The Dirt (Motley Crue)

Ericstacey

I thought it was a fun movie-I liked it a little more than I thought I would-the ending is totally different from reality from the book, and how they got back together with Vince. I figured they would do that-they kind of make it seem like Vince was out of the band 6 month when it was really 5 or 6 years-they really don't show how much they didn't get along in the 90's-especially Tommy and Vince-they basically have a group hug and tell Vince how much they want him back. I can only imagine how a GNR movie would be lol.  I'm not even sure if they mentioned Pamela Anderson in the movie, for instance, but it was a 2 hour movie, so I understand. You watch it and are reminded about why Motley Crue were so huge. My gut feeling is that they tour again btw

7 hours ago, Ericstacey said:

I thought it was a fun movie-I liked it a little more than I thought I would-the ending is totally different from reality from the book, and how they got back together with Vince. I figured they would do that-they kind of make it seem like Vince was out of the band 6 month when it was really 5 or 6 years-they really don't show how much they didn't get along in the 90's-especially Tommy and Vince-they basically have a group hug and tell Vince how much they want him back. I can only imagine how a GNR movie would be lol.  I'm not even sure if they mentioned Pamela Anderson in the movie, for instance, but it was a 2 hour movie, so I understand. You watch it and are reminded about why Motley Crue were so huge. My gut feeling is that they tour again btw

Well, that sucks if the movie was changed from the book. I would think the Crue would want it all out there since the book doesn't hold back.

Well, I will try to see it soon. I really want to see how this plays out in a movie. All I can say is the Crue are very lucky to be alive! lol

My mom was a huge fan of the crew and since she was around in the 80's, she knows most of their history. Curious to watch it with her!

I agree. I bet the Crue does tour again. It's in their blood!

1 hour ago, JONEZY said:

Haven't seen it yet.  But they sure got the skinny/cocaine/Rockstar look right for the band.  

Yeah, true. Saw the previews and yeah they nailed them.

SPOILERS

Just saw it. I need to ask this here since I’m probably not the only one that saw it: but I think I saw Slash and Steven on the scene where Nikki “dies”. Slash was on the couch and Steven sitting on the floor. Did anyone else caught that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

SPOILERS

Just saw it. I need to ask this here since I’m probably not the only one that saw it: but I think I saw Slash and Steven on the scene where Nikki “dies”. Slash was on the couch and Steven sitting on the floor. Did anyone else caught that?

I saw Slash on the couch, never noticed Adler. 

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Check again, I’m 99% sure that Steven sitting in the floor against the wall. The hair is identical 

I saw Slash and looked for Steven. Steven sure suggests that he was a big part of Sixx surviving that in the irl version of events.

In addition to Slash and Steven not cleaning their involvement, Im sure Crue wanted to avoid mentioning them, given how it was right around that time that Sixx stole the Dr Feelgood riff from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

SPOILERS

Good eye-noticed Slash, but didn't catch Steven, I'll rewatch it at some point, for sure

46 minutes ago, soon said:

I saw Slash and looked for Steven. Steven sure suggests that he was a big part of Sixx surviving that in the irl version of events.

That’s what I thought, Adler saved his life whilst Slash freaked out but then I read this:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki-sixx-dies/

.... which credits Slash’s girlfriend at the time for trying to save him, so who knows :lol:

It seems Tommy Lee approved of the actress who played Heather: 

D2S0PLUX0AA9KwQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

:confused:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, that sucks if the movie was changed from the book. I would think the Crue would want it all out there since the book doesn't hold back.

Well, I will try to see it soon. I really want to see how this plays out in a movie. All I can say is the Crue are very lucky to be alive! lol

My mom was a huge fan of the crew and since she was around in the 80's, she knows most of their history. Curious to watch it with her!

I agree. I bet the Crue does tour again. It's in their blood!

Yeah, true. Saw the previews and yeah they nailed them.

The movie is well shot-I did enjoy it. The way they got back together with Vince is 100 percent different than how it's described in the book. I figured that might happen, it happened in the Queen movie also.  Someone else pointed out they have Vince's daughter born during the Theater of Pain era while she was really born in 1991. I didn't catch that.

Y'know, I never listened to this band in my life.  Seen one video and its them turning up to a strip club on Harleys looking like clean well fed vitamin proficent version of the NY Dolls with very crunching well produced 1980s guitarwork.  Never saw the attraction.  Other than that all I know is that they took a shitload of drugs.

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know, I never listened to this band in my life.  Seen one video and its them turning up to a strip club on Harleys looking like clean well fed vitamin proficent version of the NY Dolls with very crunching well produced 1980s guitarwork.  Never saw the attraction.  Other than that all I know is that they took a shitload of drugs.

They were very plastic and cliche by that period and their "good music" was pretty well over by then (Girls, Girls, Girls).

Their early stuff is much better and interesting. You've got the punk energy and late seventies pop-hooks on "Too Fast for Love" and you've got the brilliant and killer rhythms and grunge-esq guitar riffs on "Shout at the Devil."

For my money, that was peak Motley and the only stuff of theirs that I'll return to listen to. I think they were creatively over after Shout. The only reason they had one more push at the end of the eighties, was because producer Bob Rock tooled the bejusus out of Dr. Feelgood; assembling something that was like designer candy. Very attractive and sweet, compulsively eatable, but so meticulously created that it is empty and soulless. 

So yeah, early Motley is great, because the songwriting is there and its charm is that it is rough sounding.

12 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

They were very plastic and cliche by that period and their "good music" was pretty well over by then (Girls, Girls, Girls).

Their early stuff is much better and interesting. You've got the punk energy and late seventies pop-hooks on "Too Fast for Love" and you've got the brilliant and killer rhythms and grunge-esq guitar riffs on "Shout at the Devil."

For my money, that was peak Motley and the only stuff of theirs that I'll return to listen to. I think they were creatively over after Shout. The only reason they had one more push at the end of the eighties, was because producer Bob Rock tooled the bejusus out of Dr. Feelgood; assembling something that was like designer candy. Very attractive and sweet, compulsively eatable, but so meticulously created that it is empty and soulless. 

So yeah, early Motley is great, because the songwriting is there and its charm is that it is rough sounding.

Any reccomendations?  I guess Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil? 

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, those two are about it. Too Fast For Love is my favorite of the two, but I think most people would say Shout is better. After those two, there’s only a handful of noteworthy songs IMO. 

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That’s what I thought, Adler saved his life whilst Slash freaked out but then I read this:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki-sixx-dies/

.... which credits Slash’s girlfriend at the time for trying to save him, so who knows :lol:

It seems Tommy Lee approved of the actress who played Heather: 

D2S0PLUX0AA9KwQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

:confused:

Ain't that Machine Gun Kelly?

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ain't that Machine Gun Kelly?

Yeah he played Tommy Lee in the film. 

48 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Kickstart my Heart was always my favourite. 

Cool! I was wondering if any GNR members would make an appearance in this movie.

Anyway, going to watch it tonight with friends. Can't wait.

I've pre-ordered the Dirt soundtrack from amazon.com 

I'm so glad everyone seems to have liked it and since it took so very long to finally make a movie from the book, I'm glad it's good and getting good reviews.