downzy

09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

(if you think your getting vegemite) :P 

(Let's not post anymore videos because it'll make the thread lag - and I'm right anyway.)

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Haha 1

This is getting exciting!!!

if i really remember correctly, GNR (this actually line up) released Perfect Crime some time ago dont it?? but never played in that NITL leg.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

For whatever it's worth, I heard them soundcheck Madagascar in Vancouver in 2017 and they didn't play it at that show.

Perhaps (pun intended) they're testing the waters for either tonight or later show?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

For whatever it's worth, I heard them soundcheck Madagascar in Vancouver in 2017 and they didn't play it at that show.

Yep ive heard the sound check boys are back and marcellies in sydney and both were never played. No vocals just instrumental and slash/duff talking between parts

• Like 1

Just to counter all the instances where sound checked songs didn't appear at the show: Coma was rehearsed before the first Vegas show in 2016, right?

Just now, Spirit said:

Just to counter all the instances where sound checked songs didn't appear at the show: Coma was rehearsed before the first Vegas show in 2016, right?

It was rehearsed at the Troubadour aswell

5 minutes ago, vloors said:

Yep ive heard the sound check boys are back and marcellies in sydney and both were never played. No vocals just instrumental and slash/duff talking between parts

The Angels deserve more love. Axl should definitely cover Marseilles again, or another song of theirs.

• Like 1

They have been soundchecking many songs, some of them make it to the setlist like Slither some don’t. They rehearsed Slither for a long time before they actually played it.

4 minutes ago, bdinan said:

If they sound checked the songs, the "leaks" were intentional. 

viral marketing maybe? and zutaut was in on it all along?

• Like 1

I have no idea if that rumor they soundchecked Hard School is true, but if they did it doesn't even matter if they play it tonight because that's huge. That alone means they're serious about releasing new material and that it might be coming a lot sooner than we think. Not getting my hopes up but seriously huge news if they sound checked that song.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Fingers crossed for Axl to say "we're gonna try something here" tonight! :)

No doubt his go to phrase lol

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Still tho, the fact that it was even just rehearsed is still a MASSIVE step forward for this fucking band...

EDIT: Love you're new signature btw! This fandom needs to turn "Who's You're Mac Daddy?" into a meme!

I do agree that it is a significant development that this song was rehearsed. I hope it means the band is open to doing this and more new stuff.

And thanks! :) 

Odds Axl addresses the leaks? He isn't a big talker on stage as of late, but who could forget the cheeky ”leaking motherfuckers” line

honestly I still wanna hear perfect crime more than hard school.

a proper studio recording would be the best way to experience new tunes short of being in LA and hearing it live with a suitable mix, not some youtube clip. 

• Like 1

If they sound checked Hardschool, it means they probably intend to play it at some stage yeah. Doesn't mean it's tonight, or the next gig.

It certainly doesn't mean the leaks are intentional.  Jump to that conclusion if you wish but your jumping over logic in the process.

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

Odds Axl addresses the leaks? He isn't a big talker on stage as of late, but who could forget the cheeky ”leaking motherfuckers” line

I doubt he would address the leaks, even if he opts to play Hardschool. He'll probably just say 'this is something new for you' and get right into it. No need to unnecessarily promote the leaks.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I doubt he would address the leaks, even if he opts to play Hardschool. He'll probably just say 'this is something new for you' and get right into it. No need to unnecessarily promote the leaks.

He did mention "downloading motherfuckers" back in 2006, though.