09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Come on Russ lol.  Sounds fine to you?  Good grief, you should go back and watch some 80s/90s Axl.  This....is garbage.  Out of pitch, struggling to keep his breath and the scream is just.....turrible. 

Agree the hair looks good though. 

I've seen plenty of 80s/90s Axl both in person and on video. 

Again, I haven't heard the rest of the show, just that Jungle video. And yes, I thought he sounded just fine in that video. 

8 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Just to ask....last night about 1 hour before the show began, there were 2 threads on another forum that claimed a portion of Hard School was played during rehearsals. Several asked for video to verify, none was produced that I saw, but multiple people claimed to have heard it outside the venue....Anyone see or hear anything on this?

Since it was on the list of alts for the setlist, I'm sure they could've sound checked it. 

• Like 1

I watched on periscope and listened to the YouTube videos this morning 

Axl sounded great - times there was some issues but overall he was fantastic 

Frank has finally gotten better - Kudos to him 

Richard is solid as a rock 

Duff killed it on vox on his 2 numbers - the improv in “ Attitude “ was new and killer 

Last but definitely not least Mr Slash 

The cat was on 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 all night 

He is the MAN -,The Star ⭐️ of the show 

cant wait till next Saturday “ Louder Than Life “ in Louisville 

Band sounds amazing and in mid tour form it’s gonna be badass 

Edited by TMAC20

Just now, RussTCB said:

I've seen plenty of 80s/90s Axl both in person and on video. 

Again, I haven't heard the rest of the show, just that Jungle video. And yes, I thought he sounded just fine in that video. 

I've watched a few clips and I agree he sounds okay. Not great, but certainly not as bad as the worst shows in 2017/18 (Berlin 18 and Rock In Rio 17 spring to mind as being the nadir). 

• Like 4

If the Band adds Locomotive-“ My Dream “ 

and My Michelle And loses Witchita Lineman 

This will beyound Epic And if they wanna play Hard School I’m down with that 2 

I can guarantee you the crowd in Louisville this Saturday night will be raucous and fucking loud so I’m sure the Band will Be On 🔥🔥🔥

cant fucking wait 

Slash is the best in the world on guitar 🎸 right now and shows it every gig - 

1- Slash 

2- Zakk Wylde 

3- Steve Vai 

Can’t Fucking wait to Hear Axl and Slash Rip it  up in front of 60000 raucous Ky motherfucking Gnr Fans 

Edited by TMAC20

17 minutes ago, Creed said:

someone said she deleted her twitter or sth. then i saw that her last pic on IG was at a hospital in April. She was then 3 weeks i'll. so i was confused.

i'm the first guy who would blame Axl for his look and voice, but come on...this time its ridiculous. he looks fit. slash is 'fatter' than him this time. the short hair was a good decision. putting glasses and hats away as well.

What

He is large. Compare today videos to some 2018 ones. I thought he was fat then but now he is way bigger. He definitely doesn’t look fit at all. Duff and Richard are. Last time you could call Axl fit was in 2007.

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Any good photos?

I’ll upload some tonight when I get home. Too tired and at the airport... 

And thanks to the people three rows in front of me that posted the set list. Yes, Hard School was rehearsed, no vocals that I could hear and the doors were actually open in the back during the rehearsal. Axl was in a great mood and was smiling throughout the show. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Since Hardschool is still alive inside the world of the band, does that mean it’s really about Izzy and not slash?

I don't think one excludes the other. He could have written it about Slash then and it could apply to "anyone" now. I don't think it matters if it was about Slash.

I can't wait to listen to the clips. But from what I've seen and read. I don't see an issue with a bunch of guys in their late 50s putting a 3 hour long set let every show. As far as looks go; as someone else said, everybody ages differently. I have no issues with Axl's new hair cut. If the guy is happy, then why judge him for it? if he's a little pudgy around the belly, who cares as long as he's happy. Can you imagine a guy whose pushing 60 to dress like he did 30 years ago? Be kinda silly and a little disturbing to see a man his age in assless chaps or biker shorts. Nobody complains really about the older rockers like David Gilmoure or Robert Plant or even Steven Tyler on how they look at their age. Although you'd hear alot of late night comedian's calling Steven Tyler an old gypsy lady, lol. I think Axl looks good with the shorter hair. I'm no profesional hair stylst, but it is commonly said if you've had long hair for a long time, and depending on your genes, your hair will thin out, so cutting it short sometimes helps with it growing in thicker. Just my two cents, but again, who really cares as long as the band sounds good and they all happy. 

is there any audio from soundcheck or a verified genuine account that HS was rehearsed? 

If it's on the set list it may well just be a windup as the band are well aware that they get leaked all the time. There have been many occasions where songs have been on the set lists and never played!

1 minute ago, bangit said:

is there any audio from soundcheck or a verified genuine account that HS was rehearsed? 

If it's on the set list it may well just be a windup as the band are well aware that they get leaked all the time. There have been many occasions where songs have been on the set lists and never played!

No none of us were recording, sorry. 

Ok cool. If HS is genuinely in the setlist, it'll get played at some point in the next few shows i would imagine. Axl usually waits until a couple of show in before dropping new songs..... SOYL didn't get played immediately if i recall correctly. 

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:

At the end of the day, Axl still looks like Axl, belly and all.  :axl: A more surprising transformation is James Hetfield accepting and going fully into Papa Het mode during the current Metallica tour:

Webp.net-resizeimage-3-3-920x584.jpg

I’ve been loving james’ new look since last year. He should long hair and the handlebar mustache more often! He’s been sounding better too imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bangit said:

Ok cool. If HS is genuinely in the setlist, it'll get played at some point in the next few shows i would imagine. Axl usually waits until a couple of show in before dropping new songs..... SOYL didn't get played immediately if i recall correctly. 

Yes it did, but other songs like Catcher and Madagascar had to wait a few shows even after being soundchecked.