RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Heard a 13 second snippet of Eyes on You is circulating now...

I got pumped when I saw it up in the middle of the night but it sounds either fake or sped up. Or both. It's really high pitched and sounds like a shitty pop song. 33 seconds of garbage

Edited by Pskihq92
Correction

31 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

I know this has been talked about before but just to reiterate- whomever has the cds, its legally their property now right? Not axl's anymore?

It’s just like a regular CD. If you buy AFD you own the CD but you still can’t upload it to the internet etc.

• Like 1

Were all of these leaks on those storage locker CDs? I stopped reading the tracklistings when they seemed to be numerous slightly altered versions of the same songs. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Were all of these leaks on those storage locker CDs? I stopped reading the tracklistings when they seemed to be numerous slightly altered versions of the same songs. 

Yes

I believe the tracks are only protected if copyrights were filed? So the officially released versions are copyright protected. But with some of the leaked versions being so different then officially released they might be in a grey area. Certainly with the previously unreleased tracks - they may not have been filed for protection? For instance if they copyrighted Goin Down before the addition of the lead guitar melodies, theyd need to file all over again - typically one waits for the finished product to copyright for these reasons. 

Today music can be filed for copyright by sounds recording or musical notation (if you follow the Stair Way case you'll know what a terrible system musical notation copyright is). But its possible that when Brain had the entire CD recordings with Freese staffed out, they may have filed that? However drums/ rhythms are not considered Original enough to protect. But if the person staffed out the chords and melody (which is entirely likely) then the entire Fresse era maybe copyright protected in a Musical Notation file.  

https://blog.reverbnation.com/2018/04/25/music-law-101-what-does-copyright-law-protect/

Have there been any actions/reactions by TB regarding the recent leaks? I am asking because (aside from YT) there are still everywhere. 

Just now, zigzagbigbag said:

Have there been any actions/reactions by TB regarding the recent leaks? I am asking because (aside from YT) there are still everywhere. 

Don't think so. I bet Fernandouche is STILL exhausted from that 3 hour meeting back in 2013. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, soon said:

I believe the tracks are only protected if copyrights were filed? So the officially released versions are copyright protected. But with some of the leaked versions being so different then officially released they might be in a grey area. Certainly with the previously unreleased tracks - they may not have been filed for protection? For instance if they copyrighted Goin Down before the addition of the lead guitar melodies, theyd need to file all over again - typically one waits for the finished product to copyright for these reasons. 

Today music can be filed for copyright by sounds recording or musical notation (if you follow the Stair Way case you'll know what a terrible system musical notation copyright is). But its possible that when Brain had the entire CD recordings with Freese staffed out, they may have filed that? However drums/ rhythms are not considered Original enough to protect. But if the person staffed out the chords and melody (which is entirely likely) then the entire Fresse era maybe copyright protected in a Musical Notation file.  

https://blog.reverbnation.com/2018/04/25/music-law-101-what-does-copyright-law-protect/

Under the impression that copyright would arise automatically in the creation of the recording. Based on what we think we know about the band at the time, copyright would probably rest with the employer, i.e GNR, i.e Axl. 

The recordings themselves may need to be registered as such but the compositions would be copyright protected at the moment of creation. 

It's a tough area of law, as it's very jurisdictional dependent. In the EU we have the copyright directive (one of many) that the UK CDPA kind of works with, but even then it's a bit of a minefield. 

I asked earlier but it got buried, does anyone have any album artwork they are using for these?

And yeah. Even if silkworms isn't my favorite, an album of just these leaks plus silkworms and oh my God would make a hell of an ep/short album/bonus disc

21 minutes ago, username said:

Don't think so. I bet Fernandouche is STILL exhausted from that 3 hour meeting back in 2013. 

😂

14 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I asked earlier but it got buried, does anyone have any album artwork they are using for these?

And yeah. Even if silkworms isn't my favorite, an album of just these leaks plus silkworms and oh my God would make a hell of an ep/short album/bonus disc

Yes!

0b7dcefca1adc0bfb56ee5de0a08dbcf.jpg

For the B-Sides I use this one (this was from the Shackler's Revenge single, but it was never released, obviously):

guns3.gif

Edited by Legendador
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I’d like to take this opportunity to, once again, remind everyone that it is not a good idea to PM a mod asking for leaks, current or old. Our suspension policy applies to any materials leaked at any time, it’s not specific to leaks that have just recently happened. 

But we like seeing you as a human being and a gnr fan first. And a mod second. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, liers said:

How many new songs on the tape are left that have vocals? I know theres quick song but what else? Oklahoma? Eyes on you? Zodiac?

They said 50. Complete.

14 minutes ago, Legendador said:

For the B-Sides I use this one (this was from the Shackler's Revenge single, but it was never released, obviously):

guns3.gif

That wasn't for the Shacklers single. It's fan made, the GNR logo is from the 2006 tour. 

Edited by Voodoochild

27 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I hear rumours of a general marching.

the other rumor is Axl was finally informed about the leaks by TB and Universal.

He's flippin' yo'

Gimme dat TONTO.

Edited by Creed

I've been using this:

SU0VKdr.jpg

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps and are my favourite leaks so far. I love the catchy melodies and the lyrics on both songs. 

• Like 1

I made my own playlist from the leaks. I use the Hand Grenade

I use 

Chinese Democracy

Oh My God

Better

Street Of Dreams

Catcher In the rye

TWAT

Sorry

Atlas

Madagascar

Prostitute

This I Love

State Of Grace

Prostitute 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I could be wrong, but I think Quick Song, Nothing and Eye On You are the only ones left with vocals. 

Someone somewhere said nothing has a Pink Floyd vibe. If this is true.....I’m ready. Also literally the only people who care about this shit are diehard super fans. Is anyone else surprised that not a single media outlet is reporting on this stuff? Is UM working behind the scenes to keep this out of the news? I figured Alternative Nation, Metal Sludge, Blabbermouth, ect...would be all over this? Bizarre.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

the other rumor is Axl was finally informed about the leaks by TB and Universal.

He's flippin' yo'

Gimme dat TONTO.

LOL, we can count on several hands the amount of rumors our "insiders" have provided in the past month that haven't panned out. 

Who really knows what's going on with TB, UMG and / or Axl. 

If anything, I hope they're reading this and seeing all the positive reaction to these leaks. I also hope they're seeing how many people would love to pay GNR for this music. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creed said:

He's flippin' yo'

Gimme dat TONTO.

Yup heard that one too! :blink:

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, we can count on several hands the amount of rumors our "insiders" have provided in the past month that haven't panned out. 

If anything, I hope they're reading this and seeing all the positive reaction to these leaks. I also hope they're seeing how many people would love to pay GNR for this music. 

This is why I made a point earlier of saying I wish I could pay for this

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

When your “base” (who are the only ppl listening) are freaking out about how badass your demos from 20 years ago are I would think it would make you somewhat happy? GNR please take my money. I’m happy to buy expensive concert tickets, new music (in every format available), cool art work, books, concert blu ray compilations (think HOB 01, Saskatoon, NITL troubadour) ect....Not 1000$ box sets of 30 year old songs, toy trucks, laundry bags. You are the most badass band of all time. Put out badass content and we will buy the fuck out of it!!!!! 

• Like 1

If TB and Axl are reading I will pay money for a mixed and mastered official release of these five songs. They are good. We WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY. Not for a toy truck or candles, for good music, which you have!

• Like 3