Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

You have to realize that certain posters here carry a huge agenda.

Are you talking about yourself? Cause as soon as someone said that GNR doesn't owe us anything. You claimed that literally every other band feels that they owe all their success to the fans. So I pointed out the obvious fact that not all bands suck up their fans, with no intention to make a big argument about it.

I find it hilarious that the two examples brought up in here are two artists that are universally despised on this forum. Make a topic about either one and 90% of the comments will be negative. Now they are being quoted - as a good thing - because they made negative comments about fans? Too funny. So to prove that Ted Bundy want a bad guy, let's quite Jeffrey Dahmer for his opinion on murder

You really seem to live in a weird mygnr world. You do know that we're all individual people on this board. And every single one of us have different opinions. So what does the common opinion of those artists on this message board have anything to do with anything. So they are despised by many on this forum. Why should I care about that? I like Lars Ulrich. I like Eminem. And I don't have anything against Tommy Lee. So why exactly can't I quote them? I've said numerous times that I'm not defending Axl here. I'm not trying to prove that he's not a bad guy. In fact this has nothing to do with Axl at all. I'm just against the "everybody owes me something" mentality. Nobody owes anybody anything.

Bottom line. To be successful a band has to treat their fanbase with respect. To deny that because of Lars Ullrich and Tommy Lee? Fucking hilarious. Especially because I promise you there are quotes out there from them where they say they owe their success to their fans.

In order to become successful a band usually has to treat their fans with respect. Not because you owe it to them, but because you lose many fans if you treat them like shit. I don't think anyone is denying that. However, when you already are a big star, you don't necessarily need to think about the fans as much, because a big portion of them will follow you no matter what. This is what we're witnessing with GNR for example.

Especially because I promise you there are quotes out there from them where they say they owe their success to their fans.

Um, no there aren't. Why do you lie? Do you think that makes your arguments sound more convincing?

And a band can put out the greatest album of all time. But if the bands don't buy it, they band will continue playing bars.

It's a relationship. It's a two way street. Without one side of it,,,,,,,,,,

How do you know that it's the greatest album of all times, if nobody buys it? Greatness is not something you can measure unlike popularity. That's why people usually try to make albums that will be popular. And if no one buys it, that means that you failed. A crazy person would blame the fans cause they didn't buy it. A rational person would try to make the next record better, or perhaps more accessible. And if he succeeds in that, he can be proud of himself. If he succeeds in making a record that people want to spend their money on, then he has earned his success. A crazy person would think he owes everything to the fans. A rational person knows that it's mostly your own merit if you manage to create an album that makes you successful. Of course luck is a very important factor too. But people don't usually buy your albums unless the album is good. So I don't personally see much reason in giving others all credit for the fact that you managed to create an album that many people enjoy. It's your own fault and not the consumers fault if the album flops. Likewise it's your own merit and not the consumers merit if the album becomes a hit. That's the way I see it, but feel free to disagree.

This is going off topic again. Start a new thread in Civil War please if you want to continue it. Thanks

Sorry, I was just answering Apollo, while you posted your message. Feel free to delete my post if necessary. :)

This is going off topic again. Start a new thread in Civil War please if you want to continue it. Thanks

Cleaned up the thread some and I'm quoting alfie's request as a reminder.

I apologize if my recent long post contributed to the tangent. It was a reflex reaction to an earlier post on here of someone saying they were no longer excited for cd2. In hindsight I shoulda just made my own thread for it or something

Had to remove some more posts. The following is mostly aimed at the person who quoted a post from 8 days ago just to kick things up again, but as a reminder to all:

If you want to discuss things other than GN'R social media posts, please take it to another thread.

• Like 1

Alcione is a badass singer. You not liking something doesn't make it bad.

Axl knowing and respecting her says a lot about how deep his relationship whit music is and how broad his influences can be.

Her songs and voice are terrible. How do you know he respects her? Do you know if he likes her songs? Where's the source for your claims?

Alcione is a badass singer. You not liking something doesn't make it bad.

Axl knowing and respecting her says a lot about how deep his relationship whit music is and how broad his influences can be.

Her songs and voice are terrible. How do you know he respects her? Do you know if he likes her songs? Where's the source for your claims?

I don't see what's the problem with her voice

Alcione is one of the worst singers in Brazil. Awful awful music. Axl has spent half of his life with a Brazilian person and hasn't learned how to write 'obrigado' :lol:

no she is not one of the worst singers in Brazil

she is one of the great ones

lol it's so fucking hard to rate the worst singers in Brazil. The great ones too.. I can't think of like... 10 artists I actually like :lol: