A timeline for the reunion

19 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

And for me the latter is the reason why there still is no new material. I think Axl is afraid that the public hates the new album and that it destroys the kind of reputation he recreated with NITL. 

Yeah i dont know.....i think with Slash back that it now gives credibility to the fans for any future guns release which is why an EP  and NITL DVD/album would be a good method of gauging reaction with a short tour, then a full length album and a massive tour, media blitz  and promotion in quick succession.

21 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah i dont know.....i think with Slash back that it now gives credibility to the fans for any future guns release which is why an EP  and NITL DVD/album would be a good method of gauging reaction with a short tour, then a full length album and a massive tour, media blitz  and promotion in quick succession.

I fully agree. 

18 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I don't know why, but the formatting of the post came out all messed up and I can't seem to be able to edit it in a readable way. Can't remove those empty lines and those numbers. If a mod can help, it would be much appreciated.

I had a look at the editing but I don't know how to fix it at the moment without losing the quotes. We're looking into it, Russ may know what to do when he has chance to get to a PC.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

January 5, 2016 – Upholding a three-decade tradition of breaking ground, creating trends, and forever changing the face of rock ‘n’ roll, Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century. Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the CoachellaMusic & Arts Festival (April 15-17 & April 22-24)—as announced last night!

Band Press Release, January 2016

BEST DAY EVER!

I stil rememebr the moment I read it!!

• Like 2

nothing from GNR world ever made sense and 90% of the things that are official - probably never happend.  So why bother.

After being the biggest band on the planet - Axl fires the whole band.

A couple of years after being a cancer - Slash is a best buddy.

Izzy from being 'the only person I can imagine working again from the old line up' and playing with him in 2011 - 2016 the only crucial member not being on board of the reunion tour.

Ferrer being the worst of the revolving 78 drummers in the band but he still remians in the 'reunion' band.

• Haha 1

It would be cool if all 5 men could meet up. Alone. No assistants. No independent staff from each man. Meeting in a comfortable and relaxed setting would be best. Neutral territory. A recording studio.  Maybe a place like that would not be best, but a home which is more loose and comfortable. And send us fans some pictures on their social media.

Edited by Amaya

47 minutes ago, Amaya said:

It would be cool if all 5 men could meet up. Alone. No assistants. No independent staff from each man. Meeting in a comfortable and relaxed setting would be best. Neutral territory. A recording studio.  Maybe a place like that would not be best, but a home which is more loose and comfortable. And send us fans some pictures on their social media.

I'd be very surprised if they haven't done that by now. I don't think we'd get social media pictures from an 'off duty' setting.

Welcome to the forum btw. :)

53 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Yeah and in 2 months time this board would still be complaining about how old and slow they are. Give me a break

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yeah and in 2 months time this board would still be complaining about how old and slow they are. Give me a break

Not true, it would take two days.  They've lost a step and a little off their fastball.😄  But man, it just puts into perspective what the Stones have been able to pull off.  Those guys are amazing, especially Jagger.  He truly is a freak of nature, how the hell does he do it?

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'd be very surprised if they haven't done that by now. I don't think we'd get social media pictures from an 'off duty' setting.

Welcome to the forum btw. :)

Thank u 4 the welcome. I just dived  in talking jive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Not true, it would take two days.  They've lost a step and a little off their fastball.😄  But man, it just puts into perspective what the Stones have been able to pull off.  Those guys are amazing, especially Jagger.  He truly is a freak of nature, how the hell does he do it?

Not to get too further from GNR, but I'm quite amazed that Mick Jagger and two others from the Stones went to Tick Tock Diner in Clifton last Thursday, which is my hometown.  Out of all the places to go to in NYC, the Rolling Stones picked a NJ diner to eat breakfast. 

@Blackstar this doesn't make sense to me:

"[Rose and I] haven't really talked in a long time. But a lot of the tension that you were talking about has dissipated," Slash said. "We don't have all those issues anymore. There's not a lot of controversy. It's something that's more perpetuated by the media than anything."

Slash, CBS, May 2015

According to Slash, the first time he and Axl spoke in 2015, "it was on the phone, and then we got together when I got back into town. 'Cause I was on the road — I was in Peru; I remember it specifically," he said.

Slash, Sixx Sense, December 2017 (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-it-was-cathartic-to-speak-with-axl-rose-for-first-time-in-nearly-two-decades/)

It was mentioned in a few interviews too, the fact that they spoken for the first time somewhere between the 2015 southamerican leg. Peru's show was in march 9th. So was Slash lying in his first interview or what? Maybe he didn't want to reveal it yet, it makes sense because the Aftonbladet question came out of the blue. Almost like he wanted the reporter to ask him that. There were no rumours of them being on speaking terms again at that time.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

48 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Not to get too further from GNR, but I'm quite amazed that Mick Jagger and two others from the Stones went to Tick Tock Diner in Clifton last Thursday, which is my hometown.  Out of all the places to go to in NYC, the Rolling Stones picked a NJ diner to eat breakfast. 

I saw that, very cool.  

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@Blackstar this doesn't make sense to me:

It was mentioned in a few interviews too, the fact that they spoken for the first time somewhere between the 2015 southamerican leg. Peru's show was in march 9th. So was Slash lying in his first interview or what? Maybe he didn't want to reveal it yet, it makes sense because the Aftonbladet question came out of the blue. Almost like he wanted the reporter to ask him that. There were no rumours of them being on speaking terms again at that time.

I'd say he didn't want to let the cat out of the bag yet. He had already talked to Axl when he did that interview, but it was probably too early to share it with the press because things were still up in the air. So he just said things were better between him and Axl. That's just an educated guess on my part.

EDIT: forgot to add that DJ announced in July he was leaving and confirmed he already knew then that Slash was coming back. This basically confirms that Slash just tried to keep things quiet in that interview with CBS in May, but stuff was going on behind the scenes. 

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 3

On 04/08/2019 at 9:09 PM, Graeme said:

At least Pitman had the guts to publicly criticise the fact that the band he'd been part of for more than 15 years was being unceremoniously dismantled and Axl was capitulating to the pressure he'd resisted forever. 

I hate the way the CD-era band ended, it just felt so heartless towards the guys who had been in the band for years, like they were just swept aside and dumped like both them and their work meant nothing. I suppose the fact that even one person felt that way means that it didn't mean nothing, but I found it so offputting that it managed to end my interest in my favourite band.

Lets all be honest here, that band was dead long before they buried it.

And this one is starting to go the same way.

21 hours ago, Amaya said:

Marc Canter, is that you? :P

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 7:09 PM, Graeme said:

At least Pitman had the guts to publicly criticise the fact that the band he'd been part of for more than 15 years was being unceremoniously dismantled and Axl was capitulating to the pressure he'd resisted forever. 

I hate the way the CD-era band ended, it just felt so heartless towards the guys who had been in the band for years, like they were just swept aside and dumped like both them and their work meant nothing. I suppose the fact that even one person felt that way means that it didn't mean nothing, but I found it so offputting that it managed to end my interest in my favourite band.

Pitman has no one but himself to blame for the way things ended. He wasn't "unceremoniously" booted from the band. He blew it.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2019 at 8:18 AM, alfierose said:

Maybe not Steven perhaps but Izzy in the early reunion days did turn up for some stuff.

I think with axls comment in one of the gnr shows where he was told to play 1 song not 2 shows that i doubt whether any afd5 reunion would ever  happen......

13 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Pitman has no one but himself to blame for the way things ended. He wasn't "unceremoniously" booted from the band. He blew it.

And as Fortis said, what is to miss? Essentially saying he did nothing apart from backing vocals and loading a few samples from the cd tracks. 

In 2001/2 he did do a few synth lines on the older tracks but come 2006 that had passed. 

This is somewhere in the China Exchange.

Axl said that he and Slash patched things up over the phone in 2015. “Slash and I hadn’t talked in 19 years, and it was a good talk,” he recounted. One of the main points of contention, Axl revealed, were the contents of Slash’s 2007 autobiography. “And I was, like, ‘You wrote a lot of stuff [in your book] that didn’t even happen. It’s not real.’”

That book had actually made things worse on the intervening time, as some Dexter chats show.

Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash’s book but I have the rehearsal tapes...