Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

As a fan,  I'm very disappointed. Not because I wanted him to have any kind of trouble with the law, obviously I didn't want that! If there's legal issues attached to it, then I prefer that we don't get to hear those songs, and that it doesn't get leaked... I'm pissed because there were people naming the guy, posting pictures, posting clips and drawing all types of attention publicly on the guy - That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

for gods sake, not that way. if you do that, you'll have mgmt, label and cops after your dumb ass. if you'd have the stuff, you'd have to make sure it leaks absolutely anonymously, and in no way you can play a "hero". 

of course, this is a hard thing to imagine for many people who used their own money and effort and in the end they can't even say "hey, it was all liberated thanks to me!"

but that's unfortunately how things go.

if the stuff would leak anonymously, the shitstorm like this would never happen.

👍👍

The “easiest” things to have leak at this point are Atlas and Hardschool. Especially Hardschool because that song has a history of existence for over a decade. Anything else would be too risky. Snail mailing copies on data DVDs with no return address could potentially be an option to make it more wide spread. From there others could disperse it more. Unless someone does something crazy and just says screw it and dumps everything at best 2 songs are the most that can leak right now. The rest would require a couple weeks to months to do it properly. Assuming I understand the current situation properly. Which I could be entirely wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

The “easiest” things to have leak at this point are Atlas and Hardschool. Especially Hardschool because that song has a history of existence for over a decade. Anything else would be too risky. Snail mailing copies on data DVDs with no return address could potentially be an option to make it more wide spread. From there others could disperse it more. Unless someone does something crazy and just says screw it and dumps everything at best 2 songs are the most that can leak right now. The rest would require a couple weeks to months to do it properly. Assuming I understand the current situation properly. Which I could be entirely wrong. 

CD-quality version of Catcher in the Rye with Brian May would probably be the easiest, honestly

If it's even on there

1 minute ago, shotsfired cro said:

seriously...with the way CD paned out, who is looking forward to something that didn't make that album? :facepalm:

Chinese was originally going to be a trilogy.

Remember don't cry, back of bitch and November rain were all written in the appetite era and they never made it to the album.

• Like 2

Just now, TheSeeker said:

CD-quality version of Catcher in the Rye with Brian May would probably be the easiest, honestly

If it's even on there

Depending on the differences any CD session song could potentially be “easy”. They can be masked as multitrack fan edits. But yes the 2000 Catcher In The Rye demo would be the easiest. 

Due to the existence of that song having leaked already a higher quality version “could have already existed” so that’s possible. Hardschool also could have been shared before it was turned over back in the day which is why that could be considered a “safe/easy” leak. 

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

When it comes the whole owning the cds thing my understanding is that he owns the physical media but anything actually on it is not owned by him and is owned by the copyright holder. 

Yes. He doesn't own the ''intellectual property''.

PS

Leaking from other countries (excuse the irony) Brazil. Flippant regard to international law seeing as the UK tried for years to extradite Ronnie Biggs and failed. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

can someone transcribe the lyrics to the 37sec of checkmate/hard school/jackie chan?

All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had

... can sb continue with the lyrics?

To

To extend myself, and lend you my hand

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way 

Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away too hard school,

And you thought you were here to stay,

If that were true, it wouldn’t matter anyway,

As tempers fade, and lies forgiven..