North American Tour Dates Announced

1 minute ago, TheGeneral said:

They have to release an album to do a stadium tour...

They just have to...come on...

COME ON!!! :no:

As long as promoters are willing to fork over their fee, they don’t have to do anything. 

I don’t think an album moves the needle to jump from an arena to a stadium regardless. At best you get more VIP upgrades/charge more from the hardcore fanbase...which is worth something, but not to the extent that everyone thinks 

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

One hundred percent. They're making more money than ever with these nostalgia shows.  They can't be bothered to give an iota of a fuck what the hardcore fans think about new music.  It's a chore Axl's been putting off for a decade.  If anything, all the dough they've been making the last four years puts it even further on the back burner.  It's fucking sad from a fan's perspective, but it's becoming more and more clear that's just how it is. 

To be fair - @HollyWoodRose84 has stated it’s actually done. If that’s the case then there was/is clearly intent to release it. WHEN appears to be the issue. When Live Nation pulls the deal?

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

So - are we discounting any new album or EP being called ‘Larger Than Life’? That’s what a tour name would normally signify (apart from NITL). What’s your take on it?

To me, it sounds like an incredibly lazy label for a tour that needed a label.  But is it possible? Sure, I suppose.

Just now, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - @HollyWoodRose84 has stated it’s actually done. If that’s the case then there was/is clearly intent to release it. WHEN appears to be the issue. When Live Nation pulls the deal?

I don't know a thing about this guy. Is he the new Mysteron? What has he said that would show he's an "insider" ?Because if I had a dollar for each of those over the years I'd be buying pit tickets to several upcoming shows. 

• Like 2

Larger than Life - WTF?  Is backstreet boy the opening act lol.

I'm surprised they are taking on another N. American stadium tour without a co-headliner or something.  Crue/Def Lep/Poison/Joan Jett is a solid lineup and more bang for buck than GNR stand-alone.

I think I'm gonna sit this one out, and wait for them to do the amphitheater circuit in a year or two.  I saw them twice on NITL, including GA Pit, so I am good for now.

Edited by BadApples87

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I don't know a thing about this guy. Is he the new Mysteron? What has he said that would show he's an "insider" ?Because if I had a dollar for each of those over the years I'd be buying pit tickets to several upcoming shows. 

How do they know it's "done"?  Just curious.

LOL, he's just guessing like the rest of us. 

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If it’s done... Look, I think they would all like to release it. To say it’s 100 percent nostalgia isn’t exactly true. They want to do both, but right now they have the ability to cash in big time. Both can exist, but one clearly has priority 

Having it make financial sense for everyone involved might be an issue. The label isn’t going to release something and take a loss. GNR isn’t going to release something with it born to fail/or at their expense. 

A tour tie in is nice, but does that make UMG comfortable to move units? Who knows. They know their numbers. Same with Guns. Do they really need to release something now? They’re still getting paid big for shows. Maybe they hold on until it makes sense. Maybe they announce in a few weeks once the initial sales for the tour flatten out. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

LOL, he's just guessing like the rest of us. 

Well a broken clock is right twice a day! I've always said there'll be new music but I can't guess if it'll be 2020,2021 2030?! But one of these days I'll be right.

You are probably right,Russ. His next post will be "I can't tell you how I know because that will expose my source "(*COUGH *FRANK/RICHARD*COUGH) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was referring to you criticizing my post in such a literal way, nothing about the band. 

As far as my stance on the band.  I haven't flip flopped on anything. For the most part my opinions haven't changed at all, but unlike others (not referring to you) I am not going to bitch about the same shit day after day for 4 years lol. You are either in or out. Overall they still put on a good show and I am all about live music. Could it be better? 100% it could, but I'll take we have over nothing. 

I agree with you on that :)

• Like 1

How do they know it's "done"?  Just curious.

Best way I can say it is this.  I’m sure many members here are also members of different forums. Sports, music, movies other hobbies. It would blow your mind to know just exactly who is hiding in plain sight in all of these different forums. The people you talk to and you have no idea. It’s happened to me many times and every time I find out it’s always the same, “oh wow, that’s really fn’ interesting.” 

I could tell you the inside scoop of Sting’s $65 million Central Park home he bought last year. I could get into what actually happened with Joey Kramer and Aerosmith a few weeks ago. Guns could drop ten plus songs (all new, all finished) whenever they want. Fact is, they won’t until they want to. Sucks for everyone waiting (myself included) but in all honesty, the money isn’t in new music anymore guys. That era is loooooooooong gone. When it gets released it will be when they want it to be released. Until then, I’d enjoy Axl and Slash together as many times as you can. Nobody is getting younger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I want new music as much as the next guy but to believe that Guns need an album or a couple new songs in their setlist to keep touring at the highest level (stadiums/large fields) is just delusional, in my opinion.

There will be a day when they can't fill more than 10.000/15.000 seats and that's only because their target has already had enough of the guys. If the majority of people at their shows barely knows the lyrics besides SCOM/WTTJ/DC/NR/Patience/PC's chorus, how can you expect them to think of a new Guns album as the second coming of Jesus?

They're a legacy act, way past their prime but somehow due to their behaviour and mistery surrounding every move (or lack of), were able to keep a certain appeal, much more since Slash returned.

What we have now is a GREAT live band, capable of putting together a solid show, enough for you to go home, thinking how great of an evening that was. 

Duff has a side project, so does Slash. GNR is like a daytime job that funds their personal projects/dreams/ambitions. I'm sure they all get a kick when they got 60k people screaming to the opening chords of Jungle but that's it - instant reward with little to zero hassle.

Why change the formula?

Just now, sofine11 said:

To me, it sounds like an incredibly lazy label for a tour that needed a label.  But is it possible? Sure, I suppose.

Don’t get me wrong - it a bit ‘meh’. But just wondered as that’s how stuff normally goes (Tour is either clearly a reunion/farewell OR to support a release). I say normally but....well...you know?!

Just now, RussTCB said:

Dammit... My son's mom just reminded me that my son has never seen GN'R. He's 14 now and really wants to go. 

I think I'm going to leave it up to her to get tickets and take him.

Oh dude....take your son.  I took mine to St. Louis two years ago and I am so glad I did. 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Oh dude....take your son.  I took mine to St. Louis two years ago and I am so glad I did. 

His mom is very into music and loves GNR, so I'm cool with them going. She's not anywhere near as disillusioned with GNR as I am, so he'll probably have a much better time going with her :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Don’t get me wrong - it a bit ‘meh’. But just wondered as that’s how stuff normally goes (Tour is either clearly a reunion/farewell OR to support a release). I say normally but....well...you know?!

You failed when you used the word “normally.” 

Normally and Guns will never be in the same sentence.