downzy

09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I would’ve been pissed if I were one of the attendees who forked over a ludicrous amount of cash.

And they were late by 1hr 35mins...is it confirmed they've stopped playing? I was hoping they were rushing though to play a slew of the alternates at the end.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I would’ve been pissed if I were one of the attendees who forked over a ludicrous amount of cash.

Why they were never promised new or leaked songs though I wish they would have played one I am happy for the alt list

This sounds like exactly what it was , a warm up show. If they are going to play hard school at any point it’ll be debuted to a larger audience to get it out there. 

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Well, if nothing else, we know that they soundchecked Hard School and that it's on the set list.

It'll get played eventually.

OMG was on the setlist and soundchecked in Rio and never played

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

And they were late by 1hr 35mins...is it confirmed they've stopped playing? I was hoping they were rushing though to play a slew of the alternates at the end.

It'd be pretty legendary if they ended the regular set and then ended on a slew of alternates, but that's not happening in this lifetime.

19 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

"Mac Daddy" or Mack Daddy is a term used to describe a man with an unusual power over women, and is derived from the French and later Louisiana Creole patois term "maqereau," which means "pimp." Adding "daddy" makes it mean "top pimp."

A pimp, huh? That would be Izzy. 

BTW, they should've ended the gig with this:

Edited by Fourteenbeers

Presuming the playlist pic is legit, I wouldn't expect Locomotive to be played anyway - I think it'll be more like with Perfect Crime: written there but never played. I mean, come on, this song is whole different than Coma. 

3 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I am pretty sure Axl has a cell phone and a mind of his own.

Do you always look at stuff related to your own work online though?

I honestly don’t want to hear any new material. They looked bored and sounded sloppy. Frank ruins everything and Fortus trying to shred is cringeworthy as hell. I’m just tired of this band. Thank God I found TOOL.

SAME OLD SAME OLD--i dont know why anyone gets excited over leaks of instrumentals---we wont hear the vocals maybe ever or for years!!! nothing but a tour machine it seems:(

Just now, Bansidhe said:

Do you always look at stuff related to your own work online though?

We already know he has in the past. I say yes and I am sure there was talk in the official camp they purposely put that in the alt list. He knows

• Like 1

I followed along and watched/listened to the streams. I think we all know they don't really go nuts on the first night (with the exception of 5-12-06.) If they are changing things, they will happen little by little as usual. 

Just now, iftheworld said:

I honestly don’t want to hear any new material. They looked bored and sounded sloppy. Frank ruins everything and Fortus trying to shred is cringeworthy as hell. I’m just tired of this band. Thank God I found TOOL.

Lol what show were you watching? They were tight as fuck. Even Frank improved. 

1 minute ago, iftheworld said:

New Tool album is great when I can't sleep. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iftheworld said:

I wonder if Tool has a cool forum like this for you

• GNFNR 3
  • Haha 1

Seriously, you were all expecting to hear new music today? N E W  M U S I C? SERIOUSLY?

that's the problem--everything with this band is little by little--1 album in 26 years and now leaks of which alot of songs or maybe all will never be released

Just now, nikosgnr said:

Seriously, you were all expecting to hear new music today? N E W  M U S I C? SERIOUSLY?

We heard it at soundcheck

cool. Axl finally with short hair. No hats  and glasses. And Hard School just made the list.

• Like 1

To be honest, the band sounded really good and it was a cool show. Axl sounded good at times and his voice wasn’t a major concern. 

The blues jam was actually a highlight for me, unbelievable guitar playing. 

I just don’t understand why they don’t mix things up a bit! The set list is essentially the exact same as it was 3.5 years ago. We can predict exactly what’s coming next.