe in me" without a doubt !

some good songs on that album, some have a UYI feel to them. 10 years is my personal favourite. 

Steve Alders "back from the dead" is a close second. "the one that you hated" and "just don't ask" ft Slash are great tracks.

VR,  Tommy's stuff, Gilby's Pawnshop Guitars=his solo stuff after Hangover wasn't that good IMO. Loved Neurotic Outsiders.  I remember loving It's 5 O Clock Somewhere at the time, listening to it now, it does not sound that great. I might be the only person in the world that liked the Rockstar Supernova album Gilby did-also really liked the Col. Parker album.  The Dizzy and Matt solo stuff does not sound that good at all to me

On 21/12/2018 at 4:55 PM, RussTCB said:

I downloaded Believe In Me and two Izzy solo records this week. I still haven't listened to any of the three, but at least I have them in possession finally. It's a start. 

People rag on beleive in me alot. Its not a kickass rock album like say aint life grand but it wasnt supposed to be. I really love the honesty of the songs, and still listen t o the album.I loved the fact that the album was a representation of where duff was in life. My favourites like donny, is 10 years, man in the meadow(about todd crew) , and trouble. Love snake from skid rows guitar work and bach guesting on "trouble".

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 9:47 AM, username said:

Izzy Stradlin And The Ju Ju Hounds - Izzy Stradlin And The Ju Ju Hounds

Izzy Stradlin - 117

Izzy Stradlin - River

Izzy Stradlin - Ride On

Izzy Stradlin - On Down The Road

Tommy Stinson - Village Gorilla Head

Tommy Stinson - One Man Mutiny

Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O Clock Somewhere

Slash - Slash

Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars 

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Velvet Revolver - Libertad

I also dig Izzy's other albums, but the first 5 definitely win it for me. 

I don't really like Duff's solo albums. I really liked the How To Be A Man EP though. Hope his next one will be more like that. Loaded is ok, but not anything special to me. A bit generic really. I did like the Neurotic Outsiders one! 

Slash's other albums (with Myles) are ok. Getting more and more repetitive/generic with each album. Apocalyptic love was the one I enjoyed most. The last two were just meh. The other Snakepit album has good stuff on it too, but it's not very consistant. 

Gilby Clarke has other ok albums, but Pawnshop is the only one that stands out for me. 

Adler and Dizzy never did anything worthwhile out of GnR. 

Sorum's solo album is shit. 

Never liked Buckethead. The guy should focus his output more on quality instead of quantity imo. He's gifted, but it's just a gigantic sea of whatever hel feels like recording today. 

The only other Finck stuff I know is with NiN, and I never liked them. 

I love Tommy's solo stuff, but I never liked The Replacements. 

Never liked Ron Thal solo. 

Ashba never did anything that's good in or outside of GnR. 

Same goes for Pitman. 

Brain is involved in a lot of projects I really don't care for. 

Am I forgetting anything? 

The Ghosts of Mars Soundtrack has Robin and Buckethead all over it