2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

20 hours ago, Argentino said:

No, there was a clip with fragments of Nightrain, Rocket Queen and some other song with studio quality different from what can be heard on the Live ERA. The video title was something like "AFD 1999?"

But thats only the voice rerecorded. Not the whole song or clips

Yeah Its around the original ballpark if you include the CD songs

1. Atlas Shrugged

2. Hard School

3. Perhaps

4. State of Grace

5. Eye on You

6. Silkworms

7. Quicksong

8. Nothing

9. Chinese Democracy

10. The Blues

11. Catcher in the Rye

12. Riad 

13. IRS

14. Prostitute 

15. Going Down (No Axl though)

16.  TWAT

Edited by ZoSoRose

18 hours ago, Amir said:

Pretty happy with this track listing. In particular I feel Atlas is a better follow-up to TWAT than Catcher, which I've always felt "clangs" on the final album:

ISy5mQE.png

Would have likely been my favourite album of 2001 had it been released, even though I wasn't really a GNR fan at the time :P

Rereading Chinese Whispers for the bajillionth time, what's interesting is that in both 2001 and 2002 Axl said that the first album would be 18 songs. If they were sticking with 74 minute CDs and just one disc for the first album, that'd be an average of just over four minutes per song. Maybe he was planning on using the epic ballads sparingly per album?

Or maybe that O Globo interview could be interpreted as 18 tracks across 2 CDs, one called Chinese and one called PRL, but ultimately the same album?

Shit. Imagine having 3 albums of 18 songs by now... 

What does PRL stand for?

Edited by liers

We're back!  I took some notes of what's to come:

Eye On You, Nothing, Quicksong have vocals; a lot of the music is industrial

Mustache- "a rocker", instrumental

Eye on You- "a lot of people will hate it but eye on you is pretty cool" "Warning it’s totally different from anything gnr has done ." "Eye on you starts with axl singing and chorus is “ I know you think your bad but whose your macdaddy “ he repeats that a lot in chorus"

Zodiac- "Zodiac is heavy! 2 versions of it. One regular and the 2nd one on the bucket Cd has a piano at beginning and glitches out and goes heavy"

"There is a song that is like My world but Ballad"

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, grkgunner said:

I hope rerecorded Welcome to the Jungle comes next since we know it was on that list. Like the stripped back version of KOHD although its missing Axl's intro from the 2001 live performances

Have been said no vocals on jungle

Edited by Finck2006

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

We're back!  I took some notes of what's to come:

Bring it on! Industrial is fine if it’s badass like State of Grace. Is Nothing the one that supposed to be Pink Floydish? 

So Zodiac is instrumental? 

Edited by Arnuld

The drums section in 3$P/Better in what is now the intro for the live version is fucking killer and one of the most bad ass things I've heard in a Guns track from any era. Sounds like APC/Tool or something. Absolutely should have kept that pattern. I'm really surprised at how Better is essentially complete minus the added bit from Richard and extending a few bars here and there for solos. For some reason I assumed it was a later song that got worked together, not that there are literally parts from the demo in 2000 that are still in the final released mix :lol:

17 hours ago, Amir said:

Man, I am gonna be so bummed in October when exactly none of these songs will be played live :/ 

Well, I just hope they play some new stuff - whatever it is. Doesn't have to be Chinese era, as long as it's something new.

If the set list for the upcoming tour includes nothing new, I'll stop believing a new album is coming anytime soon.

I would not be surprised if maybe they add some covers or some songs that they don’t normally play from illusions or other albums. I would bet if we hear anything new it would be towards the end of the tour

I’m really tired of the covers though. And the same set list

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What about it? As in, does it have vocals? 

The song was mentioned by Axl ages ago and it has a story...

Rose said a court date with his ex-wife, Erin Everly, on the day after the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, inspired the song "Oklahoma."
"I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing," Rose is quoted as saying. "I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal."

The lyrics of State of Grace do fit though...