Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

28 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

GNR sex toy merch would at least be on brand. Actually surprised they haven't done it yet.

I think GN'R already fucks us plenty well enough without needing to bring sex toys into the mix..

• Haha 2

Seriously though, what the fuck.

35 years this band has been going, with 6 studio albums to show for it. Of those, one is all covers and one is two EPs thrown together.

The reunion was their last big chance to make a real statement and make up for those lost years. And, four years later, what do we get? A children's book. As for new music, zilch. 

I mean they shows were fun and everything, but this situation...words fail me.

• Like 1

Absolutely fucking done with this band. 

I’ve defended the band and tried to see the business side of the tour announcement (or lack there of), but what the actual fuck is this horse shit?!

I won’t spend another penny on this band. That’s me 100% done. 

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. 

So it's ok to say "Metallica did it" when it's something like this, but not when it comes to every other way that Metallica treats their fans better? 

I realize you're only making these posts for attention though. There's no other reason to enter a thread and make no other comments outside of attempting to insult the users here. 

How am I insulting?

Metallica did it.

Zepplin did it

Queen did it

Ringo and Paul did it.

Again you said GNR treats their fans like shit and have provided no evidence other than "muh" new music.

I am not trolling I am just saying. Every time GNR does something that it's not new music you guys go on about"THEY TREAT US LIKE SHIT!!!!!""

@allwaystired just insulted me claiming i was mojo because I didn't express the same view he did 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Also, what a serious lack of tact as far as timing goes. I imagine the conversation at TB HQ went something along the following lines:

Person: "Hey Fernando, turns out there's a global pandemic going on at the moment and we've got shows booked which start in two weeks. Do you think we should put something out online to let people know what the situation is and that we might have to reschedule? A lot of people spent a lot of cash on tickets after all."

Fernando: "Hey man, sounds great but i've actually just come up with this idea for a new GN'R-themed childrens' book. Now loads of people aren't having to go to work and won't be going to our shows, they'll have more time for reading, so seems like the perfect time to start selling! Think you can post about it on Facebook?"

Person: "Yeah that's cool, but about the tour, I still really think we should....."

Fernando (interrupting): "Nah man, children's book."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How am I insulting?

Metallica did it.

Zepplin did it

Queen did it

Ringo and Paul did it.

Again you said GNR treats their fans like shit and have provided no evidence other than "muh" new music.

I am not trolling I am just saying. Every time GNR does something that it's not new music you guys go on about"THEY TREAT US LIKE SHIT!!!!!""

@allwaystired just insulted me claiming i was mojo because I didn't express the same view he did 

Wow, that's interesting......I never said anything of the sort.

Now why would you think I might think you were him? Very odd. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

IIRC his daughters name is Maya Rose Leibeis?

I wouldn't put it passed him to be so delusional to take on the Rose surname, but that might not be the case here. And if so, I think its a sweet gesture to offer Axl legacy in the family by giving his daughter that middle name.

Yeah, I believe it's a middle name.

• Like 1

Apparently this is basically aimed at people who have only heard Sweet Child O' Mine.

I don't think Fernando is so delusional to expect us to buy this thing (although you never know with him).

I'd rather have this (from January 2002): :lol:

2002_010.jpg

I guess (if that was real) it would've been based on the "Uncle Axl" persona he had launched in the short animated film that was the intro at HoB and RIR III. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Even looking through the lens of a non-hardcore fan (as I try to be as unbiased as possible), this is still baffling. I'm thinking to myself, "Isn't Guns N' Roses a band? Bands make and release music. It's been awhile since they've released any. It's a bit weird to go out and release a children's book before that."

That aside, the timing of such announcement is inconsiderate. All people want to know about is where their money is amid this pandemic. Not to turn this into the COVID thread, but if there's any announcement that needs to be made, it's relating to that. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1