Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see the people leaving in the past continue to do so. The thread is about whether the band should play a song when they return to playing live on tour. Like most threads it starts off well than goes down hill  Izzys not in the band, Izzy wrote this and Slash wrote that, Frank's the drummer, Axl is out of shape etc. 

On top of that people think Axl and the band can go back in time to replicate something they did  20 years ago. That's won't happen as none of us can go back and be the same people we were 20 years ago.

It's gets boring and after thinking that's a cool thread and question to put out there, after 2 pages you give up as it's the same repetitive shit over and over again. 

How about we stick to the topic at hand. 

I am sure the current line up would pull off playing Locomotive live either via the original version or a reworked version to suit what the band chooses and feels comfortable playing.

6 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I see the people leaving in the past continue to do so. The thread is about whether the band should play a song when they return to playing live on tour. Like most threads it starts off well than goes down hill  Izzys not in the band, Izzy wrote this and Slash wrote that, Frank's the drummer, Axl is out of shape etc. 

On top of that people think Axl and the band can go back in time to replicate something they did  20 years ago. That's won't happen as none of us can go back and be the same people we were 20 years ago.

It's gets boring and after thinking that's a cool thread and question to put out there, after 2 pages you give up as it's the same repetitive shit over and over again. 

How about we stick to the topic at hand. 

I am sure the current line up would pull off playing Locomotive live either via the original version or a reworked version to suit what the band chooses and feels comfortable playing.

Does your forum police credentials come with a badge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Can you somehow substantiate your claim that Locomotive was an Izzy riff song? 

yes he's on the rehearsal tapes with adler and they origitnally came up with it slash and izzy together then slash took over and burried izzy from the credits slash has never written a good gnr song from a to b

19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yes he's on the rehearsal tapes with adler and they origitnally came up with it slash and izzy together then slash took over and burried izzy from the credits slash has never written a good gnr song from a to b

Thanks. It is the "original came up with it" that interests me. As far as I know the only source for Izzy's involvement in writing Locomotive is Slash's biography. Do we have anything else? 

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Thanks. It is the "original came up with it" that interests me. As far as I know the only source for Izzy's involvement in writing Locomotive is Slash's biography. Do we have anything else? 

Mates rehearsal 1989 recording has Izzy and Adler so it can be assumed they were involved in the 'writing process' but there's no real way to tell to what degree Izzy was involved. It's always seemed like Slash's 'UYI II song' IMO - on UYI I he got Coma, and Axl got Nov Rain. UYI II he got Locomotive and Axl got Estranged. Izzy got his lead-vocal songs, Duff got So Fine and Get In The Ring. Maybe Izzy was involved in the early version of Locomotive but the album version is definitely a 'Slash' song, instrumentally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Mates rehearsal 1989 recording has Izzy and Adler so it can be assumed they were involved in the 'writing process' but there's no real way to tell to what degree Izzy was involved. It's always seemed like Slash's 'UYI II song' IMO - on UYI I he got Coma, and Axl got Nov Rain. UYI II he got Locomotive and Axl got Estranged. Izzy got his lead-vocal songs, Duff got So Fine and Get In The Ring. Maybe Izzy was involved in the early version of Locomotive but the album version is definitely a 'Slash' song, instrumentally.

where is that clip i can't seem to find it on YT anymore adler is awesome on it 

Slash wrote all the guitars on Locomotive and 75 percent of the lyrics 

There are several songs Slash writes lyrics too even though he don’t wont credit for 

usually pretty Ezy to pick out slash lyrics 

Locomotive 

Coma - Half Axl - Half Slash 

Nighttrain 

Mr Brownstone 

Bad Obsession 

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

There are several songs Slash writes lyrics too even though he don’t wont credit for 

Locomotive 

Nighttrain 

Mr Brownstone 

Bad Obsession 

I can't imagine Slash writing any of those lyrics... Especially Locomotive

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Locomotive 

Nighttrain 

Mr Brownstone 

Bad Obsession 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah no, that's not correct at all. The only record that he had any significant input on vocals was 5 o'clock.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

all I can say is do your research 

Remember I am a lifer from Day 1 

do some research brothers - u will find it - I don’t  need it I lived it 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The only thing researching would prove is that nothing you posted was correct :lol:

Thought a few of u knew Gnr history- I was wrong 

I agree to disagree -nothing wrong with that 

Keep Doubting me - I will prove u wrong some of the times 

Locomotive has Slash lyrics on it 

how about a nice nice little wager - a gentleman’s bet 

I’ll bet my les Paul on it 

what u got ? 

1 minute ago, TMAC20 said:

what u got ? 

:lol:What? 

You can't really agree to disagree with what lyrics Slash wrote or he didn't.  You're claiming Slash wrote "75% of the lyrics for Locomotive" and "half of Coma" which no one has ever seen any proof of. Feel free to post whatever actual proof you think there might be.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

what u got ? 

If you can prove Slash wrote the majority of Locomotive's lyrics, I'll wager my LP

Just now, RussTCB said:

:lol:What? 

You can't really agree to disagree with what lyrics Slash wrote or he didn't.  You're claiming Slash wrote "75% of the lyrics for Locomotive" and "half of Coma" which no one has ever seen any proof of. Feel free to post whatever actual proof you think there might be.  

Shhhh I want his guitar

• Like 2
  • Haha 2