NITL live videos on youtube

On 7/10/2020 at 3:07 AM, dando said:

Download released it not the band, download filmed it and i take it the band needs to buy the footage off the festival 

No it's on the official Halestorm channel, not Download's. Halestorm released it a couple weeks ago. Idk if they had to buy it but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for GnR.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, Tom-Ass said:

It is just disappointed fans who love the band and want better.  Most people here are emotionally invested in the band and have been for a long time. It just sucks to see what they have become. The reunion was fun for a minute but in reality there isn't much left to praise them for.. The only reason I am barely hanging on here still is because Slash is still involved. I could care less if they disbanded tomorrow though.  From the minute this reunion started I said Axl would need to be really good to keep trotting around with this lineup.. In 2016 he was good enough but there wasn't much wiggle room. He just isn't good enough any more... Then you throw in the over priced tickets, crappy management, the lack of anything to keep anyone interested.. The Appetite Box Set was a good idea but overall it was overpriced and over rated.. Over 4 years into it and they finally release some crappy youtube videos..  They could have released a kick ass Blu Ray to help people buy into this lineup. They could have showcased the excitement of the reunion with cool footage from all over the world. Actually took time to find the best performances of every song.  For songs Axl struggles on they could compensate by picking performances from places like South America and Mexico to showcase the insane energy of the fans...  Instead they will pick some single show at was filmed and they have to put in the least amount of effort.. It would also most likely be some US show with a lame ass crowd too. 

I agree, I'm in the same place as you. I think they should've done a live Blu-ray with a documentary about the reunion with interviews, behind the scenes footage, etc. That would've sold well and fans would've really been into it. Another missed opportunity, as usual.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

No it's on the official Halestorm channel, not Download's. Halestorm released it a couple weeks ago. Idk if they had to buy it but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for GnR.

Nope, Download film the lot themselves, bands then would have to buy the footage off the festival.. Its definitely all filmed in house 

I agree, I'm in the same place as you. I think they should've done a live Blu-ray with a documentary about the reunion with interviews, behind the scenes footage, etc. That would've sold well and fans would've really been into it. Another missed opportunity, as usual.

30 minutes ago, dando said:

Nope, Download film the lot themselves, bands then would have to buy the footage off the festival.. Its definitely all filmed in house 

The rights of the footage is part of the contracts the band signs, which are all individual and different. Some (a majority) include the right to own their recordings in their deal. 

Any band of size will have the rights of the recording included in their deal. GNR 100 per cent have, as it's been mentioned before on here. 

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The rights of the footage is part of the contracts the band signs, which are all individual and different. Some (a majority) include the right to own their recordings in their deal. 

Any band of size will have the rights of the recording included in their deal. GNR 100 per cent have, as it's been mentioned before on here. 

What a load of bollocks in all honesty, you know the deal the band signed so you? Mentioned here is gospel is it? 

The only gigs GNR didn't film themselves were the NY Apollo & Download UK, 100% they film it all themselves.. If bands want it, they need to purchase it from download, ask Aerosmith as they had to pay to release the DVD

Edited by dando

11 hours ago, dando said:

I know Download films it, but Halestorm posted it on their channel. Whether they bought it or not, my point is that they posted the full show on their own channel for their fans to see.

I know Download films it, but Halestorm posted it on their channel. Whether they bought it or not, my point is that they posted the full show on their own channel for their fans to see.

Yeah but they'll have had to buy the footage.. Good on them too, giving something back 

13 hours ago, dando said:

What a load of bollocks in all honesty, you know the deal the band signed so you? Mentioned here is gospel is it? 

The only gigs GNR didn't film themselves were the NY Apollo & Download UK, 100% they film it all themselves.. If bands want it, they need to purchase it from download, ask Aerosmith as they had to pay to release the DVD

Ummm......yeah I do know quite a bit about the deals bands sign in a professional capacity for shows and festivals. Do you? 

The other 'mentions' here were from people who also know, alongside Jarmo, who certainly knows. 

So yeah, I think people do know rather more than you with your wild and inaccurate speculation. I think people that work with booking bands in a professional capacity, or tour with the band, might be a little more 'gospel' than someone spouting speculation as if it's fact on an internet forum. 'In all honesty'. 

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They'll probably own it, as they'll have had it written into their contract. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ummm......yeah I do know quite a bit about the deals bands sign in a professional capacity for shows and festivals. Do you? 

The other 'mentions' here were from people who also know, alongside Jarmo, who certainly knows. 

So yeah, I think people do know rather more than you with your wild and inaccurate speculation. I think people that work with booking bands in a professional capacity, or tour with the band, might be a little more 'gospel' than someone spouting speculation as if it's fact on an internet forum. 'In all honesty'. 

They'll probably own it, as they'll have had it written into their contract. 

Yes i do, My mrs has worked the last few downloads & every gig at Sheffield arena too for years behind the scenes, so there's facts, then there's your view as just someone saying what you think rather than what you know 

You've absolutely no idea what's in a bands contract with a festival or promotion... Its definitely 100% that download film it themselves and own the rights to the footage unless a band technically buys the footage off them

You think what u want though 

Edited by dando

16 minutes ago, dando said:

Yes i do, My mrs has worked the last few downloads & every gig at Sheffield arena too for years behind the scenes, so there's facts, then there's your view as just someone saying what you think rather than what you know 

You've absolutely no idea what's in a bands contract with a festival or promotion... Its definitely 100% that download film it themselves and own the rights to the footage unless a band technically buys the footage off them

You think what u want though 

Working 'behind the scenes at the last few downloads and every gig at Sheffield Arena' can mean anything from mopping the floors to changing lightbulbs or being a security guard. So I'm not sure what 'facts' you mean at all. 1000s of people are employed at both venues, in many capacities. 

I don't really know what to tell you other than that I'm very aware of contracts, as I deal with them professionally. Short of leaking a few online (which I'm obviously not going to do) I can't keep repeating myself. Download film it, but again IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL CONTRACT OF THE BAND AS TO WHO RETAINS THE RECORDED FOOTAGE. 

I don't really understand why this is such a difficult concept to understand. Or why you seem so insistent that you're correct, despite the fact you can Google this stuff and research it for yourself.  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Working 'behind the scenes at the last few downloads and every gig at Sheffield Arena' can mean anything from mopping the floors to changing lightbulbs or being a security guard. So I'm not sure what 'facts' you mean at all. 1000s of people are employed at both venues, in many capacities. 

I don't really know what to tell you other than that I'm very aware of contracts, as I deal with them professionally. Short of leaking a few online (which I'm obviously not going to do) I can't keep repeating myself. Download film it, but again IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL CONTRACT OF THE BAND AS TO WHO RETAINS THE RECORDED FOOTAGE. 

I don't really understand why this is such a difficult concept to understand. Or why you seem so insistent that you're correct, despite the fact you can Google this stuff and research it for yourself.  

I dont need to Google it, i know whats right and what they do. Download record it themselves not bands, near impossible for bands to record their own stuff at festivals, setups take too long etc... Its you doubting facts, why dont u email download or Fernando and ask? 

Just now, dando said:

I dont need to Google it, i know whats right and what they do. Download record it themselves not bands, near impossible for bands to record their own stuff at festivals, setups take too long etc... Its you doubting facts, why dont u email download or Fernando and ask? 

We're all aware that Download have an in-house recording team yes. No one has suggested otherwise. BUT THEY DON'T OWN THE RECORDINGS. IT DEPENDS ON THE BAND CONTRACTS. If festivals owned the footage they would monetize it readily with a string of live albums and DVDs. That this doesn't happen really tells you all you need to know about ownership. 

I haven't seen you mention any 'facts' at all. 

I don't really see the point in continuing much more to be honest. You seem to want to remain willfully oblivious to what people are telling you, which could be easily be verified online. I'm not quite sure why you want to do that, but there we go. 

I do very much enjoy the "I know what's right and what they do and I don't need to learn about it, or hear from anyone that actually works in the industry, or look at anything, or read any of the articles about it, because I know I'm right" attitude though. Very 2020. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

We're all aware that Download have an in-house recording team yes. No one has suggested otherwise. BUT THEY DON'T OWN THE RECORDINGS. IT DEPENDS ON THE BAND CONTRACTS. If festivals owned the footage they would monetize it readily with a string of live albums and DVDs. That this doesn't happen really tells you all you need to know about ownership. 

I haven't seen you mention any 'facts' at all. 

I don't really see the point in continuing much more to be honest. You seem to want to remain willfully oblivious to what people are telling you, which could be easily be verified online. I'm not quite sure why you want to do that, but there we go. 

I do very much enjoy the "I know what's right and what they do and I don't need to learn about it, or hear from anyone that actually works in the industry, or look at anything, or read any of the articles about it, because I know I'm right" attitude though. Very 2020. 

Download released ISE & Jungle nearly 2 years ago on sky arts & YouTube, not the band.. Because its their footage, these tracks weren't released on the Selects by Guns we're they

You're a bit full of yourself aren't you.. God sake... Download own the footage until a tour promoter or band agree to buy the footage off them... How hard is it to understand? You're talking absolute bollocks... Ask Aerosmith, the amount they had to pay to buy the footage from DL to release it on dvd / bluray whatever it was... Somehow you think you're right about something you know nothing on

You've got inner info about the contract gnr had at Donnington have you? Absolutely not so do me a favour

Edited by dando

26 minutes ago, dando said:

Download released ISE & Jungle nearly 2 years ago on sky arts & YouTube, not the band.. Because its their footage, these tracks weren't released on the Selects by Guns we're they

You're a bit full of yourself aren't you.. God sake... Download own the footage until a tour promoter or band agree to buy the footage off them... How hard is it to understand? You're talking absolute bollocks... Ask Aerosmith, the amount they had to pay to buy the footage from DL to release it on dvd / bluray whatever it was... Somehow you think you're right about something you know nothing on

You've got inner info about the contract gnr had at Donnington have you? Absolutely not so do me a favour

There's zero point continuing this rather draining dialogue. 

I can't really keep saying the same things over and over and pointing you in the direction of looking up and reading about this stuff, and listening to people that work with band bookings and venues. Far from 'knowing nothing' and 'talking bollocks', I'll point out one last time that I do indeed work in this in a professional capacity. Not that will make a blind bit of difference at this juncture though. 

If you refuse to listen, refuse to read details about contracts online, refuse to even look at sample contracts that are available and dish out personal insults, then that's up to you. You seem to be the expert in something you have no professional expertise in and revel in the fact that you don't want to know anything other than what you think, so there's zero point in conversing further. 

Good luck to you. 

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's zero point continuing this rather draining dialogue. 

Then you replied to it, shows how dumb you are? 🙄 you know so little about this, absolutely nothing about the contractual stuff

Facts are facts, and on this, you dont know any. 

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

17 minutes ago, dando said:

Haha! Whatever! Keep dishing out insults. 

Might look a bit better when you're calling people 'dumb' though if you didn't litter your messages with spelling and grammar errors. Just a pointer for the future. 

There might be a couple of doctors on here- perhaps you could tell them all how much you know about open-heart surgery and how little they know? That should keep you amused. 

And with that, I've let myself down and risen to your trolling again. So for my own sanity, it's the ever-useful block feature for me! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha! Whatever! Keep dishing out insults. 

Might look a bit better when you're calling people 'dumb' though if you didn't litter your messages with spelling and grammar errors. Just a pointer for the future. 

There might be a couple of doctors on here- perhaps you could tell them all how much you know about open-heart surgery and how little they know? That should keep you amused. 

And with that, I've let myself down and risen to your trolling again. So for my own sanity, it's the ever-useful block feature for me! 

Jesus christ...the reason you can't prove a thing you say, is because you're so clearly wrong. Fans like you & me know nothing about contacts with bands and festivals.. Absolutely nothing as its confidential, download 100% own all footage unless it's purchased from them... How hard is it to understand, ask them, and i bet you a month's salary they confirm what ive said... Im not claiming to know everything about everything but this is concrete 

You believe what u want, you'll probably believe yourself in the end 

11 minutes ago, dando said:

Fans like you & me know nothing about contacts with bands and festivals.. Absolutely nothing

download 100% own all footage unless it's purchased from them

We know nothing... now let me tell you exactly how it works. :lol:

Is it not possible that the recording is worked into GNR's contract? Like, instead of making 3 million dollars, they make 2.9 plus they own the rights to the recording, which means they wouldn't have to buy the footage from Download should they decide to use it later? Seems like there's some experts on here who would know how this works.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 10:29 AM, dando said:

I agree with the ACDC preference, i was in Manchester and it blew me away how good it was.. Axl wasn't in charge, Angus making him bust his balls might have been a factor but he was excellent, id rather have ACDC Axl Selects to be honest 

Well on AC/DC boards they said AXL sounded like mickey and also like fingernails clawing a board while on helium.

• Like 1