DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE Has Come Up With 'Some Magnificent Stuff' For New GUNS N' ROSES Album

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

You can't blame cynical comments from the fans when Duff and Slash spent the last 20 years saying that they would never do a reunion without the original 5. Duff in particular was very vocal about how valuable Izzy was to the band and how close they both were post-Guns. Lo and behold, as soon as he's invited back to the table, everything changes. Like with anything in life, money talks. 

Pretty sure they could have worked out some type of arrangement to include Izzy and Adler (a guy who would have basically done it for free) - they didn't want to do it. Fine, their call - perhaps it's even a smart business decision. But there should be no surprise from the Axl fans when others point out the hypocrisy and the cynical money-grab attitude of the band. Trying to justify this entire clusterfuck is simply adding insult to injury really. Most of us don't expect Izzy back. Hell many of us don't even expect new music at this point. But don't insult our intelligence by saying things couldn't be worked out to reunite the Appetite 5. It couldn't be worked out because they didn't want to work it out. If Axl and Slash can put aside their differences and reunite -  you're telling they couldn't have ironed things out with Izzy and Adler? :rolleyes:

I wish someone in that camp with half a brain would just release whatever 90's material is available to iTunes/Spotify - that's the only Ace this band has left to play imho.

Great post

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Look...I woke up in a bad mood today.  Its snowing here again and cold as fuck...and this band is STILL talking about magnificent new music.

Wake me up when it arrives.

Seems like our US forum people have had an extremely cold winter this year.

Wow Duff, this really is cool. As a fan, I love to hear one of the big three state that a new album will happen when it happens. ...the “GN’R thing”....

Awesome!!

I’d rather these guys just tell the fans who would live a new album to GO FUCK OFF!!! I’d have at least a shred of respect for them. Right now, it’s a joke. I appreciate the tour, but please stop jerk us around with the new album shit, and the Axl has some killer material bullshit. 

We have a touring band, here folks. Who pose as an active creative thing by selling their nostalgia for ridiculous prices. Duff, you can take the pity so far but it’s more than I can stand.

Lol @ all the fantasies of Izzy coming back... lmao even more about Steven (or Matt) coming back. 

Afd reunion will NEVER happen, and that’s ok! You have Axl and Slash together (and to a lesser extent, Duff), let’s see what they can do with Axls songs! That’s all that will ever happen. Look at what Axl did with TWAT, PROSTITUTE, and THE BLUES! Epic gnr tunes. This is what you’re getting. Be happy. BE EXCITED! And if these 3 greedy guys who excluded Izzy release nothing? So be it. One day, Axl will die and Fernando will unleash the vaults for every penny they’re worth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would have been very surprised if Izzy was a part of the reunion.  He never had any interest in being in a big band and doing long tours.

He left less than half way though the UYI tour.

He left VR just before Scott joined and it became a big thing in its own right.

He hasn't really toured much at all since he walked away from UYI tour.

• Like 1

On 27. 02. 2019. at 1:52 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm probably going to catch a ton of shit for this but...

"If you can't sing, if you can't play, shut the fuck up"

-Axl, NYC 1991

Funny how he used to say this back in '91, but 2019 he plays with Frank, right?

Where is his wisdome gone last 25 years!?  On the sidenote....Frank might say the singing part for Axl, so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Creed said:

Yeah, everybody here knows that, but we would have been fine with izzy and steven doing half shows from time to time. everyone beside Axl was OK with a scenario where gilby, matt, steven and izzy were doing shows on rotation mode.

Duff and slash have absolutely no voting rights about personal and digital release decisions. 

When did we find out "everyone but Axl" wanted Izzy and Adler involved somehow? 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

You got to know that something is wrong with your life when you’re drinking whiskey at 17:00 and reading about a hypothetical GnR album  that might come out, or not.  

17:00?

Meh.  Drinking whiskey at 5 pm is rather normal here in the U.S.

There's a saying, "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere". ...which is a reference to it's "time to drink" :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

17:00?

Meh.  Drinking whiskey at 5 pm is rather normal here in the U.S.

There's a saying, "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere". ...which is a reference to it's "time to drink" :lol:

Is that i wonder whay slash called his album that?. 😯

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Its unfortunate that we have ended up returning to talking about the past and not the present and or returning to us against them (Axl's side/past band members side). In the interview Duff never mentioned past band members involvement and i have no idea why that notion was raised in this thread. 

If you listen to the full interview, Duff mentions an important factor as to why curtain band members have but the past behind them and looking forward to the future. 

Duff states in the interview that after mending fences with Axl and Slash he felt at ease and at peace while on the recent tour. 

That says alot, as each individual above is a very different person than they were in the past for a number of different reasons and have realised that putting those issues behind them as adults, starting fresh and looking ahead to what life may bring. 

Thats the statement that us fans need to embrace and have faith that at some point new music will appear in the future.

Being sober and in a better headspace for duff and slash i hope proves beneficial with us fans getting what we want.