Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Alcione is one of the worst singers in Brazil. Awful awful music. Axl has spent half of his life with a Brazilian person and hasn't learned how to write 'obrigado' :lol:

You clearly don't know jack shit about brazilian music.

I know a lot actually. Shoot me a pm if you want me to tell you how awful Alcione is. This is not the place for it.

Alcione is one of the worst singers in Brazil. Awful awful music. Axl has spent half of his life with a Brazilian person and hasn't learned how to write 'obrigado' :lol:

Axl likes her so she must be one of the greatest -- ever. :lol:

Her music is utterly awful and I love Brazilian music.

I know a lot actually. Shoot me a pm if you want me to tell you how awful Alcione is. This is not the place for it.

You call people out here in the thread, but they call you out on something and it's "shoot me a PM" :lol:

You call people out here in the thread, but they call you out on something and it's "shoot me a PM" :lol:

What?

Brazilian music can range from rock and roll to samba, going through jazz. You can love and hate Brazilian music at the same time.

Your snarky and rude remark is ridiculous. I am Brazilian, I like samba, and Alcione is an appreciated and respected performer in Brazil, regardless of your personal opinion. It has nothing to do with Axl liking her or not.

Get off your pedestals, both you. Nobody elected you to decide what sucks and what doesn't based on your own personal taste. You can obviosly hate her music, but the "I know Brazilian music, she is awful" and "you like her because she is friends with Axl" routines are childish and pointless.

• Like 4

Brazilian music can range from rock and roll to samba, going through jazz. You can love and hate Brazilian music at the same time.

Your snarky and rude remark is ridiculous. I am Brazilian, I like samba, and Alcione is an appreciated and respected performer in Brazil, regardless of your personal opinion. It has nothing to do with Axl liking her or not.

Get off your pedestals, both you. Nobody elected you to decide what sucks and what doesn't based on your own personal taste. You can obviosly hate her music, but the "I know Brazilian music, she is awful" and "you like her because she is friends with Axl" routines are childish and pointless.

I love it when we get these once-in-a-while attempts to try to tell others what to do or say. Oh well, boy, aren't you doing the very exact thing you're criticizing me for? Stop wearing that captain hat. Remember, nobody in this forum gives a shit about you - or your opinion on other posters.

I never said I know Brazilian music, I said I loved it. Did you even read what I said? Anyways, and why did I say that? To not confuse people of me being racist or biased towards Brazil and their music. I simply find Alcione music to be awful. Where did I say that was a fact?

Now, and I think this is somehow related to English not being your first language, when I said Brazilian music I was referring to, of course, samba. So now, you're gonna tell me that samba is not part of Brazilian folklore? That samba does not identify your country's music? Please.

Finally, get off your pedestal, nobody elected you to decide what is childish and pointless and what isn't based on your own personal taste. Sounds familiar? I thought so. :)

I love it when we get these once-in-a-while attempts to try to tell others what to do or say. Oh well, boy, aren't you doing the very exact thing you're criticizing me for? Stop wearing that captain hat. Remember, nobody in this forum gives a shit about you - or your opinion on other posters.

I never said I know Brazilian music, I said I loved it. Did you even read what I said? Anyways, and why did I say that? To not confuse people of me being racist or biased towards Brazil and their music. I simply find Alcione music to be awful. Where did I say that was a fact?

Now, and I think this is somehow related to English not being your first language, when I said Brazilian music I was referring to, of course, samba. So now, you're gonna tell me that samba is not part of Brazilian folklore? That samba does not identify your country's music? Please.

Finally, get off your pedestal, nobody elected you to decide what is childish and pointless and what isn't based on your own personal taste. Sounds familiar? I thought so. :)

Fair point you make about me doing something similar to what I criticize you for.

It has nothing to do with English not being my first language, as Brazilain music, even if we consider only genres rooted in Brazilian culture and folklore, encompasses far, far more than samba. Perhaps it is related to the fact that I'm Brazilian after all and you are not.

I really have no interest or means to control your opinion on Alcione. The part about positive opinions about her being due to Axl nuthuggery riled me up a bit.

Hopefully Fernando sees this. Things are so clear and open with the band that arguments about Alcione are taking place on a GNR forum.

• Like 1