Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I still know Slash wrote some of the lyrics on Locomotive and all the guitar 

Keep Researching u will find it 

Can't find it, so if you wouldn't mind sharing your knowledge with the forum, we would be ever so grateful :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

You can keep stating that as fact, but it's just not true. Also, he didn't write any of the Coma lyrics as you claimed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

And speaking of Locomotive on streaming services:

I have rental cars for work travel at least once, sometimes twice per week. I do a lot of driving, so the sound is important to me. With every single rental car I get into, I connect me phone to the sound system, then I bring up Locomotive on Spotify and blast it while I EQ the sound in the car. I make sure to do all of this before I move the car at all, lol.

I've done the same thing haha. I'll play some GnR and some SMKC and that's usually enough to go by.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

And speaking of Locomotive on streaming services:

I have rental cars for work travel at least once, sometimes twice per week. I do a lot of driving, so the sound is important to me. With every single rental car I get into, I connect me phone to the sound system, then I bring up Locomotive on Spotify and blast it while I EQ the sound in the car. I make sure to do all of this before I move the car at all, lol.

Matts intro at the start would be a good factor of how to set the right eq.

• Like 1

WStill haven’t found it ? U have to dig deep - Slash didn’t admit to the lyrics but Axl said it back in the day 

Axl couldn’t find the lyrics for the song - that’s been documented 

“ Its these Prejudiced illusions that  pumps the blood to heart of the biz” Hint Hint 

Edited by TMAC20

5 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

WStill haven’t found it ? U have to dig deep - Slash didn’t admit to the lyrics but Axl said it back in the day 

Axl couldn’t find the lyrics for the song - that’s been documented 

“ Its these Prejudiced illusions that  pumps the blood to heart of the biz” Hint Hint 

Ooh, the suspense is killing me! Why can't you provide us with the documentation or what Axl said? 

• Like 1

Lol, typical people who have lost. Try and hint things and want someone to find it and thinks he has the answer but is "holding it back" because he wants you to find something that never can be found. So in his mind he hasnt lost yet.

• Like 1

It’s not that big a thing that Slash wrote some lyrics - 

He wrote for Snakepit- Smkc — he never wants credit for it - listen to Snakepit - 50 percent of those lyrics are wrote about Axl 

Slash Had Coma And Locomotive mostly  done when he brought it to Axl 

If u listen to Coma - half the song is about Slash being in a drug induced Coma and speaking about it - The breakdown is all Slash lyrics 

Axl response is maybe we will be better off without u anyway 

Axl was never in a coma but Slash was 

love this topic 

2 minutes ago, Radiv123 said:

Lol, typical people who have lost. Try and hint things and want someone to find it and thinks he has the answer but is "holding it back" because he wants you to find something that never can be found. So in his mind he hasnt lost yet.

I’m not holding anything back man - it’s a fact Slash wrote lyrics 

Like I said I AM a day 1 fan 

Every magazine article I read - every interview on tv during the recordings of the Illusions 

Never knew that Slash writing lyrics was such a big deal 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

He wrote for Snakepit- Smkc — he never wants credit for it - listen to Snakepit - 50 percent of those lyrics are wrote about Axl 

If u listen to Coma - half the song is about Slash being in a drug induced Coma and speaking about it - The breakdown is all Slash lyrics 

love this topic 

I bought me an illusion and I put it on a wall

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

love this topic 

Except that Axl was in a coma.

Axl: There's this song called 'Coma' […]. I started to write about when I OD'ed four years ago, and the reason why I OD'ed was because of stress, I couldn't take it, and I just grabbed this bottle of pills (?) in an argument and gulped it down and I ended up in a hospital. But I liked that I wasn't in a fight anymore and I was fully concious that I was leaving. I liked that. But then I go, all of a sudden my real thoughts, though, were that 'Okay, you've haven't toured enough, the record's not gonna last, it's gonna be forgotten this and that, you've got work to do get out of this,' and I went 'No!' and I woke up, you know, pulled myself out of it. But in the describing of that some people could take it wrong and think it means to go and put yourself into a coma, so, it's a little tricky and I'm still playing with the words to figure out to, like, show some hope in there [Famous Last Words, MTV, 1990].

Axl: I just got out of the hospital a little while ago, 'cause I partied too much one night, blacked out, got into it with the cops, got stun-gunned, was knocked out, went into a coma for a coupl’a days and woke up strapped to my bed, plugged into a catheter [San Francisco Chronicle, August 30, 1987].

And there is no denying Axl wrote the lyrics to Coma

Axl: At times l enjoy writing, and other times just hate it because it's definitely having to go back and experience some pain and express how you really feel. Sometimes the writing ends up being cathartic in the long run, but, like, writing "Coma" on "Use Your Illusion I" was so heavy I'd start to write and I'd just pass out. I tried to write that song for a year, and couldn't. l went to write it at the studio and passed out. l woke up two hours later and sat down and wrote the whole end of the song, like, just off the top of my head. It was like, don't even know what's coming out, man, but it's coming. l think one of the best things that I've ever written was maybe the end segment of the song "Coma." It just poured out. I thanked Slash for that, because I used to curse him, going, "Man, that son of a bitch has written this thing and I've got to write to it and don't know what to write." It was so hard; it made me feel like, "l don't know how to write, I should just quit." (Axl laughs) But I finally did write it, and l ended up feeling a lot better about a lot of situations that l expressed In that song [Interview Magazine talks to Axl Rose, 1992].

Slash: Like "Coma," I just wrote all the music from one end to the other. I don't know how, it was just the way I heard it... that arrangement. Axl adapted the lyrics to that [Interview CD, 1992]

• Like 4

“ Axl Adapted the lyrics to the music “ U gotta remember this was 1989 - 1994 

Axl is never gonna admit - Slash wrote some lyrics - I’m not saying Slash wrote the whole song - just added lyrics to it 

Slash never takes credit for lyrics and probably never will - That’s too much ego 4 him and 2 Personal 

On 6/3/2019 at 7:42 AM, TMAC20 said:

Slash wrote all the guitars on Locomotive and 75 percent of the lyrics 

There are several songs Slash writes lyrics too even though he don’t wont credit for 

usually pretty Ezy to pick out slash lyrics 

Locomotive 

Coma - Half Axl - Half Slash 

Nighttrain 

Mr Brownstone 

Bad Obsession 

Initially says 75%

22 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

all I can say is do your research 

Remember I am a lifer from Day 1 

do some research brothers - u will find it - I don’t  need it I lived it 

Gatekeeps other fans 

21 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Thought a few of u knew Gnr history- I was wrong 

I agree to disagree -nothing wrong with that 

Keep Doubting me - I will prove u wrong some of the times 

Locomotive has Slash lyrics on it 

how about a nice nice little wager - a gentleman’s bet 

I’ll bet my les Paul on it 

what u got ? 

Keeps gatekeeping and says he can provide proof

17 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Now it's some lyrics. Cant find proof, tells us to research

17 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Can't find it, so if you wouldn't mind sharing your knowledge with the forum, we would be ever so grateful :)

Further asked for proof

Whelp :shrugs:

• Haha 3

Not a sore loser at all - I may be wrong - it’s very. Possible - Just know I read about the lyrics years ago 

there have been  LSD hallucinations since then 

714 trips a bunch of them - Ludes and other various things in my body since 1990 

u guys may be right 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2