Tour Logistics from Duff

45 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Cool vid Duff posted on his IG going over the last leg of the tour.

What I picked up from this, and I'm surprised, it looks like they still take busses? And they are also flying commercial between some cities. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4iV6_EnyNq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Sounds like he enjoyed the tour, good to see the vibe is still good! although I remember interviews with VR where I thought it was all good, right up until it imploded and everybody was suddenly an asshole, so... :D 

Look at that schedule:wacko: Living the dream, fortunately the GNR shows pay cheque well and truly balances out the time spent away from family etc. 

I am guessing Axl is not sitting on that bus, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a private jet that takes him back to California after each gig especially if there are like 2 or 3 days off in between, I know that is a popular thing among big time artists nowadays where they basically jet in the day of and jet out after a gig, the air is their highway, I am actually surprised to hear Duff doing the bus thing

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, k12 said:

I am guessing Axl is not sitting on that bus, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a private jet that takes him back to California after each gig especially if there are like 2 or 3 days off in between, I know that is a popular thing among big time artists nowadays where they basically jet in the day of and jet out after a gig, the air is their highway, I am actually surprised to hear Duff doing the bus thing

If I could swing it, like Axl obviously can, I would probably do the same thing.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, cineater said:

Wait, I'm so fucking lost.  There's no times or locations (just a city) on that calendar.  He's really bad at the calendar.  You'd think for an accountant major there would be more detail.   

They all get a spiral bound notebook that has all the detail/logistics for every show/city on the tour or leg of a tour. The book includes details on flights, transportation, hotels, load in/outs, set times,venues etc. He just pulled the main points and put them on a calendar for easy reference.  Bands go to companies such as this one:  http://www.touringlogistics.com/ 

Books also include this type of info: 

• Tour Adamt/Art for cover
  • Date & Venue information
  • Personnel
  • Tour Related Offices/Vendors
  • Travel/Flight/Mileage Information
  • Set Times/Day Schedule
  • Press Schedule
  • Venue/Promoter/Production Manager Info
  • Currency/Embassy contact information

Edited by DPR714
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DPR714 said:

They all get a spiral bound notebook that has all the detail/logistics for every show/city on the tour or leg of a tour. The book includes details on flights, transportation, hotels, load in/outs, set times,venues etc. He just pulled the main points and put them on a calendar for easy reference.  Bands go to companies such as this one:  http://www.touringlogistics.com/ 

Books also include this type of info: 

• Tour Adamt/Art for cover
  • Date & Venue information
  • Personnel
  • Tour Related Offices/Vendors
  • Travel/Flight/Mileage Information
  • Set Times/Day Schedule
  • Press Schedule
  • Venue/Promoter/Production Manager Info
  • Currency/Embassy contact information

I figured they get detailed stuff and maybe a personal assistant assigned to a couple of them.  I would need somebody to hold my hand, just take me to where I need to be. :lol:  My calendar for something like that would be so packed.  I'd be living off of it.  No wonder they stay on the stage for hours.  The only safe, uncomplicated place on the tour.  Know what they are doing there.

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

I figured they get detailed stuff and maybe a personal assistant assigned to a couple of them.  I would need somebody to hold my hand, just take me to where I need to be. :lol:  My calendar for something like that would be so packed.  I'd be living off of it.  No wonder they stay on the stage for hours.  The only safe, uncomplicated place on the tour.  Know what they are doing there.

They also have those people in each city.  A buddy of mine works for a company that picks up bands at the airport they will fly into a smaller airport on private jet (for those that fly in to do shows) and drives them to the venue.  Here in Minneapolis a lot of bands will "hub" out of Chicago and fly to shows in the midwest - Milwaukee, MSP/StPaul, St Louis, Detroit, etc.. While the gear/prod travels from venue to venue, the band fly's in, does the show and fly's out afterward. Not all bands do this, but those that do it gives them a sense of "home," while on the road.  He has driven for Metallica, Bob Segar and others.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, GNfnR2` said:

The real surprise is that they rehearse for 2 weeks.  I would think they have these songs down, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take it at a very slow pace, doing only 3-4 songs a day and spending time sitting around talking etc.

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

I'm pretty concerned about the future of GNRAir with all this talk of taking the bus. 

Does this mean we won't get that GNRAir Lithograph set? 

Maybe not.....but you can still pre-order your Captain's pin badge and Aviator Glasses. and try and help them take to the skies. It must be hard running an airline with no flights- the least people could do is buy items of clothing with their logo on. If you buy enough of it you could dress like a captain and might even win a prize at a local fancy dress competition! 

You could be beaten savagely on the train however getting to the competition, or laughed at by local teenagers, so exercise caution. 

• Haha 1