Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

So here we go. Somebody make a poll or something: 

In its place...

A storm is lived in 
A storm we live in 
A storm is lifting 
A stormy lifting 
A storm is lifted 

Any more? 

The storm we lived in

Anyone else who has/is capable/prone to having GnR based goosebump/chills moments get the chills from when Axl sing "More of a man

It's like a pure rage growl the way he says "man"  He sometimes sounds like that in a few of the more iconic early live gigs, but the way he sings that line really stands out to me compared to anything that was studio based.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 2

I have to be honest. I’ve really gotten to love this song, it’s gotten under my skin, and I consider it one of the best three leaks ever, the other ones being Saskatoon and House of Blues (not counting pro-shots from earlier). But considering just audio, this is the best thing ever so far. 
And I want more. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I have to be honest. I’ve really gotten to love this song, it’s gotten under my skin, and I consider it one of the best three leaks ever, the other ones being Saskatoon and House of Blues (not counting pro-shots from earlier). But considering just audio, this is the best thing ever so far. 
And I want more. 

I feel the same and I can’t stop listening to this song, it’s awesome

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

And I want more. 

I agree completely.

3 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Anyone else who has/is capable/prone to having GnR based goosebump/chills moments get the chills from when Axl sing "More of a man

It's like a pure rage growl the way he says "man"  He sometimes sounds like that in a few of the more iconic early live gigs, but the way he sings that line really stands out to me compared to anything that was studio based.

Chills. Axl sings it with so much venom, it's the part where he pulls out all the stops emotionally. His bitter anger towards (I think it's) Slash is palpable. My favorite part of the song.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

ABSOLUTELYYYYYY

It kinda sounds like Dave Mustaine hahaha

Damn, what Axl’s voice makes me feel just cant be put into words

• Like 1

Yeah, this song definitely holds up well to repeated listens.

Just hoping and praying we get Atlas too and then I don't care if GNR don't release anything new for another year. Two great songs in one year (assuming Atlas is of the same standard as Hard School) is more than we've had in over a decade.

Edited by Towelie

Personally I believe it's about Slash cause I remember Axl said before the classic line up broke up that as long as he and Slash share "that" bond, there will be a Guns N' Roses. Something like that.

It just seems like both Axl and Slash knew they shared special chemistry together and even though Axl had a connection with Izzy too and Slash n' Duff share a strong bond as well, there's a reason why Axl said that about Slash. The lyrics in Hard School seem to specifically address the way Axl saw his relationship with Slash and I think he was probably crushed when Slash left and why Slash had this to say about it in an interview he did with Nikki Sixx in 2018:

"It was on the phone and then we got together when I got back into town," he told Nikki Sixx on his Six Sense radio show. "I was on the road, I was in Peru. I remember it specifically. It was very cathartic to physically talk. 'Cause there's a bond that you have that's never (broken), and then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

"There was always that thing, and I won't get into all the personal stuff. There was a lot of bad feelings from the breakup all throughout that 20 years, whatever it was. But there's also a part of you that's, like, in a marriage, where you love somebody... so there's always that feeling, but then there's all this negative stuff." He added: "there was so much stuff perpetuated in the media, and it just was blown out of proportion. So when he and I talked for the first time, it was really, really cool."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-guns-n-roses-reunion-show/

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

How would "save what we had" apply to Kurt? 

The to extend myself and lend you my hand part is about axl offering nirvana to go on tour and but you had to be a fool had to do it you're way had to be a fool had to throw it all away part is nirvana refusing to go on tour and I thought you could be more of a man part is kurt's suicide and axl calling him a coward

1 minute ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

The to extend myself and lend you my hand part is about axl offering nirvana to go on tour and but you had to be a fool had to do it you're way had to be a fool had to throw it all away part is nirvana refusing to go on tour and I thought you could be more of a man part is kurt's suicide and axl calling him a coward

Interesting. I don't agree overall BUT it's an interesting theory for sure. 

1 minute ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

don't think so ...there's still the "save what we had" line.

i think it's about Izzy cause we all know how "cool" Izzy is and how he like to do things his way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

i think it's about Izzy cause we all know how "cool" Izzy is and how he like to do things his way.

That's exactly what makes me lean toward it being more about Izzy than Adler. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Interesting. I don't agree overall BUT it's an interesting theory for sure. 

But who knows maybe it is about Matt sorum

3 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Maybe also it is about Matt sorum because he was never a yes man and done things his way also but I really think that it's about Kurt cobain

My personal bet is every word on Hard School is about Slash. Axl being really angry about someone playing it too cool, not wanting to save what they had and having to do things their way and he also mentions lies. It all points to Slash. 

(I do find it really funny that you could apply the lyrics to Axl himself as much as anyone though :lol:)

Whatever it’s about, I’ve become addicted to this song. I thought I’d be listening to nothing but the new Tool album right now but I’m still listening to HS. 

• Like 3

Just now, Declan Burke 1994 said:

But who knows maybe it is about Matt sorum

Maybe also it is about Matt sorum because he was never a yes man and done things his way also but I really think that it's about Kurt cobain

But there's still the line "to save what we had".

Izzy and Axl were friends since highschool 

Axl and kurt didn't had anything.

Unless you want it to be about cobain.

• Like 2